blood in the streets

watch this disgusting, inhumane video and pray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xSDI9Gg63I

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I can assure you this isn't the case at BMO Field. The sizes are noticeably different.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... that ain't right!
    There's gotta be a legal issue there, no?

Time to test the beers at BMO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Well I can assure you this isn't the case at BMO Field. The sizes are noticeably different.

Smoke and mirrors my friend, smoke and mirrors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it'll be easy enough to check tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now Paul Beirne is running over to BMO with a new supply correctly sized beer cups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all about cup size.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Common stadium practice in the US.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow thats crazy!!! also those beer prices in the american places are awesome! whats our large? $13 or $14? and the canadian dollar is better now too. Ugh stupid MLSE

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now, someone at MLSE is getting reamed out in the office for NOT thinking about this first and implementing it.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    They keep screwing fans and more and more and fans start to spend less. Then someone figures their revenue/margins are down so they get a great idea of selling less volume at the higher price. Fans get pissed and spend less ... and on it goes. Same thing goes on in every business. Short-sighted decisions by a mid level manager.

However, I should be sending a thank-you letter to MLSE. They are saving me a bundle now that I spend so much less at BMO. Good job guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Common stadium practice in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    ^^
    They keep screwing fans and more and more and fans start to spend less. Then someone figures their revenue/margins are down so they get a great idea of selling less volume at the higher price. Fans get pissed and spend less ... and on it goes. Same thing goes on in every business. Short-sighted decisions by a mid level manager.

However, I should be sending a thank-you letter to MLSE. They are saving me a bundle now that I spend so much less at BMO. Good job guys!
    Honestly, whether people like it or not, they've done a pretty good job at making money over the years. Even if they lost you as a customer, that's in no way a reflection of their overall strategy. Pricing is a complex operation, and even at times counter-intuitive, but they have a pretty good idea of how to do these things by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven’t bought a beer at BMO since season one. I refuse to feed their greed by purchasing a beer chilled so cold that most can’t even notice how shit it tastes and then be hosed 10-14 bucks or whatever the fuck it is now. It's criminal.

Carlsberg … probably the worlds most awful beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    I haven’t bought a beer at BMO since season one. I refuse to feed their greed by purchasing a beer chilled so cold that most can’t even notice how shit it tastes and then be hosed 10-14 bucks or whatever the fuck it is now. It's criminal.

Carlsberg … probably the worlds most awful beer.
    That's why I limit myself to 2 Tetley's, a beer you can taste and trust, yes the price is a little steep, but being the beer whore that I am. I just can't not have a beer at a match. One must remember there are places in the world where you cannot have a beer in the stands at a match (England, Scotland) and you can't even stand up in the stands unless a goal is scored or going to the toilet or at half time. Yes, Yes I know the whole MLSE greed argument, but I guess I am one of the so called naive ones, not. see you at the match, and I will enjoy my Tetley's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pint of bitta lad!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Apples and oranges my friend, apples and oranges.

fixed your post
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Honestly, whether people like it or not, they've done a pretty good job at making money over the years. Even if they lost you as a customer, that's in no way a reflection of their overall strategy. Pricing is a complex operation, and even at times counter-intuitive, but they have a pretty good idea of how to do these things by now.
    I disagree completely. They are fucking idiots. Its the same thing with the season ticket prices.

Continually push the boundaries of how high you can charge for something and then when the bubble bursts wonder what the fuck went wrong.

That's not marketing genius. That's greed. Its starting to bite them in the ass now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I disagree completely. They are fucking idiots. Its the same thing with the season ticket prices.

Continually push the boundaries of how high you can charge for something and then when the bubble bursts wonder what the fuck went wrong.

That's not marketing genius. That's greed. Its starting to bite them in the ass now.
    I agree with menefreghista. MLSE are closer to dumb than genius. They get waay to much credit for their business accumen. It's pure greed that drives nothing more. They screwed up the Marlies business years ago with over the top pricing and have never even come close to recovering. The Roadrunners in 2004 were getting more people in the coliseum than the Marlies. MLSE thought they could bank on the minor Leaf team with its association to the Leafs and its history and players. They jacked prices because of it, beer prices went higher and concessions. The whole thing blew up and exposed them that their business planning seriously is a shortfall.
    If they made the same money in Columbus as they do here then I would shake their hand. There are economic conditions in this city that favour their sports properties that MLSE has no part in playing that lends itself to them making money - not some business plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just unethical... typical marketing practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scam works so well that they limit the number of beers sold at baseball stadiums, regardless of size.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, any guesses on how many people are going to try this at BMO tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Americans complaint about "big government" and regulations hurting business and this is what they get. Do all the tests you want at BMO but you'll find that the same jerks who shut down beers sales in 2009 for a game protect you from this kind of scam.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't buy beer at BMO. I haven't for over a year and it's working well. When I get a fucking pint, it's a fucking pint, like the ones I'll be drinking tonight. Not at BMO.

Pretty simple, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont think that could ever happen in Ontario. I think its against the Liquor By-Laws to charge the same price for a small and large.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Don't buy beer at BMO. I haven't for over a year and it's working well. When I get a fucking pint, it's a fucking pint, like the ones I'll be drinking tonight. Not at BMO.

Pretty simple, no?
    In theory it is. You're preaching to the choir with me on this one. I haven't bought so much as a soda or hotdog at BMO Field in three years or so. The only way the club will change it's attitude and policies is to stop encouraging them.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody compare the footlongs!!!!

Awesome. I think supermarkets are doing the same, the large size stuff per unit of measure is more expensive than the small. That one goes on the column if you're stupid enough you don't deserve to keep your money. But the beer cups are clearly ripping people off. Wow.