Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mikey

Default is ANYONE going to the Pachuca game....?

SO many tickets being unloaded in the ticket exchange forum, is their going to be ANY TFC south end support at this game, or will it be like last years Benfica match with away supporters running round at the top of 112-118?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well there is really no interest in going to a friendly that in all honesty I hope we play our B squad in

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can not for the life of me understand why we would schedule a friendly mid-season. I would not pay 2 cents to go watch this game.

Warm-up games are supposed to be for the pre-season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pachuca is a quality squad and I'm looking forward to seeing them and maybe getting a look at Ibee. I've been to reserve games though. This one just cost a little more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are plenty of RPBs going. Myself included. It will be great fun to see a qualitity Mexican team face our boys. I enjoyed last years friendlies as well. But I would enjoy just watching our team practice - so I'm a wee bit obsesive.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going. I'm curious to see how we stack up against a possible C.Cup opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one Domin8r. Either you get it or ya don't eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be there...

Looking forward to seeing how we stack-up to these guys like Shaughno mentioned...

I also hope we see everybody on the pitch at some point (have both sides waive the sub limit) - try new formations and ideas out there...

I must say though, had this not been part of my Season Tickets, I wouldn't have been able to shell out the $120 a ticket printed as face value... Some of the people selling off their seats are looking to cash in on that I think (which in itself is a debate that has been had)...

Hopefully the people selling their tix aren't the same ones asking for more night games - because here's a Saturday night game waiting for them this week...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll be there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why people wouldn't want to see this game is beyond me. Maybe they just love the team and not the actual game? TFC vs Pachuca is huge. We get to see how we fair against better clubs, and how we can improve our squad. Mo can use this as leverage to increase players, etc. You guys are nuts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am going

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlemon69 View Post
    Why people wouldn't want to see this game is beyond me. Maybe they just love the team and not the actual game? TFC vs Pachuca is huge. We get to see how we fair against better clubs, and how we can improve our squad. Mo can use this as leverage to increase players, etc. You guys are nuts!
    I don't think friendlies are any kind of gauge on how you stack up. We drew against Benfica last year in a friendly and are you going to tell me we stack up evenly against Benfica?!

This is a joke of a game, it's a gimmick to line MLSE's pockets. Sorry to sound cynical. But it's just another chance for our players to get injured and distracted from what matters - The league and Canada cup.

Friendlies like this should be pre-season only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    I don't think friendlies are any kind of gauge on how you stack up. We drew against Benfica last year in a friendly and are you going to tell me we stack up evenly against Benfica?!

This is a joke of a game, it's a gimmick to line MLSE's pockets. Sorry to sound cynical. But it's just another chance for our players to get injured and distracted from what matters - The league and Canada cup.

Friendlies like this should be pre-season only.

I do agree they should be scheduled at a different time of the year, but I think this game has more weight than any friendly we've played so far. This is a team that we could very well face in the C.Cup down the road. Maybe not this year, but if we know how they play it's a lot easier to adapt to suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there, standing and singing my heart out in 117. I don't like the idea of a mid-season friendly, but I am very excited to see how we compare to one of the best clubs in the Americas, especially one with such history. I could care less who Carver puts out on that pitch. It will be a good game regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weeeeeeeeeeeee love you
    We love you
    We love you
    And where you go, we follow
    We follow
    We follow

Cuz we support Toronto
    Toronto
    Toronto
    And that's the way we like it
    We like it
    We like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFootyFanatic View Post
    I'll be there, standing and singing my heart out in 117.
    Atta Boy! I'll be doing the same...but at the top of 112.

I always like seeing how we stack up against intenational teams (eg outside the USL and MLS). Should be a good game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I do agree they should be scheduled at a different time of the year, but I think this game has more weight than any friendly we've played so far. This is a team that we could very well face in the C.Cup down the road. Maybe not this year, but if we know how they play it's a lot easier to adapt to suit.
    But the thing is... you're not going to know how they play from this friendly. You're not gonna learn squat. You think they're going to approach this game the same way they'd approach a CL game? They would be crazy if they did. This is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.

If Guevara or Dichio or Wynne heaven forbid get injured in this game, would any of you say it was worth it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm there.
    I'm amped up.
    Pachuca is a quality squad.
    I don't understand why people are so against this match.

Also, we as a group should want our squad to want to win at home vs. Any Team.
    This is OUR HOUSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up 2 tickets - $40 for the pair

face value says $70/ticket

nice deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, it's beyond me why people wouldn't want to go. I mean, you team is still playing, regardless of whether it's a friendly or not. Should we not support them?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there. Why wouldn't I go see a home game?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh... and Todd Dunivant called and personally invited me. Too bad he's out on an injury, but at least I know that a recorded copy of his voice cares about the little guys like me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tickets are included int he ST price so why wouldn't I go? I agree that friendlies should be pre-season, but the MLS season doesn't really help in that regard as most big leagues are in the important home stretch in March.
    I hope we play some of the kids so I can get to see how they do...we picked up too many injuries in similar circumstances last summer and they way we are playing cannot afford to do so again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    But the thing is... you're not going to know how they play from this friendly. You're not gonna learn squat. You think they're going to approach this game the same way they'd approach a CL game? They would be crazy if they did. This is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.

If Guevara or Dichio or Wynne heaven forbid get injured in this game, would any of you say it was worth it?
    You can still learn from playing the team in a friendly, to say you aren't going to learn anything at all is foolish. Sure it's not going to be the same team or tactics that you would see in a CL game, but there's still plenty to take out of it. How they distribute the ball, how they challenge, certain player's tendancies, etc.

I said it before the friendlies last year and I stick by it. I'd much rather have the friendlies at a less critical time of the season.

I'm not 100% when the Mexican league plays, but if it's typical FIFA schedule... you really think they will want to play in the middle of THEIR season? Remember, we're the underdogs, we asked them to come and to that effect we have little say on when they can and can't come.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Aston Villa game was one of the best games last year.......If TFC is at home, I will be there.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, due to work, can't make a lot of the sat afternoon games.. so being a night game, friendly or not, I am there.
    c'mon you Reds!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I'm going. I'm curious to see how we stack up against a possible C.Cup opponent.
    This is why I WANTD to go, but since my seat mate has given me so many tickets, and his work schedule permits him to go, I gave him the next 3 games worth.

BOTH friendlies. . and San Jose.

so. . there ya go, my quota for missed games has been fulfilled.

I will look to you Shaugno for a FULL match report !
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going
    but i gave away my tickets...and really the face value when i printed them was 16$...none of this 70$ bullshit...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I'm not going
    but i gave away my tickets...and really the face value when i printed them was 16$...none of this 70$ bullshit...
    People selling them for $70 on this site is robbery
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the face value of mine is $58 and I sit in some really prawny seats. $70 is bullshit.