RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice on Plata

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the league put that award on a silver Plata. . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed 1 & 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No "Super" goals this week but I voted for Santos if just for Plata's goal celebration.....he seems to be genuinely happy to be playing and that's the kind of kid I want on my team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last day to buy Canada vs Ecuador tickets in 112! After this the section opens up so get on it RPB and buy it up!

If you want to be in 112 follow link below!!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mind a little spam from me.

MLSsoccer.com: Predicting Canada's '11 Gold Cup roster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find interesting about the article on player salary, is that the average salary on the Colorado one of the lowest average salaries in the league included 10 players making more then 130,000. Toronto has 6 players making more then 130k we have 14 making more then 80 to 13 on Colorado.

RSL which has a lower salary value then us. has 12 players making more then 130k

Our average salary if you toss out JDG is only 90k.

What one can get from this, is getting a strong core team and keeping them together for a while will be more likely to build a winning team then buying expensive players.

New York has 14 players over 100k 9 of which are over 150k and 5 of those over 200k. (if you remove the two DPs and DeRo average club salary for the remaining 27 players is only averaged at 100k)

The top teams in the league of a large number of skilled players, TFC is using large parts of it's cap to pay players on other teams. I feel bad for winter, and have a much better understanding of the issues. TFC is near last with one of the lowest paid rosters.

Chicago one of the highest "average salaries" like TFC has 16 players making 80k or more, but only 8 making more then 130k+ (average w/o DP 89k)

Thus TFC needs to use this year to help build that core group of 130k plus starters. and a good core with a salary range of about 115-140 without a DP and about 200+ with a DP.
    Last edited by Kaz; 05-10-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few quotes from De Guz and Frei on keeping momentum after Houston and what needs to happen in Dallas.

FINDING CONSISTENCY KEY FOR TFC

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    What I find interesting about the article on player salary, is that the average salary on the Colorado one of the lowest average salaries in the league included 10 players making more then 130,000. Toronto has 6 players making more then 130k we have 14 making more then 80 to 13 on Colorado.

RSL which has a lower salary value then us. has 12 players making more then 130k

What one can get from this, is getting a strong core team and keeping them together for a while will be more likely to build a winning team then buying expensive players.

New York has 14 players over 100k 9 of which are over 150k and 5 of those over 200k. (if you remove the two DPs and DeRo average club salary for the remaining 27 players is only averaged at 100k)

The top teams in the league of a large number of skilled players, TFC is using large parts of it's cap to pay players on other teams. I feel bad for winter, and have a much better understanding of the issues. TFC is near last with one of the lowest paid rosters.

Chicago one of the highest "average salaries" like TFC has 16 players making 80k or more, but only 8 making more then 130k+ (average w/o DP 89k)

Thus TFC needs to use this year to help build that core group of 130k plus starters. and a good core with a salary range of about 115-140 without a DP and about 200+ with a DP.
    I agree with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    the league put that award on a silver Plata. . .
    I see what you did there.

La plata = silver
    Silver plata...har har.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Day for Ticket sales in 112 for the Ecuador match. Get your tickets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post

Good observation!