Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Well, we'll have to wait and see how the team is doing 2/3 of the way through next season. If Winter wants to stay in Toronto, who knows what he'll do to stay. Did he move his family here?
    AMEN
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    WOW,I was 100% sure I was reading this thread: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27997

Guys you are repeating your self thread after thread.

Lately every thread end up being 2-3 posters vs rest of the board.
    As an observer and casual participant on this board it looks like some people are upset that their hero (Dero) got dumped to the Cows by the brass. Ever since April 1st, every post turns to this. It's clearly far too long lingering sour grapes. It is what it is. Management & coaching staff makes decisions on players and we either live with it or shut the fuck up and go cheer for some bandwagon team that's popular at the moment.

For me, I support the club and players of TFC. I may not like what's going on and I may not like all the decisions being made but I will always love my club. If I was from some bottom end burg in Kent County, England or something I would be cheering on whatever Blue Square club was in my area and living with the hardships (and successes) as they came.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically if TFC is so shit and apparently everything they do or ever will do is shit then go buy a Galaxy, RSL, or NYRB jersey and get the fuck off TFC supporters forums. Go bother their supporters for a while.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    They should have never, ever considered our wants when it comes to the product on the field.
    I agree with a bunch of your post, but I take issue with this. I don't think they have, and there's no reason to think that they did. I mean, if there's an interview with someone stating "yeah, the only reason we signed JDG and DeRo was due to a very convincing post by Red Patch Boys forums user TFCManchesterRed", I'd love to see it, but I don't think it's true.

You can't just point to us talking about a player, and TFC signing that player, and say we caused it. Correlation != causation. If anything, I believe those signings were due to the utterly pitiful scouting network we had in place, which means that we were talking about the same obvious people that were the entirety of what FO knew about, and not due to some jackass on the internet making a serious, passionate post about transfer targets and then running off to make weiner jokes for 5 months.

If we stopped signing players we talk about, and it seems we have, it's because Winter actually knows a person or two over in the land where they play Real Football, and not because they've decided to stop letting us handle transfer policy (only marketing imagery for now on, boys.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    So the club goes out and hires a guy, based (at least somewhat) on the word of Jurgen Klinsmann and his consulting company. Yay.....we're going to play "total football" with Aron Winter (a former Dutch national player and coach of the Ajax youth system-because buidling through youth is the future ya know) and Paul Mariner, a universally admired ex player and MLS contract/salary manager.

Sweet...we're on our way. Then the contrived drama surrounding DeRo, Cann and Nana and now our once great laid plans are actually the roads to ruins (according to some).

And all of this after 12 games.

Sweeeeeeet!

LOL
    Klinsman pointed them in the direction of a local soccer organisation with strong links to Ajax, took his bag of money and laughed his ass off all the way to the bank, from what I can tell.

Ill bet all the money that was funnelled into this "find someone to tell us what to do" project would have been enough to poach a manager who has a track record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So basically if TFC is so shit and apparently everything they do or ever will do is shit then go buy a Galaxy, RSL, or NYRB jersey and get the fuck off TFC supporters forums. Go bother their supporters for a while.
    I resent your comment. Ive been supporting this team from the very beginning, pumpinmg money into BMO and there is NOTHING you can tell me about supporting a team, anyway. You have no business whatsoever telling me I should go support a team I have no local connection to, because Im vocal about its mismanagement.

Do you not get it? We want to support a Toronto team because were from/in/near Toronto. However the organisation that bought the rights to a Toronto team, and stand in the way of anyone else doing the same, are treating it and us like a big joke.

The solution is not to go and support LA. For fucks sake, how slow is this?

Tell you what, go and ask a liverpool supporter (in merseyside) who was part of the movement that eventually saw Hicks and Gillette ousted, why he didnt just go and support Manchester United, instead of complaining about the owners.

Ill pay the dental bills.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The anger is and should have always been directed at the higher ups at TFC not the players and coaches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AMEN
    You seriously mean that up until 2/3 of next season, we have a license to be awful?

Sorry man, people are voting with their asses, however much pontification about system development, youth culture, attractive posession football and other fluffy white shit occurs.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Sorry man, people are voting with their asses,
    But is that because of the results or ticket prices? Does the shitty weather lately have anything to do with it? Could some people just be fed up with the FO and their attempts at killing atmosphere?

Again, the anger - much like the Liverpool situation or even the United supporters with their green & gold campaign - should be at the higher ups. I don't recall Liverpool or United supporters turning on the coaches or players.

