Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the SSG's tan line!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSG "want's to finish high school so she go work in a hospital." Really? Like maybe as, like a cardiothoracic surgeon or something cool like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, poor girl. If she's 25 and still not finished highschool then her prospects of working in healthcare may not be the greatest.

The Aleman article is interesting, but i think his refusing to sign before the U-17 WC shows enough intent on his part. He wants to be 'shopped out' before signing with TFC clearly. I'd love his talent, but i'm not sure Aron Winter made the wrong move at all.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post

The Aleman article is interesting, but i think his refusing to sign before the U-17 WC shows enough intent on his part. He wants to be 'shopped out' before signing with TFC clearly. I'd love his talent, but i'm not sure Aron Winter made the wrong move at all.
    Agreed.
    Not sure how the kid can say he was fully committed to TFC,
    Yet he wanted to wait until after World Cup.
    Obviously he was holding out hope that he might impress some other clubs overseas.
    I'm with Winter on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Toronto FC: There have been some glimmers of hope thus far in the season, mostly led by goalkeeper Stefan Frei and solid defense."

17 goals against in 12 games. Solid defense

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d

sounds like sour grapes for aleman -- he does not want to commit to club so club says goodbye --- thats what we asked for no more wishy washy management -- sounds like progress is being made at last and hopefully the message will get out there to other players ie we are not going to be held ransom
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    lol, poor girl. If she's 25 and still not finished highschool then her prospects of working in healthcare may not be the greatest.

hahahahahaha nice
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One wonders what that girl has been doing with her life up to this point.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Agreed.
    Obviously he was holding out hope that he might impress some other clubs overseas.
    Same here. It didn't sound like he was committed at all the way he was talking there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.csnphilly.com/05/27/11/Un...547&feedID=704

hope they keep up their poor away form...
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    One wonders what that girl has been doing with her life up to this point.
    Answer below.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Agreed.
    I don't see the harm in that. We need talent. If we release the kid, with lose him automatically - no compensation of any sort. If we keep him, there's a chance that he leaves us anyway but also a chance that he stays with us. I don't see the harm in taking that chance - it doesn't cost us anything.

And, not to go negative but...new manager, same old lies - at least there's one constant with our team. Why say that he's leaving to pursue European try outs when the truth is that he was cut for refusing to make an immediate commitment? Why does our FO have to lie about everything?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Why does our FO have to lie about everything?
    I wonder if that was part of the job description when Winter was hired?

But of course people will just brush it off because they want Winter to succeed so badly he can't possibly be giving us more of the same bs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe hes not lying and youre both bent on a conspiracy.
    could be that the kid wanted to keep his options open after wc and winter, reasonably wanted him to sign with the team before hand, in case options for him arose with a bigger club. TFC isnt a charity and theres no good reason why the kid should be able to train with them for free then walk away with a better offer. Like people would be happier with that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm with Winter on this one. The kid is holding out to get a better offer.

This:

"I wanted to play for TFC. I never said I had tryouts anywhere. I never said I wanted to go anywhere. I just said I wanted to wait until after the World Cup. I just wanted to focus on the World and see what would happen after that," Aleman told CBCSports.ca on Thursday

And this:

Aleman maintains he would have considered signing the letter once the tournament in Mexico was over.
    "I told them I wanted to stay with TFC. I wanted to play there and I wanted to be with the team. … I [just] wanted to leave the door open until after the World Cup," Aleman said.

Tells me he is hoping to get a tryout somewhere else based on his WC performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    could be that the kid wanted to keep his options open after wc and winter, reasonably wanted him to sign with the team before hand, in case options for him arose with a bigger club. TFC isnt a charity and theres no good reason why the kid should be able to train with them for free then walk away with a better offer. Like people would be happier with that?
    I'm sure that's exactly what happened, but that's not what Winter said was it? Winter said that he left to pursue trials in Europe - which isn't true. I understand TFC postion perfectly well, I'm not even commenting on that, I'm commenting on them - once again - lying about it.

Winter said "These players have decided not to commit to our academy in order to pursue tryouts overseas." That's a lie. When its in black and white like that how can you say "maybe he isn't lying" and accuse me of some wild conspiracy theory? He blatantly said something that wasn't true.

