Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Hung out to Frei!

Argueably one of the worst performances I have witnessed.
    And I have seen 'em all.
    KD.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back MO J

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.. I'd say it's about the right time for a post-game thread.

Agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the 115 songs at the game yesterday "we've got the busiest keeper in the league" so many more, it was great! I have great sympathy for Frei! Gargan/Harden are so slow and out of place and teams target that weekness, Williams and Eck are solid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king dave View Post
    Argueably one of the worst performances I have witnessed.
    And I have seen 'em all.
    KD.
    I think that was the worst home performance for sure. I think the 5-0 loss in NY was our worst game ever though, we were actually playing for something and shit the bed the worst way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hated sitting in 105. Idiot douchebags heckling Frei the entire match. I refuse to ever sit there again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yeah there were some newbies in 114 shitting on frei.

i was like PARDON?

fricking hockey fans . . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want us to sign Torsten Frings, just so we can say we have a thread when they leave called "Frings and Frei to go"
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Goalie would of been disoriented and destroyed mentally, with 2 goals in the first 12 minutes of the game. the defence line was stinkier than crap. then came the third goal.
    If i was the coach i would of change Frei, not for been bad goalie, just to comfort him and to keep his confidece for the upcoming games, he is one of the best goalies in the league or in my openion in the world as well, never seen any goalie does the high saves as good as he does
    :drum: TFC :drum: TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ By pulling him out of the game though, you are destroying his confidence and showing him that he isnt reliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazinn View Post
    Any Goalie would of been disoriented and destroyed mentally, with 2 goals in the first 12 minutes of the game. the defence line was stinkier than crap. then came the third goal.
    If i was the coach i would of change Frei, not for been bad goalie, just to comfort him and to keep his confidece for the upcoming games, he is one of the best goalies in the league or in my openion in the world as well, never seen any goalie does the high saves as good as he does
    That's hockey stuff. Where you take out a goalie so his confidence isn't shattered. Much different in this sport where you only get 3 substitutions. To use one up on a goalie in the first half is not what I would be doing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I want us to sign Torsten Frings, just so we can say we have a thread when they leave called "Frings and Frei to go"
    There was a rumour years ago about Patrick Berger coming to the MLS. So if McQueen starts the thread, it could be...

Shakes: Berger, Frings and Frei to go

... not time for me to quit the day job

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    There was a rumour years ago about Patrick Berger coming to the MLS. So if McQueen starts the thread, it could be...

Somehow we have to work this guy into this joke
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerezo_fung_a_wing
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenchen29 View Post
    Love the 115 songs at the game yesterday "we've got the busiest keeper in the league" so many more, it was great! I have great sympathy for Frei! Gargan/Harden are so slow and out of place and teams target that weekness, Williams and Eck are solid!

I am assuming that you were in the 'hot spot' towards the top of 115.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4evared View Post
    I am assuming that you were in the 'hot spot' towards the top of 115.
    lol, Kev...yeah John and i enjoyed a few wobbly pops at the tailgate as you well know so were fairly creative as a result.

We had the "losing song" of
    "we never win at home, and we never win away. We lost last week and we'll lose today. We're all pissed up we don't care anyway, Toronto FC OK" and saw fit to borrow City's song of denial from seeing defeats at the likes of Northampton, Millwall, York City etc of "we are not, we're not really 'ere. we are not we're not really 'ere, just like the fans of the invisible man, we're not really 'ere"
    This was all after the 5th goal, when I swear 115 was the only fuckin standing section left in the south.

John also got the rare chance to sing " we're gonna win 7-6" which was a treat.

Ya know, when your getting fucked up the arse by a 2nd year team like that, you just gotta try and make the best out of it and the the piss out of the entire pointless exercise!
    Sure beats getting angry or singing songs with oles and allez in there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and did I mention KUDOS to all in 115 for joining in the spirit of the songs yesterday EVEN after the 5th and 6th flew in.
    Supporting football is a journey and when the glorious dawn arrives that we have a decent competitive team at TFC, I cannot imagine a better bunch of people to enjoy it with. Spontaneity in joy and gloom is a feature of 115.
    You'll take me out of that section in a wooden box, feet first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I hated sitting in 105. Idiot douchebags heckling Frei the entire match. I refuse to ever sit there again.
    spot on same where I was; there were 4 sth's doing the same (it was only 1-0 FFS), for the life of me why the fuck come if you're gonna shit from min 1 , on your team,and worse calling out Frei,.. thought I might have to get into it, and told them they were ridiculous,..but incredibly a family guy with his kids started into them as well, these drunk ass geezers, (not unlike myself I guess,) lol actually shut up for the whole game)....thanx too who ever this guy was....although my heart was breakin yesterday,..... yes they were shit BUT Santos, Winters and Frei knew it AND took FULL responsibility for it.......what else can you ask for after a complete ass whooping?....if it there was a simple solution every team would be unbeatable lol
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazinn View Post
    not bad point and after watching Kocic yesterday at the reserves, he's ready

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    lol, Kev...yeah John and i enjoyed a few wobbly pops at the tailgate as you well know so were fairly creative as a result.