The players and coaches have become scapegoats for where the real anger should be directed towards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Again, the anger - much like the Liverpool situation or even the United supporters with their green & gold campaign - should be at the higher ups. I don't recall Liverpool or United supporters turning on the coaches or players.
    Actually, the Liverpool supporters turned on Hodgson in a way that Liverpool supporters have never turned on their managers. They also had a lot of choice words about a few of Hodgson's signings.

Loyalty to the coach is something I feel is important, but first the coach and players have to prove their loyalty to the team and the fans, and if they look like theyd rather be somewhere else, fuck em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glory hunters

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know that supporters turned on Hodgson... but wasn't that because Hodgson was a Gillette/Hicks hire and had rejected Dalglish as a candidate? They inherited Benitez and towards the end of his tenure he started feeling heat from the supporters as well.

But once Fenway bought the team then the anger was directed solely at Hodgson to and then didn't he make the fateful mistake of turning on the supporters?

But until Fenway bought the team, the anger was directed at Gillette and Hicks not Hodgson, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loyalty to the coach is something I feel is important, but first the coach and players have to prove their loyalty to the team and the fans, and if they look like theyd rather be somewhere else, fuck em.
    Agreed.

So why not give the coach a chance to show he wants to be here and is loyal?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Amen.

From the Dutch correspondent for WFC and FourFourTwo.

jouracule Mohamed Moallim
    Unfortunately 'total football' has become a byword for 'pretty passing attacking football'. Has completely lost its original meaning.
    jouracule Mohamed Moallim
    I reiterate no side theoretically plays 'total football' today or has in the past 2-3 generations.
    Unfortunately a lot of naive media, and some supporters, ran with it. Latching on to some moniker that's been hanging over Dutch football since '74. I don't think Winter or Mariner ever uttered the words "total football".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen.

From the Dutch correspondent for WFC and FourFourTwo.

Unfortunately a lot of naive media, and some supporters, ran with it. Latching on to some moniker that's been hanging over Dutch football since '74. I don't think Winter or Mariner ever uttered the words "total football".
    They never did as far as I recall. The term "total football" was picked up by the media and used countless times over and over again when reporting on Winter's hiring. It's the Fox News syndrome, say it enough times in the media and people start to think Aaron Winter was going around telling everyone he was bringing Total Football to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    Easier, but less cheap. The JDG signing was perfect proportions of both.

And didn't he only come because he literally had zero (0) offers from anywhere else in Europe?
    If he had zero offer's from europe or other places he wouldn't have gotten the contract he got here. Nobody's going to give a player 1.8 million with no other offer's on the table. Think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    If he had zero offer's from europe or other places he wouldn't have gotten the contract he got here. Nobody's going to give a player 1.8 million with no other offer's on the table. Think about it.
    I could also say, if JDG had ANY decent offers he would never have come. He was very clear from the beginning when he turned TFC down that he wanted to play a couple more years in Europe and that money wasn't an object. Think about it!

Oh, and an offer to clean up toilets for Celtic doesn't count as an offer.

De Guzman said openly on the Footy Show three weeks ago that he would like to return to Spain but no club has come any where near that amount of money for the Canadian international. After getting turned down at many clubs in Spain, the De Guzman camp have been working angles at Portsmouth, Tottenham and Celtic but all three clubs expressed very little to no interest.

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/...-deal-for-tfc/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but fine, take away his experience as a player, which I still think is relevant because I'm familiar with the winning culture that he was a part of, and actually saw him play live.

but take that away, and you still have:

New England Revolution

and Rocker thinks thats not a good resume for a coach, and that a much less decorated ex player with ZERO coaching honours because he has never actually been a head coach before, was a better fit to manage this team.
    Actually, whether one's a more rational assumption than the other or not, both positions are assumptions ,since there's no established baseline for what qualifies someone as a good coach.

You could assume that Nicol would be better suited, and it might even get you better odds. But that doesn't make it a sure thing just because Winter has only coached youth teams. (And he has been a head coach; he's been a head coach of youth teams. As someone noted regarding Schellas Hyndman, it's really not that different.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW,I was 100% sure I was reading this thread: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27997

Guys you are repeating your self thread after thread.

Lately every thread end up being 2-3 posters vs rest of the board.

Depends on the the thread you're in I suppose. But it's good to generalize that way. Either way, if you want to know how things turn out, how about your spend your time reading that thread if you're not going to contribute to this thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resent your comment. Ive been supporting this team from the very beginning, pumpinmg money into BMO and there is NOTHING you can tell me about supporting a team, anyway. You have no business whatsoever telling me I should go support a team I have no local connection to, because Im vocal about its mismanagement.

Do you not get it? We want to support a Toronto team because were from/in/near Toronto. However the organisation that bought the rights to a Toronto team, and stand in the way of anyone else doing the same, are treating it and us like a big joke.

