RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Monday,May,16

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHIT. THE. BED.

there I just saved every Journo in this city 1000's of words of wasted copy.

lol "Jounro" haha
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird... the SSG has one facial expression that never varies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    I was just gonna say. She needs to smile.
    But man her tits looks good.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yikes.

We all know that Frei is beyond loyal to this club, band I honestly don't think anyone will be surprised when he finally packs up and leaves. No one could blame him for that. He's been left hanging so many times that it's astounding that he hasn't left already. He's not just a great keeper, he's got the attitude we need to see from the rest of the squad.

In my opinion, Frei is the only person consistent enough (both on the field and in his general character) to wear our armband.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    yikes.

We all know that Frei is beyond loyal to this club, band I honestly don't think anyone will be surprised when he finally packs up and leaves. No one could blame him for that. He's been left hanging so many times that it's astounding that he hasn't left already. He's not just a great keeper, he's got the attitude we need to see from the rest of the squad.

In my opinion, Frei is the only person consistent enough (both on the field and in his general character) to wear our armband.
    Eventually, if there are no improvements at all (and there's nothing to really show that its coming) his agent is going to guide him away from our club, and to a more successful team...

He's a game changer in this league. On a team that is one-piece away from being a serious contender - eventually he'll want to move on a have some success and championships to enjoy...

Could you imagine if Frei was at the same level of play as the rest of our club? We wouldn't just be losing, we'd be getting hammered!

Carts...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frei's 'value' is going up while he's here.

Keepers have the longest shelf life on a team, and he gets plenty of chances to show his talents. (too many chances actually)

it would have been a bad move for his agent to move him into backup spot on a European team last year. He's getting lots of playtime, and lots of highlight plays. If he moved at the end of this season, it might also be into a starting keeper role. If he was moved last season, it might have been into a backup position, and that's no good for him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^We all know he's going to leave at some point, the question is when. I just hope he goes to Europe, and not another MLS club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called it the Facebook pose

Ever notice how someone will end up having the exact same facial expression in each of their chosen profile pictures? Must be their psychological "good side"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    ^We all know he's going to leave at some point, the question is when. I just hope he goes to Europe, and not another MLS club.
    yeah I'd def feel sad if we ever had to watch him stop our goals from getting in... I'll be a Frei fan till the end, if he is ever on the other side of the pitch he'll still get only applause from me, no douchbaggin him.

just hope the rest of the squad (not including Joao) picks up their game before it's too late..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict John Carver will be Frei's bridge into Europe. Don't know when or how, just have a feeling Carver will help him get there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    I was just gonna say. She needs to smile.
    But man her tits looks good.
    My suspicion is that she doesn't want to smile, for fear of revealing some terrifying 'summer' teeth.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I predict John Carver will be Frei's bridge into Europe. Don't know when or how, just have a feeling Carver will help him get there.

or maybe his Swiss passport?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only photographed from that one angle for some reason????

do the boobs make up for that eyebrow????

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    only photographed from that one angle for some reason????

do the boobs make up for that eyebrow????
    ALWAYS!!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one day, the boobs will sag, but bad eyebrows will always be ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ and get hairier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a latin american soap opera star for SSG? Win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Eventually, if there are no improvements at all (and there's nothing to really show that its coming) his agent is going to guide him away from our club, and to a more successful team...

He's a game changer in this league. On a team that is one-piece away from being a serious contender - eventually he'll want to move on a have some success and championships to enjoy...

Could you imagine if Frei was at the same level of play as the rest of our club? We wouldn't just be losing, we'd be getting hammered!

Carts...
    Don't we get hammered anyway?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Don't we get hammered anyway?
    I know there are a number of people dealing with this season that way.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a rocket of a body!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    or maybe his Swiss passport?
    I wouldn't mind 1 of those... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSG is smoking.. smile or no smile..

check this out guys our national club ranking .. fc edmonton has played how many games and yet TFC is a the bottom of the barrel.. Impact with the highest ranking of the Canadian clubs..

http://www.footballdatabase.com/nati...&Nation=Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love reading Frei pissed off about the collapse. Good on him for calling out his team.

Strangely though.....the writer of the article says that Frei wasn't at fault for either goal..which is kinda true.

It wasn't his fault on the first goal that Peterson conceded a foul on the edge of the box but...

