Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

morning d
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed girls 1 & 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol VCWC. . .

anyone else kind of irked that they have such a great TV deal / coverage.

whileus here in TO have no CHOICE but to pay for GOLTV?

like, even a home game, at BMO is nto on regular TV.
    Paul Bern. . . we have to get back with a majour network!

(Although I personally think GOL is a great deal)
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    lol VCWC. . .

CBC wanted to broadcast some TFC games. But TFC decided it was better to put all the non TSN games on Gol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    lol VCWC. . .

Yeah it would have been nice to not have to watch so many of our games in SD too. The least they can do for us paying for the bloody channel is give an HD feed. At least it will be something. Paying for a SD feed kinda sucks these days.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Yeah it would have been nice to not have to watch so many of our games in SD too. The least they can do for us paying for the bloody channel is give an HD feed. At least it will be something. Paying for a SD feed kinda sucks these days.
    So I guess the Gol TV HD issue hasn't been solved yet.

Looks like the carriers aren't budging.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    So I guess the Gol TV HD issue hasn't been solved yet.

Looks like the carriers aren't budging.
    Yeah I saw that thing that came out about Gol TV HD but it was like an announcement that they are working on it which is a useless announcement to me. It had a link to the different channels to tune in for the HD feed but I am on Rogers Digital which is still 428 which is still SD. The announcement was more of a teaser to me and pissed me off a bit that nothing changed.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogers Sportsnet initially wanted to pick up the TFC games that weren't available on TSN.
    MLSE preferred to broadcast all the remaining regular season TFC games on GolTV.
    Unlike past seasons, GolTV TFC broadcasts are no longer simulcasted in HD on Rogers.

I see a pattern here...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Bell or Cogeco carrying the HD channel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bell has the channel listed in the guide ch.1412 but it never broadcasts

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Rogers Sportsnet initially wanted to pick up the TFC games that weren't available on TSN.
    MLSE preferred to broadcast all the remaining regular season TFC games on GolTV.
    Unlike past seasons, GolTV TFC broadcasts are no longer simulcasted in HD on Rogers.

I see a pattern here...

I must be missing something here. Despite my lack of confidence in TFC/MLSE, I would still assume money trumps all. What exactly is the reason for why TFC is choosing to show the games on GolTV rather than a major sports network (or even CBC!)?
    Last edited by Roogsy; 05-09-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I must be missing something here. Despite my lack of confidence in TFC/MLSE, I would still assume money trumps all. What exactly is the reason for why TFC is choosing to show the games on GolTV rather than a major sports network (or even CBC!)?
    Marketing genius Paul Beirne must think having 21 TFC games on Gol TV will increase subscriptions of that channel so much that it will make up for the lost exposure?

I think its a stupid move, but I think that's what they are thinking at TFC FO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short-sighted marketing ploy i'd imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marketing genius Paul Beirne must think having 21 TFC games on Gol TV will increase subscriptions of that channel so much that it will make up for the lost exposure?

I think its a stupid move, but I think that's what they are thinking at TFC FO.
    "Tune in to GolTv for all your LaLiga action!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've worked in the Sports Media (TV Side) for 15-years now at TSN...

In my professional opinion, it was FAR TOO EARLY in TFC's existence to funnel this many games to a small digital specialty channel...

Getting on TSN was a big boost for them, for the market reach, and the cross promotion benefits - but staying off SportsNet and/or CBC was a mistake, a business mistake in my opinion...

SportsNet has always covered TFC well. Using their Soccer Central show around EPL & CL games to cross promote TFC matches, features and interviews...

CBC not so much, as they aren't an 'all sports' channel...

Personally, and professionally, I think TFC still need to be "easily seen" (popular channel, available in most homes with a cable package, and cross promotion on Sports highlight shows [SportsCentre & Connected]) to grow the brand and following, before being on a lower reach channel like GOL...

This is just my opinion - but I'd like to think I know something about the industry LOL

Carts...
    Last edited by Carts; 05-09-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I think MLSE should have allowed Sportsnet and/or CBC to pick up some remaining games to increase exposure for the club at both regional and national levels.

In that scenario, I would still subscribe to GolTV even if they only broadcasted a few TFC games a year because of the tremendous coverage of MLS, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc. at a very reasonable cost.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I've worked in the Sports Media (TV Side) for 15-years now at TSN...

In my professional opinion, it was FAR TOO EARLY in TFC's existence to funnel this many games to a small digital specialty channel...

Getting on TSN was a big boost for them, for the market reach, and the cross promotion benefits - but staying off SportsNet and/or CBC was a mistake, a business mistake in my opinion...

SportsNet has always covered TFC well. Using their Soccer Central show around EPL & CL games to cross promote TFC matches, features and interviews...

CBC not so much, as they aren't an 'all sports' channel...

Personally, and professionally, I think TFC still need to be "easily seen" (popular channel, available in most homes with a cable package, and cross promotion on Sports highlight shows [SportsCentre & Connected]) to grow the brand and following, before being on a lower reach channel like GOL...

This is just my opinion - but I'd like to think I know something about the industry LOL

Carts...

This is what I assumed as well, which is what would have made staying on another major network a given. But since they didn't do it, I assumed I was missing something because of my lack of knowledge of the broadcasting industry. But if it boils down to what menefreghista and MG42 say it is, then it was boneheaded, plain and simple. Not to beat a dead horse, but it's decisions like these that make me wonder if the success TFC has had to date was not just pure dumb luck for these guys. They are succeeding despite themselves.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's decisions like these that make me wonder if the success TFC has had to date was not just pure dumb luck for these guys. They are succeeding despite themselves.
    I don't think this is even debatable any more.

