Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm not one to complain, but...

a) That was ridiculous having us supporters standing out in that shit (arguably dangerous conditions) waiting for seemingly hours on end for a bunch of guys in a warm, dry room to arbitrate when the best time to re-play the match was. CSA, grow some balls, and some respect from your supporters.

b) 11 am for a replay, when NOBODY will be able to make the game, and when we have a crucial match 2 days later is despicable. Sure, it will never be able to go on, but still:

WTF IS GOING ON?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the interview I saw they said it was in the tournament rules that each team signed that a replay will be done on the following day...but I easily could have misunderstood lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, and fair play to that. I guess the real question is: Why can't you cancel the game so I can go home, and not risk my life in an aluminum wonderland in a lightning storm? Call it, then argue about how/when the replay.

Fuck you, CSA.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I found a bit odd was the fact that people were permitted to stand in the hallways. Whenever I do that on a regular day I get told to move along.

We need a roof too.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    What I found a bit odd was the fact that people were permitted to stand in the hallways. Whenever I do that on a regular day I get told to move along.

We need a roof too.
    I asked Boris where the roof I ordered was. He threw a beer at me. True story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was brutal weather, things like this happen. I'm willing to give them a pass.

A roof would be nice. I hope they see some economic incentives in building one, along the lines of fewer no shows on rainy days, more people in the stands, more concession sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not complaining about being wet.

I've been wet before. That was not the worst weather I've endured at the stadium.

The delays, and fucking about (presumably pissing contests in the backroom btw us and the Caps) There was no new information in my last hour at the stadium. Game should've been called at the half, NEEDED to be called in the 60th, and they kept people there for an hour+ later.

Ignorant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I agree. Louie Jean had to tell us to go home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch is under 2" of water and there's lightning, it's not like we're splitting hairs here.

Shows the lack of authority and respect that the governing bodies command.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    It was brutal weather, things like this happen. I'm willing to give them a pass.

A roof would be nice. I hope they see some economic incentives in building one, along the lines of fewer no shows on rainy days, more people in the stands, more concession sales.
    After the land-office business they did tonight selling ponchos, they may decide they don't need a roof...

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh, made for a fun story.

I know I wont forget the game that didnt happen.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW - to all the idiots in Canucks gear - F U

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    meh, made for a fun story.

I know I wont forget the game that didnt happen.
    I was assaulted by RPB leadership. Disgraceful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you all had fun waiting around for an hour for nothing. I have to get to work early in the am to get an early loooong lunch. I'm sure the players are all as excited as you.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Same. Boris punched me in the groin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Even security just stood nonchalantly by.

nobody likes you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    a) That was ridiculous having us supporters standing out in that shit (arguably dangerous conditions) waiting for seemingly hours on end for a bunch of guys in a warm, dry room to arbitrate when the best time to re-play the match was. CSA, grow some balls, and some respect from your supporters.

b) 11 am for a replay, when NOBODY will be able to make the game, and when we have a crucial match 2 days later is despicable. Sure, it will never be able to go on, but still:

WTF IS GOING ON?!
    I will be there.

And by the way, Boris gave me a hug at the beginning of the 2nd half that never happened. I wouldn't call that assault.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 11am is shit...as a supporter I have no issue with the rain.

I do have issue with the amount of people standing in the concourse in the south end waiting for the rain to let up....seriously?! You got seats in a supporters section get the fuck out there and sing

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to understand what exactly the risk was/is. I assume it's bad, but I don't know.

I would have thought you had to clear a metal stadium the second you had lightning in the area.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightning. Unplayable pitch. 2 rain delays. All fine. The announcement at the second delay was 15 mins. It was a lot more than that.

The Referee's have clear rules on delays and when to call games. It's not like they call the CSA and ask "So it's raining...What do I do?" They should know that already.

I understand the replay has to be ASAP because both teams have to play on the weekend but it's unfortunate they can't wait till the evening.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF IS GOING ON?!
    "I'm not one to complain but" YOU ARE COMPLAINING

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually am one to complain....

So do I get a refund for tickets to the NCC final that I couldn't attend because it was rescheduled for 11am?

Of course this assumes they will play, which is still up in the air.

The match should have been called at 9pm. It was already lightning at that time.

Ensco touched on this in the match thread. This wasn't a failure of MLSE, this was a failure of ALL parties involved and is sad reality of modern professional sports. They do this in baseball too sometimes having them try to play in some real pathetic weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the ref had any brains (doubtful looking at his performance) they would have played until it was an official game.
    Dont ask the CSA to come up with any good ideas !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Winter and the ref wanted to call the match right a lot sooner, but Teitur Thordarson disputed the decision. Eventually the ref over-ruled him in accordance with the rules.

Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-26-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was too wet but with the forecast, the pissing rain, and the games they have to play this weekend it would have made a lot more sense.
    When does this game have to be played by ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    It was too wet but with the forecast, the pissing rain, and the games they have to play this weekend it would have made a lot more sense.
    When does this game have to be played by ?
    The funny thing is if the match had started at 8:05pm (it started around 8:20pm for some reason) and they didn't take the the extra 1/2 hour for half time they probably could have managed to play the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand the game being stopped because of lightning, but what happened to the 2 million dollar pitch they installed with a top of the line drainage system?? The field looked like a lake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- There was heavy rain and some lightning. They delayed the game (AT HALF TIME). Typical

- They started the second half in hopes of finishing. They gave it a go for 10 minutes, and the rain and lightning didn't let up. For safety sake, and for the sake of the game, they called another delay. Typical.

- They waited to see if the game could be played, as would be expected. (Vancouver coach even said in an interview that he's waited 3 hours for a delay to end). Fans had personal choices to make, go home, or wait.

- Decision made to abandon the game. As is the rules, you play the next day if possible. That's was the decision. So if weather holds on Thursday, they'll play. It affects both teams.

Sounds pretty black and white, and the exact way you'd expect such a situation to play out. Coaches, players, organizers, fans... all should have expected this type of situation to be played out this way.

Complaining/whining/bitching about this is complete nonsense. If you didn't expect things to play out this way, then you're in the minority and need to do your research before hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When is the first round of concacaf champions league?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    When is the first round of concacaf champions league?
    Last week of July. But Canada's representative has to be decided by the end of June.