We had the "losing song" of
    "we never win at home, and we never win away. We lost last week and we'll lose today. We're all pissed up we don't care anyway, Toronto FC OK" and saw fit to borrow City's song of denial from seeing defeats at the likes of Northampton, Millwall, York City etc of "we are not, we're not really 'ere. we are not we're not really 'ere, just like the fans of the invisible man, we're not really 'ere"
    This was all after the 5th goal, when I swear 115 was the only fuckin standing section left in the south.

John also got the rare chance to sing " we're gonna win 7-6" which was a treat.

Ya know, when your getting fucked up the arse by a 2nd year team like that, you just gotta try and make the best out of it and the the piss out of the entire pointless exercise!
    Sure beats getting angry or singing songs with oles and allez in there!
    This is priceless..........and definitely what was needed ,...wish I could have heard it in 111............true fans IMHO.......it was so negative and near me I was waitin for gladiators to come onto the field and the people around me to give the thumbs down signal.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    spot on same where I was; there were 4 sth's doing the same (it was only 1-0 FFS), for the life of me why the fuck come if you're gonna shit from min 1 , on your team,and worse calling out Frei,.. thought I might have to get into it, and told them they were ridiculous,..but incredibly a family guy with his kids started into them as well, these drunk ass geezers, (not unlike myself I guess,) lol actually shut up for the whole game)....thanx too who ever this guy was....although my heart was breakin yesterday,..... yes they were shit BUT Santos, Winters and Frei knew it AND took FULL responsibility for it.......what else can you ask for after a complete ass whooping?....if it there was a simple solution every team would be unbeatable lol
    Are you in 110? If so that was me shutting that a-hole down. Not the first time it's happened either.

Crazy anti-supporters come to the game decked out in their TFC wear and insult OUR players.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"we never win at home,
    and we never win away.
    We lost last week and we'll lose today.
    We're all pissed up we don't care anyway, Toronto FC OK"
    I remember learning that one after the first Columbus invasion.
    I really like that song, but WISH it wasn't always so fitting.

^ 8 minutes 40 seconds into it.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Crazy anti-supporters come to the game decked out in their TFC wear and insult OUR players.

well this is a whole 'nother issue.

Sometimes a shit performance deserves to hear some displeasure (and it's not like the players and staff don't know when they're tanking) but save it for AFTER the game or after a player gets subbed off.

and subbing frei wouldn't have made any difference - our defenders were almost letting Philly have target practice with him.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and did I mention KUDOS to all in 115 for joining in the spirit of the songs yesterday EVEN after the 5th and 6th flew in.
    Supporting football is a journey and when the glorious dawn arrives that we have a decent competitive team at TFC, I cannot imagine a better bunch of people to enjoy it with. Spontaneity in joy and gloom is a feature of 115.
    Apologies for leaving just after half-time, you know how much I enjoy being miserable!! There certainly was a bit of edge to some of the noobs in 114 and 115 who decided to join in for once, it was all very British in its tone which was no bad thing even if we were getting dirty looks for heckling the main offenders. Hope I get squashed in with those girls again. Beats standing between the usual suspects!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Are you in 110? If so that was me shutting that a-hole down. Not the first time it's happened either.

right beside in 111, they were in 110...thanx

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Apologies for leaving just after half-time, you know how much I enjoy being miserable!! There certainly was a bit of edge to some of the noobs in 114 and 115 who decided to join in for once, it was all very British in its tone which was no bad thing even if we were getting dirty looks for heckling the main offenders. Hope I get squashed in with those girls again. Beats standing between the usual suspects!!
    Hahahaha enjoyed being a usual suspect with ya there for a while Wull!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wull and Celt-Nick together? I think history shows when Scots get together only trouble can follow

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supporting football is a journey and. when the glorious dawn arrives that we have a decent competitive team at TFC, I cannot imagine a better bunch of people to enjoy it with. Spontaneity in joy and gloom is a feature of 115.

Good times City! "when the glorious dawn arrives that we have a decent competitive team at TFC"... Our day will come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by celt-nick View Post
    Hahahaha enjoyed being a usual suspect with ya there for a while Wull!
    I actually meant John and Chris, you don't weigh half as much!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Wull and Celt-Nick together? I think history shows when Scots get together only trouble can follow
    Unfortunately I witnessed that shite stone-cold sober so the potential for mayhem was never fully realized! T'was good to have the old uncle back though