Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Monday,Apr.25

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed girls 1 & 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bullshit second yellow.

blood is red piss is yellow.

have a great week RPBs
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Funeral crashing?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fuelled by the return of Alan Gordon and the creativeness of Julian De Guzman, TFC played its best brand of soccer since Aron Winter took charge at
    the start of the season.
    Crap. I knew I went to the wrong BMO Field. I must've gone to the one in the other universe... (stupid cortexofan).
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Crap. I knew I went to the wrong BMO Field. I must've gone to the one in the other universe... (stupid cortexofan).

You, sir, are amazing.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact of the day, from the Sun story. We should post this everywhere we can to make sure Garber takes notice.

"MLS referees have issued 22 red cards through 55 games this season meaning ejections are occurring in 40% of league matches so far. In comparison, only 17% of English Premier League games have featured red cards and the statistics are similar for international tournaments."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel so fortunate to be constantly subjected to MLS and CONCACAF officiating...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-25-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Fact of the day, from the Sun story. We should post this everywhere we can to make sure Garber takes notice.

"MLS referees have issued 22 red cards through 55 games this season meaning ejections are occurring in 40% of league matches so far. In comparison, only 17% of English Premier League games have featured red cards and the statistics are similar for international tournaments."
    I have 2 comments about this:

First, "Fact....Sun story"...ummm yeaaah.

Second, I think its a real stretch to comment on the quality of the calls compared to that of the EPL when the quality of play is, not in all honesty, comparable. I realize the refs don't seem to be up to standard but it must be harder for them as well. (NOT DEFENDING THEM ON BS CALLS!) But there is a reason the MLS is a physical game. I think the players in this league in general make up for lacking quality with physical play and attempted athleticism. Extreme effort in the areas of physical play and athleticism in a game that requires quality will result in more calls.

Bones...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why the ref is getting shit on, the first yellow was a joke but the second is a well known FIFA directive and the fact that some refs before were useless and didn't follow the rules before is no reason to shit on this ref for actually doing so. I'm not defending his inconsistencies for the whole game but I can't fault him on that call

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the Bolton - Arsenal game on the weekend a player scored and removed his jersey. Underneath it, he had a t-shirt with a picture of his father on it, who had passed away earlier this year. It was his own tribute to his dad.

Nice sentiment. The player got a yellow.

2 of our 3 red cards came from players who made some curious choices when already on a yellow (walking off after being warned and celebrating in the crowd). Hard to go ape shite on the Ref in this case.
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-25-2011 at 09:04 AM.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I have 2 comments about this:

First, "Fact....Sun story"...ummm yeaaah.

Second, I think its a real stretch to comment on the quality of the calls compared to that of the EPL when the quality of play is, not in all honesty, comparable. I realize the refs don't seem to be up to standard but it must be harder for them as well. (NOT DEFENDING THEM ON BS CALLS!) But there is a reason the MLS is a physical game. I think the players in this league in general make up for lacking quality with physical play and attempted athleticism. Extreme effort in the areas of physical play and athleticism in a game that requires quality will result in more calls.

Bones...
    Yes, more calls. But 22 red cards? Ummmm yeaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    In the Bolton - Arsenal game on the weekend a player scored and removed his jersey. Underneath it, he had a t-shirt with a picture of his father on it, who had passed away earlier this year. It was his own tribute to his dad.

Nice sentiment. The player got a yellow.

2 of our 3 red cards came from players who made some curious choices when already on a yellow (walking off after being warned and celebrating in the crowd). Hard to go ape shite on the Ref in this case.
    Oh, no question that jumping the boards is a card. Clearly says so in the Laws. But even if you strip those cards out, we're still cruising way ahead of the EPL. I should really start counting every time a red is issued and a replay shows clearly that there is no justification for it, but the ref has his back conveniently turned to the jumbotron.

You can't honestly argue that the officiating in this league is good quality, regardless of the players' ability or the directness and physical nature of the MLS.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ the number of red cards could be a function of the quality of officiating.

Or it could be a function of the physical and sometimes undisciplined play that characterizes the MLS.

Or both... which is probably the closest to the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the MLS commissioner himself calls the integrity of league officiating into question on national television, it's safe to assume there is a legitimate issue.

Personally, I hope Don Garber pursues his desired intention to lobby for MLS hiring it's own officials as opposed to relying exclusively on the U.S. soccer federation and the CSA.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-25-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    When the MLS commissioner himself calls the integrity of league officiating into question on national television, it's safe to assume there is a legitimate issue.

Personally, I hope Don Garber pursues his desired intention to lobby for MLS hiring it's own officials as opposed to relying exclusively on the U.S. soccer federation and the CSA.
    So does anyone know why it isi that the USSF and CSA are the ref providers for MLS? I'm assuming it's a FIFA edict, but does anyone have the full back story on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ^ the number of red cards could be a function of the quality of officiating.

Or it could be a function of the physical and sometimes undisciplined play that characterizes the MLS.

Or both... which is probably the closest to the truth.
    Obviously we can never know for sure if this is the actual reason, but there do seem to be more 'horrific' injuries -- and by that I mean snapped legs and such -- in MLS than elsewhere.

