Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mullen's tackle on Zakuani

Anyone see this game live and get a better angle on the tackle. From the original video it looks like it might have been a little high but not really dirty, but I cant get a good view of it. Not sure if it was actually malicious maybe more unfortunate because of the injury.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just saw a video of it, he didn't need to go to ground on the play and he did purely as retaliation for not getting the call, unfortuinitly he hit him just right and ouch...... what a horrible sound when contact is made

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if anyone who hasn't veiwed the tackle here you go: http://youtu.be/nYgaIPUqLSM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks very similar to Nigel De Jong on Ben Arfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched it like, 20 times and dont think it was a bad tackle.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    Just saw slow motion of it. You can see Mullen get upset at not getting the call and go in hard, not sure if it was a "bad" tackle but it was definitely hard and very high. Look at where his back leg makes contact with Zakuani's. No reason why he should make contact that high if he's trying to win the ball on the ground.

Its very hard to see with the video that's on the MLS site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fractured right fibula and tibia for Zakuani.

It was high, late, and the intent was there. He will get quite a few games I think.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Heathen

You know what always strikes me when a player has their leg broken is how their team mates are more interested in the offender getting the red card than their colleagues well being.
    When Aaron Ramsey broke his leg Glenn Whelan from Stoke was the one comforting him telling him to stay still while all the other Arsenal players surrounded the ref.
    I think Mullen deserved the red but after that really there's no way he could've stayed on the field even if it was a legal tackle. The way Zakuani goes flying through the air and you see this knee suddenly somewhere it shouldn't be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    Fractured right fibula and tibia for Zakuani.

It was high, late, and the intent was there. He will get quite a few games I think.

You know what his intent was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a bad tackle to me, wether it was intent to injure we wont know but it looks like he was looking to foul for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, absolutely. My powers have extended, usually I had to be in the presence of someone else to read there mind, but now I can telepathically decipher the brain waves through television as the satellite picks up that information as well and transfers it to me.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd like to see a close up replay...looked like he was going for the ball and zakuani's foot beat him to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    yup, absolutely. My powers have extended, usually I had to be in the presence of someone else to read there mind, but now I can telepathically decipher the brain waves through television as the satellite picks up that information as well and transfers it to me.

LOL
    Fair Enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it live and to me it was a pretty reckless tackle. There was no way he could of thought he was going to beat Zakuani to the spot. Zakuani was on the ball and had total control of it, there is no way anyone should make a studs up challenge on that. He should be heavily fined and suspended imo.

Thats so brutal to watch, my leg hurts just watching it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty gross... I dont think he meant to do something so bad... but he did so I guess he'll get the punishment handed to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Zakauni will score a goal #beforetfcmaketheplayoffs

(Sent Zakauni well-wishes of a speedy recovery)
    Animals Eaten:

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sound is awful...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't so much reckless (i.e. a tackle with no control over your own body), but more a deliberate intent to go in HARD.

Pretty clear that he was upset he didn't get the call, so he takes a good few strides right into Zakuani's leg.

Hope the league sends a clear message with a suspension/fines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    Anyone see this game live and get a better angle on the tackle. From the original video it looks like it might have been a little high but not really dirty, but I cant get a good view of it. Not sure if it was actually malicious maybe more unfortunate because of the injury.
    First of all, I'm not even sure what you're asking here. You don't need to see it live or see replays to figure out this is a blatant red card.

Secondly, anyone who wonders whether or not this is a red doesn't know the game or is a newby to soccer....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the first half of the game last night before passing out like a baby. That tackle was bad, no matter how you look at it. I couldn't watch the replay after it happened, just looked and sounded horrible.
    Last edited by Mark TFC; 04-23-2011 at 09:02 AM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not really news guys.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bman27 View Post
    if anyone who hasn't veiwed the tackle here you go: http://youtu.be/nYgaIPUqLSM
    I hope Mullen can't sleep at night.

How high the tackle is has nothing to do with anything.

Mullen was upset that he didnt get the call and he looked to put a hard tackle on the first opponent he saw.

He basically torpedoed (in reverse) at Zakuanis lower body.
    He was tackling through his body. The end result is brutal.

That's a situation where I would prefer Mullen stay on the field. If I were a sounders player I would write off the rest of my season in suspension to end mulleins career....because that could well be Zakuanis fate. Mullen deserves a nice studs up tackle to the patella. Torn acl and mcl should be in his future.

That shit is not football.

Oblio...I'll never play a game against you. Hahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mother father. I watched the game last night, and it was bad. They only showed it once, because man o man it'll give you heebie jeebies if you're squeemish about this stuff.

His leg snapped like a twig. Colorado guys were concerned about Zakuani as well. I can't believe as he was being stretchered off, he gave the thumbs up to his travelling fans. Wow. His season is over, and watching that leg flail like a twig I would have said his career is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://coltv.neulion.com/mlsvp/conso...=2061&id=14004

"its a tackle that ive done a hundred times and ill probably do it again"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    How high the tackle is has nothing to do with anything.

Mullen was upset that he didnt get the call and he looked to put a hard tackle on the first opponent he saw.
    Agreed, agreed 100%. That's my take on the situation. It's been pointed out several times, and it's true.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    I am not sure how you break someone's tibia and fibula in a fair tackle. It takes a lot of force directed away from the ball to break both bones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorCanSoc View Post

His leg snapped like a twig. Colorado guys were concerned about Zakuani as well. I can't believe as he was being stretchered off, he gave the thumbs up to his travelling fans. Wow. HIS SEASON IS OVER,
    His career may be over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He knew what he was doing. How anyone can say it's a fair tackle baffles me. I broke my leg in a tackle like that, having just mouthed off at the bloke. I was 16 and having trials for Southend United, so I've never mouthed off since!!

The fact that Mullen shows no remorse disgusts me further. He should face the full force of the disciplinary board (which he won't).

Sorry gents, but this is football. Over-aggression may be common practice or acceptable in other sports doesn't mean it should be allowed in our game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2mil4dero+santo View Post
    First of all, I'm not even sure what you're asking here. You don't need to see it live or see replays to figure out this is a blatant red card.

Secondly, anyone who wonders whether or not this is a red doesn't know the game or is a newby to soccer....
    thanks for clearing that up for me newb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched it, straight red, in person hearing, and suspension in my opinion...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."