TFC FO were more lucky than smart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

I see a pattern here...
    Don't forget CBC wanted to pick up TFC games as well.

BTW, I am surprised TheScore haven't made an effort to pick up Toronto and/or Vancouver games at all. What's going on with them? Since TSN2 and Sportsnet One, they have lost a lot of basketball and soccer (EPL) games/coverage. Hopefully they can bounce back someday (sorry for the rant btw )
    Last edited by TFC07; 05-09-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I'm defending any of the (long series of) bone-headed business decisions that our FO have made, but its possible that the TSN offer was too good to pass up on but was contingent on them not signing with (TSN competitor) Sportsnet. That doesn't explain why they aren't on CBC - who IMO had the best broadcast - but maybe with TSN's money they figured they could afford to take a risk by putting the other games on GolTV...apparently not being able to predict that Roger's wouldn't be happy about that and screw their plans for HD broadcasts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this is even debatable any more.

TFC FO were more lucky than smart.
    If there's a TFC fan alive that doesn't believe this, they need to get their head examined. TFC have been a success despite our front office, not because of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the fact the CBC and Sportsnet would not broadcast TFC games live because of hockey playoffs or Blue Jays games. There were a few TFC games last year that Sportsnet broadcast on their western channels while showing the Jays game on the Ontario channel. Let's not forget how Sportnet was hyping Canada vs Greece only at the last minute to say it will be on Sportssnet One. CBC has also bumped TFC games during NHL playoffs and used their BOLD channel to broadcast the game. So I don't blame the FO for broadcasting the remaining games on GOL TV just for the reason that those networks would do the same.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    but its possible that the TSN offer was too good to pass up on but was contingent on them not signing with (TSN competitor) Sportsnet.
    This can't really be the case though, considering that Sportnset shows Whitecap games.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joao Plata...interview...
    http://www.extra.ec/ediciones/2011/0...undial-sub-20/
    Googlish*
    Spanish to English translation

EXCLUSIVE! Ecuador dreams of defending the U-20 Colombia
    Silver shines in the MLS and dreams of the Under 20!
    Toronto's shirt F.C. was sent a great match against the Houston Dynamo with a goal and a taco that shocked the stadium.

There were 20,259 fans who paid admission to see the Toronto FC the MLS (Major League Soccer), U.S. and Canada, where the Ecuadorian Joao Plata Cotera was sent the best game and even made a penalty kick against Houston Dynamo at BMO Field in Canada, which was packed.

The former player of 19 years, Liga de Quito, and was born at the Academy Alfaro Moreno, had a great meeting.

In the end the applause was for him, and even international agencies have devoted several photos released to the world.

It was the best player in the game, the emotion of everything that has happened Plata us from Toronto and even shows us the dream is to play in the World U-20 Colombia from July.

Appearing as the Man of the match and the figure of Toronto?

I am very happy to have scored, but more important is that the team took all three points.

Who did you dedicate the goal?

I thank my God always nice to keep me alive, my family also knows about me. And this special time was the coach Mohamed Aron Winter for giving me the opportunity and all those people who is watching us.

Is the U.S. press and Canada said that you stood in front of the ball as calm and scores the penalty too quiet?

Yes, quite calm and responsibility knowing that I had to make and I did, it was most important.

"First goal and certainly have more confidence now what's next?

A lot, but always know that I have to settle and relax, I work a lot more because it is a very difficult championship and I have to be ready for anything.

Have you adapted to the MLS and how are the English classes?

Little by little I do, from the beginning knew that it was difficult, as nobody gives you anything. And in English classes going well, when I knew nothing, now at least I argue with something that important.

When you come to Toronto for what you asked for what number you were going to play?

A good question ... I've always liked playing with low numbers and I would use a high, but that does not matter, because it does not make the player.

Who do you live in Toronto?

For now only, but in a month and a half my mom comes to visit.

"The goal was also a good gift for your mom or what you sent?

It was just for her and on Thursday will send your gift. She is the best mother in the world, I love you Patrick Cote and all my family: my dad Galo Plata and my five brothers: Joseph, Joe, Joel, Johanna and Joeli.

What do you say the Ecuadorians that continue to Toronto?

Who want the best for you, there are many fans here in Toronto and that makes me happy because I'm not the only one in Ecuador.

Apart from football what else you do in Toronto, a hobby?

For now only to my training and English classes.

What did they tell and coach the leaders after playing the best game and goal?

There were many people congratulating me, but I know that victory only lasts one day and the other is to keep working.

What is the difference in training between Liga de Quito and Toronto?

Not so much because the two are almost similar, except that here is a little stricter.

How to make a block for a pass and the stadium erupts with cheers for you, more than 20,000 fans were red?

Yes, many people, you feel a strong desire to play and to score my first goal I felt more emotion and knowing that Toronto is one of the most loyal swollen MLS. Seeing her is impressive.

Are you 19 years and maybe you've dreamed of defending Ecuador in the U 20 in Colombia?

Of course, that's what I want and would be a joy to be there for the moment all I do is work to see if there is a chance and get to that World Cup is my dream.

Do you expect the phone rings and you say that you called?

Ja ... ja ... well I admit that's true, but if I called you my best wishes to the team of my country and if I have to defend the jersey of Ecuador would responsibly. The best thing that can happen to a player is to stand up for your selection.

What God continue to bless you and the goals will come and that the Ecuadorian Plata in the MLS will continue to shine?

Thank you very much to EXTRA. Greetings from here to the people of Ecuador, blessings for all.
    Last edited by markus; 05-09-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

nicely done.

that drum gets some serious love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

very nice.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markus View Post
    Toronto's shirt F.C. was sent a great match against the Houston Dynamo with a goal and a taco that shocked the stadium.
    Can't believe I missed the taco...