Tell you what, go and ask a liverpool supporter (in merseyside) who was part of the movement that eventually saw Hicks and Gillette ousted, why he didnt just go and support Manchester United, instead of complaining about the owners.

This is the post that deserve an Amen.

I am also assuming that everyone in here that is accusing those of us that are not happy as being "disloyal" are also people that didn't participate in any way shape or form in any of the protests at the end of last season, because otherwise, they have some explaining to do.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 05-18-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I could also say, if JDG had ANY decent offers he would never have come. He was very clear from the beginning when he turned TFC down that he wanted to play a couple more years in Europe and that money wasn't an object. Think about it!

Oh, and an offer to clean up toilets for Celtic doesn't count as an offer.
    The poster I am refering to said ZERO offers from europe, he didn't say he didn't get any offers any where near what he got here. You being a wiseguy and JDG hater it doesn't surprise me you would chime in with an anti JDG post. I don't hate anyone on this club, but you do( you and many other's can go cheer for someone else). That toilet comment exposes who you really are. Everyone else can interpret that any way they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Get a grip!
    You can go drink your koolaid and pretend it's all love and roses. But I love my team and with that get the right to rip them when they need it.

Enjoy your academy games.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that supporters turned on Hodgson... but wasn't that because Hodgson was a Gillette/Hicks hire and had rejected Dalglish as a candidate? They inherited Benitez and towards the end of his tenure he started feeling heat from the supporters as well.

But once Fenway bought the team then the anger was directed solely at Hodgson to and then didn't he make the fateful mistake of turning on the supporters?

But until Fenway bought the team, the anger was directed at Gillette and Hicks not Hodgson, no?
    Irrelevant. Your point was that supporters don`t turn on their managers which is absolute garbage. If we hadn`t turned on Mo and Preki they might still be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

You left out that some people follow the sport not just for flares, smoke bombs and flags. Some people enjoy the sport and watch the game.

But what do us non Ultras know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    The poster I am refering to said ZERO offers from europe, he didn't say he didn't get any offers any where near what he got here. You being a wiseguy and JDG hater it doesn't surprise me you would chime in with an anti JDG post. I don't hate anyone on this club, but you do( you and many other's can go cheer for someone else). That toilet comment exposes who you really are. Everyone else can interpret that any way they want.
    Your argument coulnd't be more flawed. My response proves it. He had no offers anywhere near what TFC offered him. It wasn't the other offers that determined JDG's value, it was Mo's trigger happy negotiations that did. It's not the first time MO severely overpaid someone. I'll let you think about actually defending your argument and responding to that instead of concetrating on labeling me as something. If you want to label me as a hater, feel free to label me a Habs hater as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Actually, whether one's a more rational assumption than the other or not, both positions are assumptions ,since there's no established baseline for what qualifies someone as a good coach.

You could assume that Nicol would be better suited, and it might even get you better odds. But that doesn't make it a sure thing just because Winter has only coached youth teams. (And he has been a head coach; he's been a head coach of youth teams. As someone noted regarding Schellas Hyndman, it's really not that different.)
    Jeremy, you;ve lost the plot lately.

This is one of your best, right up there with
    'I'd rather watch us miss the playoffs with attractive football than watch us get through with boring football'

coaching youth teams in holland isnt much different from coaching a first team in MLS.....ok man, whatever.

Nicol would have been a crapshoot, then, absolutely nothing to suggest that he would be any better than a green rookie.

Except his fucking resume.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'I'd rather watch us miss the playoffs with attractive football than watch us get through with boring football'

coaching youth teams in holland isnt much different from coaching a first team in MLS.....ok man, whatever.

Nicol would have been a crapshoot, then, absolutely nothing to suggest that he would be any better than a green rookie.

Shoot...I will take 4 MLS Finals appearances right about now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Shoot...I will take 4 MLS Finals appearances right about now!
    And I would happily watch them play 'prekiball' all the way there too.

After all Prekiball gave us 4-1 against Chicago on a cold windy day in the rain.

The same fixture, at roughly the same time and with exactly the same weather, but with Winterball got us 2-2 (but apparrently it was more attractive so thats ok)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Shoot...I will take 4 MLS Finals appearances right
    about now!
    Out of curiosity...what was Nichols coaching record and what were his coaching credentials when he was appointed at New England?

You guys say that we have to wait and see but you've already made up your minds.

One of you is hung up on Winters credentials and the other has already come out and said you'd rather have Preki back....

And then talk shit about protests you attribute to getting rid of Preki.

You sure are giving Winter a fair shot.

Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correction.

You now have both talked about preferring Preki.

Hahaha