(A few side points, when we release him we lost our right to compensation. Had we not released him and he left for a bigger club we'd be owed compensation. Also, based on what I've been told, TFC weren't offering him a contract at all, they wanted him to sign a letter of intent - a promise to sign for TFC in the future, not now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the harm in that. We need talent. If we release the kid, with lose him automatically - no compensation of any sort. If we keep him, there's a chance that he leaves us anyway but also a chance that he stays with us. I don't see the harm in taking that chance - it doesn't cost us anything.

And, not to go negative but...new manager, same old lies - at least there's one constant with our team. Why say that he's leaving to pursue European try outs when the truth is that he was cut for refusing to make an immediate commitment? Why does our FO have to lie about everything?

Hahahaha...You, Roogsy and Mene deserve one big thread where you can pretend to be somewhat, kinda sorta, maybe okay with Winter to save face when you're proven wrong.

Not to go negative but.....the coach is a liar.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I wonder if that was part of the job description when Winter was hired?

But of course people will just brush it off because they want Winter to succeed so badly he can't possibly be giving us more of the same bs.
    Chicken v. Egg argument. You're so scarred by previous management that you see anything but dominance on the field as same old same old.

Whatever. You're nickname says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    +1

If TFC had capitulated to his demands and he stayed here, and then done well, and moved on to a bigger club with nothing in return (which is what could happen without him commiting to the club) people would ALSO call the coach and manager incompetent and liars.

It's a lose lose for Winter and Co. in many peoples eyes.

Whatever.

We're just gonna keep hearing junk like:

I don't mind Winter but he's:

-a bad manager
    -a bad coach
    -a liar
    -a hard ass

All until this team is good (and I think they will be) and then there will be a few people around here that will have nothing to say but "I was wrong".

And something tells me that won't happen.

LOL

Aleman and TFC parted ways. It happens. It's not maniacal or evil. It's just what happens from time to time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whos to say the kid is telling the truth?
    Winter did not necessary lie either as We havent heard from the other two btw, only Keven.

They decided not to sign a letter of intent.
    Why would they do that?

I dont believe for a second that having him train with us for free, then leave us for free is the best idea, as well as people would happy to receive it as such.

Man, i understand your skepticism regarding the old guard the new one has given us no reason not to believe them (ignore the fact that MLSE owns the team).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe it's as simple as the other two players do have euro trials set up and Winter's statement is two thirds correct and we get all worked up over very, very little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the preliminary scouting reports on Aleman, I'm disappointed that he is no longer part of the organization.

However, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that based on their extensive background with the Ajax Youth Academy, Aron Winter and Bob DeClerk have the necessary credentials to make the appropriate judgement call regarding Aleman, or any of the other prospects in the TFC Academy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Aleman and TFC parted ways. It happens. It's not maniacal or evil. It's just what happens from time to time.
    yep exactly

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Didn't Aleman have a trial with Bayern?

And TFC wanted to keep him. I don't see where TFC didn't want to keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    However, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that based on their extensive background with the Ajax Youth Academy, Aron Winter and Bob DeClerk have the necessary credentials to make the appropriate judgement call regarding Aleman, or any of the other prospects in the TFC Academy.
    No way man. They know nothing about coaching a senior team and nothing about developing young players successfully.

Pseudo player agents and debbie downers know better.

(ps that was a poor attempt at sarcasm...I agree with you 100%)
    LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Aleman,

1+_=2

I think we can all fill in the blank here.