I can think of three in the last two years just off the top of my head, Zakuani being the latest. It could well be that MLS players are much more undisciplined than elsewhere, which could lead to more red cards.

But Tchani's on the weekend was a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Not sure why the ref is getting shit on, the first yellow was a joke but the second is a well known FIFA directive and the fact that some refs before were useless and didn't follow the rules before is no reason to shit on this ref for actually doing so. I'm not defending his inconsistencies for the whole game but I can't fault him on that call
    not every foul or offense HAS to be called by the book ... it may have been a cardable offence, but in all honesty it didn't need to be carded ... celebrating a goal is a harmless foul, and the ref could have used some common sense instead of playing by the book ... he could have warned tchaini instead of sending him off ... that, in my mind, is why the ref is getting shit on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    not every foul or offense HAS to be called by the book ... it may have been a cardable offence, but in all honesty it didn't need to be carded ... celebrating a goal is a harmless foul, and the ref could have used some common sense instead of playing by the book ... he could have warned tchaini instead of sending him off ... that, in my mind, is why the ref is getting shit on
    If it gets noticed by the supervisors he's the one that will end up getting downgraded, spoken to etc. We complain when they don't apply the rules to the letter (such as that c*&t Davies taunting us). I wish they could go celebrate with the fans as long as it doesn't cause a stampede but septic bladder has decreed otherwise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    Well when your decisions are broadcast on national TV and your bosses are watching every move you make and your performance is gonna get picked apart piece by piece in slow mo and any mistake ur gonna get the blow drier treatment... would you let something slide?

sorry but some of you I don't think get it. This league is filled with butchers who play rugby half the time instead of soccer, it's no wonder theres so many cards - there could be alot more imo. According to Michael Kennedy, Gordon should have got sent off against portland, but didn't get anything... Guys, we don't have premiership refs, but they're not that bad compared to the overall quality of mls...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    If it gets noticed by the supervisors he's the one that will end up getting downgraded, spoken to etc. We complain when they don't apply the rules to the letter (such as that c*&t Davies taunting us). I wish they could go celebrate with the fans as long as it doesn't cause a stampede but septic bladder has decreed otherwise
    exactly, what would columbus be saying if he didn't apply the rule and they'd had to play against 11 men all game, just cos the ref wanted to be nice. that decision was always going to be a controversial game changer, so you really can't blame the ref for choosing to go by the letter of the law. we can complain while knowing he was technically right. It'd be much worse to have to deal with complaints for making the technically wrong decision.

it's a stupid rule, but don't blame the ref, blame fifa for making the rule, and tchani for putting the ref in that decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=363582

Paul Tamberino, director of the league's competition department, says referee David Gantar "could have used better judgment here."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bottom line, poor call or not, Tchani should have known better than to do his Lambeau leap (which was right in front of me, BTW). With precedent already having been set this season, players should err on the side of caution re: celebrations, at least keep them on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was harsh, but harsh because he didn't deserve the first yellow. Their entire bench rushed the touchline and nothing was said. That was a fucking joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys...

Discussion on the statement in TSN article is being discussed here...

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27802
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    exactly, what would columbus be saying if he didn't apply the rule and they'd had to play against 11 men all game, just cos the ref wanted to be nice. that decision was always going to be a controversial game changer, so you really can't blame the ref for choosing to go by the letter of the law. we can complain while knowing he was technically right. It'd be much worse to have to deal with complaints for making the technically wrong decision.
    who cares what columbus would be saying? i don't recall portland getting bent outta shape when gordon celebrated at the south end ... personally, if this happens against us and the ref doesn't card it, i'm not getting upset about it ... certainly not a game changer if not called, given previous MLS history

and yes, we can complain while knowing he was technically right ... but i think there would be no complaints at all if this were called consistently, and that is where the complaints are sourced as far as i can tell

it's a stupid rule, but don't blame the ref, blame fifa for making the rule, and tchani for putting the ref in that decision.
    truth, but i'd still rather have a ref who is free to exercise judgment and common sense (and confident enough to defend himself to superiors) and issue warnings instead of cards when circumstances warrant it ... sending a player off after celebrating a goal in this case was not warranted, so i feel like blaming the damn by-the-book ref in this case (and fifa ... and tchaini in the end)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The referees are assigned by their federation. It's just the way it is. Working for leagues in the US, same thing in the minor leagues as well. Don't know if it's the same here for the CSL, I was just a GK coach in it, not a admin person.
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Bottom line, poor call or not, Tchani should have known better than to do his Lambeau leap (which was right in front of me, BTW). With precedent already having been set this season, players should err on the side of caution re: celebrations, at least keep them on the field.
    Precedent set when Gordon received a yellow for doing the same? oh wait...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who have not renewed their membership will be changed back to registered user status over the next few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    So does anyone know why it isi that the USSF and CSA are the ref providers for MLS? I'm assuming it's a FIFA edict, but does anyone have the full back story on this?
    No back story.
    Every country in the world has to supply refs from its own country.
    With canadian teams in the MLS its only natural MLS have a couple of Canadian officials.