Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

havent been to bed and im gonna be so drunk by kickoff... if the game is cancelled again i'm going to jump infront of a gotrain.

calling for thunder showers i see?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coed girls 1 & 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That media,here we go again.
    Not a word about the game in yesterdays papers, Star,Globe and Post.
    Today just about zilch with the exception of the Star,I guess they woke up.It is just about treason.Anyway I have suffered for some 30 years being exposed to that media who don't want Canadian soccer and yesterday's game was a prime example.We are back to square one again and subjected to these editors who want us to disappear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johntv View Post
    That media,here we go again.
    Not a word about the game in yesterdays papers, Star,Globe and Post.
    Today just about zilch with the exception of the Star,I guess they woke up.It is just about treason.Anyway I have suffered for some 30 years being exposed to that media who don't want Canadian soccer and yesterday's game was a prime example.We are back to square one again and subjected to these editors who want us to disappear.
    Uh, I dunno how you think the media works, but they report on what people care about. And based on how many people were at the game BEFORE the storms rolled in, not too many people cared about that game. Don't blame the media for MLSE turning 80% of Toronto off soccer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    havent been to bed and im gonna be so drunk by kickoff... if the game is cancelled again i'm going to jump infront of a gotrain.

Does someone want to check to see if Brooker is still alive?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post

hahaha... I was just thinking that.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, I'm a bit confused about how this tournament works...is it a two leg final? or one game championship?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post

I guess this was the reason for the GO Train delays on CITY TV Breakfast Television this morning...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused about how this tournament works...is it a two leg final? or one game championship?
    2 leg final.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    2 leg final.
    ok...that's what I thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    ok...that's what I thought
    First Leg in Vancouver...1-1 Remember?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    No, not really...

HEY OH!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst weather ever at BMO.

My previous "worst weather ever" days were earlier this year when it was like -6 at gametime... or the NYRB game in May a few years back when we were hit with cold rain... or the LA game without Becks where it was sunny and then downpours would hit, and then the sun would come out.

I just crave a normal weather game... where I wear shorts and a t-shirt and I'm not cold and wet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Worst weather ever at BMO.

My previous "worst weather ever" days were earlier this year when it was like -6 at gametime... or the NYRB game in May a few years back when we were hit with cold rain... or the LA game without Becks where it was sunny and then downpours would hit, and then the sun would come out.

I just crave a normal weather game... where I wear shorts and a t-shirt and I'm not cold and wet.
    The Houston game was great on all counts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst weather by far! I night I will never forget! Chanting in the rain and lightning with the North End Elite. EPIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All we are saying....... Is build us a roof

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't there last night, so I can't speak for the weather. But it was bonedry 10 minutes west of BMO Field which I found surprising given the weather I was seeing on TV.

That being said, I can't imagine it was any worse than the weather at Giants stadium that fateful October night. That was the worst rain I have ever seen in my life, it felt like I was in the middle of a hurricane. And I certainly wish that game would have been called off before it was in the books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I wasn't there last night, so I can't speak for the weather. But it was bonedry 10 minutes west of BMO Field which I found surprising given the weather I was seeing on TV.

That being said, I can't imagine it was any worse than the weather at Giants stadium that fateful October night. That was the worst rain I have ever seen in my life, it felt like I was in the middle of a hurricane. And I certainly wish that game would have been called off before it was in the books.
    It was worse...

No shit, seriously, it was WAY WORSE...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart bleeds for our big girl...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny note...

Gerry Dobson at the start of the broadcast: "...one of these teams will hoist the voyageurs cup before the night is over..."

AH NOT SO MUCH! lol

Carts...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wasn't at Giants stadium on that Saturday but I played in a match the night before at BMO and it was very similar weather.

Yesterday was by far the worst. The 2nd worst was that New York match on May 2nd back in 2008. Only reason I remember the date is that I had to drive to London that night and didn't defrost until I got to London.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    The 2nd worst was that New York match on May 2nd back in 2008. Only reason I remember the date is that I had to drive to London that night and didn't defrost until I got to London.
    yes, that's the game I remembered as being absolutely dreadful too. Cold rain slapping me in the face. Thankfully it was a win, I believe. It was one of the next worse after last night.

That night, a ball was kicked up into the stands right behind me. The weather was so bad, and everyone had ponchos on, that security couldn't find the ball. Everyone around me knew the guy who had it though. We pointed away and security started looking into another section. My brother gave the guy his extra poncho to hide the ball. In the end, the guy got the ball out of the stadium. haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watching the broadcast now on the PVR - it seems as though Winter pulled TFC off the pitch, and the Officials/CSA bowed down to him in doing so...

TT is livid, and rightfully so, as it seems TFC started the process of the match being delayed at the 59:17 mark by just walking off...

The ref looks as surprised as TT when this happens...

Winter is asked "...was it your call..." and he walks away from the interviewer and says "...I think for both..." as he rushes off mic...

Its very odd... TT in his interview says there was 'one strike a few minutes ago' and then was caught off guard when TFC walked...

Its kinda odd - but worked out for us...

Carts...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    yes, that's the game I remembered as being absolutely dreadful too. Cold rain slapping me in the face. Thankfully it was a win, I believe. It was one of the next worse after last night.

That night, a ball was kicked up into the stands right behind me. The weather was so bad, and everyone had ponchos on, that security couldn't find the ball. Everyone around me knew the guy who had it though. We pointed away and security started looking into another section. My brother gave the guy his extra poncho to hide the ball. In the end, the guy got the ball out of the stadium. haha.
    1-1 draw I believe.

Stupid van den Bergh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Just watching the broadcast now on the PVR - it seems as though Winter pulled TFC off the pitch, and the Officials/CSA bowed down to him in doing so...

TT is livid, and rightfully so, as it seems TFC started the process of the match being delayed at the 59:17 mark by just walking off...

The ref looks as surprised as TT when this happens...

Winter is asked "...was it your call..." and he walks away from the interviewer and says "...I think for both..." as he rushes off mic...

Its very odd... TT in his interview says there was 'one strike a few minutes ago' and then was caught off guard when TFC walked...

Its kinda odd - but worked out for us...

Carts...
    Perhaps Winter initiated it, but he was concerned for the well being of his players, and rightfully so, considering the severity of the weather and the lightning in particular. It's safe to assume that the match would have been called anyway before it could be considered official. As I drove away from the parking lot I counted several more lightning strikes during the ensuing 15 minutes.

I guarantee that if Vancouver wasn't leading 1-0, Thordarson wouldn't have been so adamant to try and complete the match in such abhorrent conditions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Perhaps Winter initiated it, but he was concerned for the well being of his players, and rightfully so, considering the severity of the weather and the lightning in particular. It's safe to assume that the match would have been called anyway before it could be considered official. As I drove away from the parking lot I counted several more lightning strikes during the ensuing 15 minutes.

I guarantee that if Vancouver wasn't leading 1-0, Thordarson wouldn't have been so adamant to try and complete the match in such abhorrent conditions.
    Agreed.

It's nothing new to see teams use the rules and regulations to their advantage. It's either great or it sucks depending on which side you're on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

Of course not - I'm not saying that...

BUT - if the roles were reversed, lets say we're up 2-0 and Vancouver just walked off the pitch at 59-mins and said "too dangerous, can't finish" and the CSA/Officials bowed down to them - we'd be screaming bloody murder...

In the end it worked for Winter, but imagine if it didn't go so well - could have started a big mess LOL

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)