..having been a keeper in a previous life I would say that Frei is at least somewhat at fault on the free kick.

The shot was nice but that shouldn't go in based on where Frei was standing.

I know it's hard to criticize the guy because he made so many other saves but the effort on the first goal looked weak imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I love reading Frei pissed off about the collapse. Good on him for calling out his team.

Strangely though.....the writer of the article says that Frei wasn't at fault for either goal..which is kinda true.

It wasn't his fault on the first goal that Peterson conceded a foul on the edge of the box but...

..having been a keeper in a previous life I would say that Frei is at least somewhat at fault on the free kick.

The shot was nice but that shouldn't go in based on where Frei was standing.

I know it's hard to criticize the guy because he made so many other saves but the effort on the first goal looked weak imo.
    I like Frei being pissed off too - and letting it be known...

But I don't think its fair to say the effort was weak...

Frei has time and again gone head first into traffic and stand tall on point blank efforts - he's not afraid to take a lump for the club or hurl himself into the air and come crashing down to make a save...

What happened was simple - he couldn't react fast enough to the free kick. It came over the wall (that's when he'd first have eyes on it) and was bar-and-in before he could react and move...

So many times his 'reaction saves' have bailed out this team - it just didn't happen on this one... And that was one hell of a nicely hit and placed free kick...

I was sitting behind the goal, and once the ball crested the wall, it was in the back of the net before I noticed really...

His 'ad-lib reaction' on the breakaway is a perfect reaction of his reaction saves saving our bacon. He challenged, made himself big, but when the ball was chipped was able to throw that arm up in a split second to keep the ball out of the net...

But anyway, I'm with you in that I'm glad he's calling people to task for dropping a 2-nil lead at home...

Carts...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frei has time and again gone head first into traffic and stand tall on point blank efforts - he's not afraid to take a lump for the club or hurl himself into the air and come crashing down to make a save...

What happened was simple - he couldn't react fast enough to the free kick. It came over the wall (that's when he'd first have eyes on it) and was bar-and-in before he could react and move...

So many times his 'reaction saves' have bailed out this team - it just didn't happen on this one... And that was one hell of a nicely hit and placed free kick...

I was sitting behind the goal, and once the ball crested the wall, it was in the back of the net before I noticed really...

His 'ad-lib reaction' on the breakaway is a perfect reaction of his reaction saves saving our bacon. He challenged, made himself big, but when the ball was chipped was able to throw that arm up in a split second to keep the ball out of the net...

But anyway, I'm with you in that I'm glad he's calling people to task for dropping a 2-nil lead at home...

Carts...
    i haven't seen a good replay of it to confirm this, but live, the wall looked completely half arsed, breaking apart, half jumping and half not. it was a good shot so may have gone in anyway, but the wall really didn't do it's job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    i haven't seen a good replay of it to confirm this, but live, the wall looked completely half arsed, breaking apart, half jumping and half not. it was a good shot so may have gone in anyway, but the wall really didn't do it's job.
    No you're bang on...

Tchani jumps (high), Santos does a small jump up (little height), Cann doesn't jump at all (just leans backwards), and De Guzman isn't even in the wall but does a sideway jump towards it (not sure what the hell that would do!)...

In a word, the wall, the setup, the execution was a complete MESS...

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carts...
    Yeah, maybe I mis-spoke. I didn't mean to imply that he didn't try. It was just such an unorganized play....and that's on him.

We can blame the wall all we'd like but the formation of the wall and getting the shit together is on the keeper.

Frei didn't look ready for it. It's one thing for you to blink and it's in.....it's another when it's the keeper.

Didn't mean to call out Frei..I just thought it interesting that nobody had mentioned this.

It was a clusterfuck.

A pretty good indicator that the keeper blames a weak wall for a goal would be Frei screaming at them for not doing their jobs. No such reaction.

He was caught flat footed and I bet if you asked him today, he'd say that being more prepared would have given him a better chance at stopping that ball. It was far from a perfect, unstoppable shot.

It was under the bar but not really near a corner. He was never set and it cost him.

In a word, the wall, the setup, the execution was a complete MESS...

Carts...
    Absolutely...and a lot of that falls at the feet of the keeper.

Ah well....

On to the next one.
    Last edited by v00d00daddy; 05-16-2011 at 05:12 PM.