Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Bring your flags early...

I followed the rules this week and brought my flag to Gate 3, an hour or so before the gates opened. The gameday staff were there, and very pleasantly took my flag, and headed towards 112. About 90 mins later when I reached my seat, the flag was there, but it wasn't in the condition that I left it.

Some type of gum/spit right in the middle.

No clue how it got there, and all I could do at the time was wipe it off with a napkin, was still a mark on the nylon that I will try to rub out.

Countless people from many different aspects of stadium operations are in the stadium, and I don't want to pin it on the TFC gameday staff, as they seem decent enough and doubt they had anything to do with it.

That's the danger with introducing illogical rules. Am I really going to be encouraged to bring my flag the next game, or any flag in the future if its just going to be spit on? Any other time I brought my flag, I was in complete control and never had anything befall my flag, and if it ever did it was my responsibility.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

point me in the direction of the bastard who spit on that flag....

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im cutting and pasting this original post and sending an email to FO

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why it is important we push back IMO. But we aren't here to rebel against authority.

What happens when peoples things go missing entirely? It WILL happen, just like this will happen again to someone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is unreal. But leads me to a question:

The flags that are being handed out as part of the RPB membership package on the 28th. Are they big enough that we will have a problem at the gate or should we all show up early enough that we can walk over and 'check' them at the door? And what about the march this weekend? Flagless?

I hope this policy is dropped as a result of that insult shown above.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The flag policy has been implemented to keep flags out of the stadium.

The FO wants to sanitize the game day experience. Its part of the ACC-ification of BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    The flag policy has been implemented to keep flags out of the stadium.

The FO wants to sanitize the game day experience. Its part of the ACC-ification of BMO Field.
    Because that's really rational. The only thing that keeps most casuals coming to the game is the atmosphere put on by the supporters. God knows they don't show up for the winning football club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is messed up,

it sounds to me like you think it was purposly done, thats fucked.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This situation is a bit discouraging. Its being looked into.
    Last edited by Phil; 05-09-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if it'd be a good idea to take the names (or employee #'s) of the staff that you hand your flags/banners to.

Traceability.

If something goes missing or gets damaged we'd at least have a name to start with, and I think if they were giving us their names they might treat the material a little better.
    Last edited by Shep; 05-09-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give the benefit of the doubt to the gameday staff that it wasnt there doing. I saw the guy walk off with the flag, and I think its safe to assume he put the flag in 112 and returned to the gate. It's the 90 mins of unsupervised time that is the real problem. Something that never existed before, and shouldn't exist now.

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    point me in the direction of the bastard who spit on that flag....
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    that is messed up,

it sounds to me like you think it was purposly done, thats fucked.
    I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I guess you never know.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say we give FO a break and leave al flags and drums at home for one day, make their lives easier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it spit on the flag...?

Pics can always look different, because that pretty "white" spit...

I got gunk like that on my jeans once at BMO, it was like a cocking, filler, lubricant on one of the metal connectors on the railings...

I brushed by and had almost the exact same looking mess on the side of my leg (jeans), went 'ah f*ck' (because I lost some beer when I brushed the railing) looked down and it was gunk off the joint in the metal that I bumped into...

Looked exactly the same... But like I said, pics can make things look very different - you saw it personally...

Carts...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    I say we give FO a break and leave al flags and drums at home for one day, make their lives easier
    To me this seems like the logical course of action. If it needs to be checked we don't bring it.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i had en email conversation with Cesar.
    Beginning this weekend someone from security will be assigned and on the hook of taking care of our things until we arrive.

As i said earlier, things are still being worked out. We have a few options in the works to make things easy. If things dont improve we will for sure need to think about things but at the end of the day we are a supporters group, not an angry protest group.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that not bird shit? that's what it looks like to me, though obviously I've only got a photo to go by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Beginning this weekend someone from security will be assigned and on the hook of taking care of our things until we arrive.
    Seriously?

How about the stupid rule about bringing flags 1:45 before kickoff be dropped entirely? Flags are not the gateway drug to flare/smoke usage, FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post

As i said earlier, things are still being worked out. We have a few options in the works to make things easy. If things dont improve we will for sure need to think about things but at the end of the day we are a supporters group, not an angry protest group.
    it'd be nice if we could have a place at BMO just to leave a few things after each game...like a little storage locker; might make their lives easier without having a bunch of guys coming at different times before gates open to drop things off and then needing to have a security person babysit it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    it'd be nice if we could have a place at BMO just to leave a few things after each game...like a little storage locker; might make their lives easier without having a bunch of guys coming at different times before gates open to drop things off and then needing to have a security person babysit it
    I think they use to do this, and then stuff started going missing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Seriously?

How about the stupid rule about bringing flags 1:45 before kickoff be dropped entirely? Flags are not the gateway drug to flare/smoke usage, FFS.

Just say NO to flags

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    in year 2 we had all of our banners go missing so we stopped.
    Thats why we use storage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    is that not bird shit? that's what it looks like to me, though obviously I've only got a photo to go by.
    If it is, some people will be screaming for 'Bitchy' to get fired - not scaring away the seagulls early enough!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    If it is, some people will be screaming for 'Bitchy' to get fired - not scaring away the seagulls early enough!
    No but if we have to bring our flags early and check them, the responsibility is theirs to make sure when we receive them they are in the same condition that they were when we checked them in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about someone that brings a flag on there own??

say i sit in section 119 who is watching my flag??

i aplaude the effort but dont realy see how 1 person can watch flags and banners spread around 11 sections in the stadium.

a check in outside- check out inside system would work better

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Yes it would, but reversing the rule would eliminate the problems all together. So lets not help them improve their process.
    Last edited by s2cazz; 05-10-2011 at 10:38 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I tried a different tack last week and entrusted my flag with DavydMT after the Academy game at Lamport who assured me it would be available at the 112 Capo stand for the Houston game (there is no way I can personally comply with the new early check in rule..absolutely bogus in my mind).
    We were a little late getting to BMO (I was reffing my daughter's game), and when I couldn't see it by the stand, I naturally was concerned. Shortly after the anthems, I saw it being waved by someone in 112. A big thanks to Parky, who heard my shout, and it was duly passed over.
    I realize not everyone sees this issue as a major concern, but I really enjoy waving the colours, and I truly hope some alternate measures can be instituted to accomodate us.
    "Supporting the T.F.C from Bronte"
    Section 111 Row 12 Seat 13

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also don't see what the substance on the flag is has anything to do with the discussion.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s2cazz View Post
    No but if we have to bring our flags early and check them, the responsibility is theirs to make sure when we receive them they are in the same condition that they were when we checked them in.
    LOL... Jesus, I was just kind of joking around dude...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a pic??

am i missing something???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post

a check in outside- check out inside system would work better
    That is a terrible idea! It would just lengthen your personal game day headache. So now you have to invest all this time coming down early to check in a flag or drum that you will use support to your team, to create an atmosphere that FO will pimp out to the public, just to spend more time, once inside, trying to check out those very same items not 45 minutes later! SCREW THAT!