Winter made the right call for the team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter said "These players have decided not to commit to our academy in order to pursue tryouts overseas." That's a lie. When its in black and white like that how can you say "maybe he isn't lying" and accuse me of some wild conspiracy theory? He blatantly said something that wasn't true.
    To be fair, I don't think you are taking into account the full context:

a] English is his second language and maybe he said "pursue tryouts overseas," because that's, ultimately, the hope when you leave your options open -- that you get a tryout

b] as someone else has pointed out, he may have just lumped everyone together.. when, in actuality, just one or two of them had a tryout or tryouts lined up

c] people who don't speak English as a first language will sometimes not be as clear/specific as they should be and you would look silly to be splitting hairs; generalities help make things easier for them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Or maybe it's as simple as the other two players do have euro trials set up and Winter's statement is two thirds correct and we get all worked up over very, very little.
    Exactly. The main point in all this is the club management is being very consistent in saying we only want those who want to be here. Doesn't matter if you're Dero or one of our brightest academy prospects, no one is bigger than the club.
    These things happen in Europe all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Hahahaha...You, Roogsy and Mene deserve one big thread where you can pretend to be somewhat, kinda sorta, maybe okay with Winter to save face when you're proven wrong.

Not to go negative but.....the coach is a liar.

What a joke.
    For the record, I do like Winter and what he's doing with the team on the field and have never said otherwise. I don't want Winter fired. I don't hate him. What I don't like is what seems like continuation of past FO bad habbits carried over by the new management team. NOTHING would make me more happy than being wrong. I will rejoice in being wrong. I will wear being wrong like a badge of honour! But right now, I don't see it.

Chicken v. Egg argument. You're so scarred by previous management that you see anything but dominance on the field as same old same old.

Whatever. You're nickname says it all.
    I am scarred by previous management, because I see elements from them that I didn't like cropping up int he new management. IMO thats because while the manager changed, the FO and it's culture didn't change. I'm not bitching and complaining because we aren't winning - you couldn't be more off base with that accusation. My teams are my teams, win or lose, thick or thin. I'm a life long Leeds fan, I was as passionate about them when they were in the 3rd division as I was when they were in the Champions League. I have NO problems, issues or gripes about supporting a losing team. I do have a problem with dishonesty though. I find it very hard to support a team that doesn't share my values.

If TFC had capitulated to his demands and he stayed here, and then done well, and moved on to a bigger club with nothing in return (which is what could happen without him commiting to the club) people would ALSO call the coach and manager incompetent and liars.
    No, releasing him now means losing him for nothing in return. Having him registered with us and then leaving us entitles us to compensation. If nothing else, we've given up our right of compensation by releasing him now and not waiting for him to go somewhere else. Had Alemen left us, I probably would have questioned why and wondered if we could have done more to keep him depending on where he ended up. If he ends up at Munich, then no complaints from me - there's nothing we can do to compete with them. If he ends up at 2nd division team in Norway, then yes I'd probably feel like our club didn't do enough to keep him. In either event, I wouldn't call them liars if they didn't lie.

It's a lose lose for Winter and Co. in many peoples eyes.
    Maybe, but not in mine. Tell the truth and there will at least be a moral win regardless of the outcome.

Whatever.

We're just gonna keep hearing junk like:

I don't mind Winter but he's:

-a bad manager
    -a bad coach
    -a liar
    -a hard ass
    Other than calling him a liar when he lied and questioned some of his moves as manager (which EVERYONE has done) I haven't done these things.

All until this team is good (and I think they will be) and then there will be a few people around here that will have nothing to say but "I was wrong".

And something tells me that won't happen.

LOL
    If the team is horrible but honest I'll have far less complaints than if we win the league and are dishonest. As I've said countless times, while I want the club to do well and win it's not a factor in my supporting them. Acting professionally and being honest is.

TFC released Aleman. Its not manical or evil and it does happen from time to time. It's dumb, because if we waited a month we would have gotten compenation if he left, but that's not even my issue. My problem is with the misrepresentation. EVERYONE here agrees that TFC cut him lose because he wouldn't commit to the club before the U-17 WC, so why not just be honest and say that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVERYONE here agrees that TFC cut him lose because he wouldn't commit to the club before the U-17 WC, so why not just be honest and say that?
    LAUL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Didn't Aleman have a trial with Bayern?
    Someone here mentioned that, but I haven't heard anyone that I know say that. There's no way that he'd be trialling with Bayern, but moving to their academy is within the realm of posibility IMO. Again, I haven't heard that but I wouldn't dissmiss it as being possible.

And TFC wanted to keep him. I don't see where TFC didn't want to keep him.
    He didn't leave the team, they released him.