Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2011 Salaries

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Um yeah....Thrillos has been calling stuff spot on for some time now. He has never claimed to know everything about the organization, but the info he has brought has been pretty solid. So your doubting him only comes across as insisting on taking the MLSE side because you want to not because there is any reason to doubt Thrillos. It's no wonder people have stopped feeding info to this board, even the guys with the most solid reps catch grief from people who know little about what is going on.
    I really hope these insiders don't stop posting here. Its one of the main reasons I joined the forum.

Besides the media covering TFC sucks so bad that if wasn't for places like this we would have no idea what was really going on at the club. We would just get more PR level fluff pieces.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Isn't Paul a de-facto exec with the team? Doesn't he essentially run the business side of TFC?

I think in that case he would be the guy calling the shots on any business decisions, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Isn't Paul a de-facto exec with the team? Doesn't he essentially run the business side of TFC?

I think in that case he would be the guy calling the shots on any business decisions, no?
    Yes, he is the head of business operations, so it literally is his call on any money matters with the team.

Although up until Winter and Mariner came in, he liked to get involved with the football side far too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post

yeah pretty much.

// Paul Beirne - Senior Director - Business Operations
    Seeing how he is the senior director of BO he is at least part of the "senior leadership team" that BFin so rudely speaks of.

Actually if you have ever worked in a large corporation before you would know that the objectives are trickled down from the senior leadership teams. After these objectives are set tactics are created to meet these objectives.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    Yes, he is the head of business operations, so it literally is his call on any money matters with the team.

Although up until Winter and Mariner came in, he liked to get involved with the football side far too much.

No, no, he's just the team receptionist. He passes on messages from up top on MLSE's ivory tower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    No, no, he's just the team receptionist. He passes on messages from up top on MLSE's ivory tower.
    hahaha now it all makes sense....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Pricing belongs to Anselmi. Beirne works for Anselmi. Not much point focusing on it beyond that. I doubt there's a "board" for TFC anyway - it's a small subsidiary. Anselmi probably has to check with the CEO on certain decisions, pricing is probably one. I never believed Anselmi when he said he needed "board approval" on the JDG signing, that was ridiculous, for MLSE corporate the signing of a $5 million player contract isn't material.

If Anselmi and Beirne weren't there, I believe whoever was there, would have come to similar decisions as they did. It's pretty similar to what happened with Marlies pricing. The problem is way bigger than any individual.
    This. Bang on.
    I would like to clarify on my earlier post about the board making the rules. They may not have been explicit on the pricing scheme, but they have created a culture on minimum returns and expectations. It's up to the minions (and Paul is one of them) to carry it out. Paul may be the arhictect of the exact pricing, but he knows who is looking over his shoulder to make sure it fits within the grand scheme MLSE has. So he realy doesn't have much control. And seriously, last year whem Anselmi was talking about bringing ticket prices in line with other sports entertainment in the city, it was clear its an MLSE, not TFC opperendi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    This. Bang on.
    I would like to clarify on my earlier post about the board making the rules. They may not have been explicit on the pricing scheme, but they have created a culture on minimum returns and expectations. It's up to the minions (and Paul is one of them) to carry it out. Paul may be the arhictect of the exact pricing, but he knows who is looking over his shoulder to make sure it fits within the grand scheme MLSE has. So he realy doesn't have much control. And seriously, last year whem Anselmi was talking about bringing ticket prices in line with other sports entertainment in the city, it was clear its an MLSE, not TFC opperendi.

This certainly seems to be the management style, not giving explicit enough direction so employees are constantly trying to please their bosses but are always a little unsure. It's not unique to MLSE, of course.