Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I don't want to turn this into a basketball thread, but what good is 100% free throw shooting if the guy can't or refuses to drive? He also can't defend to save his life. Add Bargnani to both of those comments.

The Europeans on our team have been holding us back for years! All Calderon and Bargnani can do as a tandem is get you a lottery pick.
    Me neither so this is my last post regarding the Raps, but I disagree with your opinion of neither of them driving the basket, but we'll leave it at that.

Believe it or not, the Raps unit from 2009/2010 with Calderon Bargnani Turkoglu Bosh and DeRozan had the 6th best APM as a unit in the league that year. Take it for what you will.
    Last edited by Couchy81; 05-13-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are starting to get better at attracting players, but you know what attracts players? Winning. it' sa bit of a 'chicken or the egg' scenario. We need to do something with our basic building block (lol, which aptly describes so many of our players) in order to attract some real talent. I think with Stevanovic, Eckersly and Plata we may have something though.

If Martina can get his head back in the game i'll be thrilled to bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(from an audio tape of Peter's book)
    Betty White: Welcome to Peterotica on tape. I'm Betty White reading "The Hot Chick Who Was Italian or Maybe Some Kind of Spanish" by Peter Griffin. Chapter one - Oh god, you should have seen this one hot chick. She was totally Italian...or maybe some kind of Spanish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Don't kid yourself Toronto is an attractive city for Europeans due to being a very multi cultural city. They can go out speak their native language and not feel so out of place. Obviously most big name players want to go to New York or LA, but with the exception of those teams we are above any other city.
    I dont buy that at all. You make it sound like I could just get on the bus and ask the driver a question in cantonese.

Also, since Ive been in canada I've heard the phrase

"if you cant speak the language you shouldnt live in the fucking country"

more than once.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say Toronto has exactly the same positioning with European athletes that Frankfurt has with North American athletes.

This idea that Toronto has sort some of Euro-friendly, family-friendly identity in parts of Europe is just wishful thinking.

We have no identity.

If you asked Europeans with no connection to Toronto to say something about it, 95% would have nothing to say.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets get this straight:

WHO ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?

David Suazo's contract runs out with Inter on July 2011. Is he DP material??????????