Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dear TFC, sign Mike Klukowski

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...eds-a-new-home

released by his Turkish club and now a free agent. 28. good playing resume. probably will be one of best LBs in MLS if signed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Klukowski
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do we have cap room/what would he demand $$$ wise...if it works out, it could be a good idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he has impressed me...i think he would be a good signing

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear TFC can we please pay more money for players the will be gone to the gold cup for most of the season?
    http://www.onesecondleft.com/ Please visit the one second left blog that I contribute to.

My MLS now includes Montreal... we needed someone to hate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by romburgundy View Post
    Dear TFC can we please pay more money for players the will be gone to the gold cup for most of the season?
    that's a silly reason to not to sign good players. you'd turn down good CMNT players just because they'd be gone for 4 weeks in the summer?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO,please stop signing the players we would like to see in TO,Gerba bust,MeRo bust, DeGuzman bust,etc.

Sign the player who will fit your system and pay some decent money too,it wont hurt.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klukowski is a good player, but I think an attacking midfielder is the most urgent need on the club at the moment, and that would likely be the best use of available cap space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enuff Defenders????

Come on peeps.... we need goals/Attacking right now...

Nana, Cann are mainstays, and we've got a mix of Dicoy, Ekersley, Yourassowsky, Borman... then all our young guys who rarely see he field...

No... No more D... Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals .... if you want the seats to be completely empty - keep signing defenders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't the transfer/signing window close?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klukowski would be the best back on our roster by far.

Scream for attacking forwards all you want but we don't have one good enough fullback on our roster, just plug n play's. It'd be nice to have a defender who doesn't look like he's about to shit himself when he needs to play with the ball. He'd benefit our attack, not going to score goals, but he'd certainly help our entire overall game.

You can't score when you can't move the ball forward, so lets walk before we run eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMq5dQL5sxM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    NO,please stop signing the players we would like to see in TO,Gerba bust,MeRo bust, DeGuzman bust,etc.

That's a falsehood. Not even close to the truth.

Though I don't think we should spend so much money on a defender, and I am assuming he would cost a bit.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a back 4 of Eckersly, Attakora, Cann, and Klukowski could make me feel better about the holes that continually open up in our midfield for the opposition. While the attacking system is coming together, solid D is important.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see Ekersley and Williams get some playing time before rushing out to make another signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope to god we don't sign Kluko. The national team needs him playing top flight football, preferably in France, Belgium or the Netherlands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this team was smart it would sign Kevin McKenna, Mike Klukowski, and Paul Stalteri.

They're all available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thank you. Once Yourass gets regular playing time on the left, we'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klukowski would be a great addition to our suffering defense, he has got a fantastic left foot and good football sense. He will be able to link up with De Guzman nicely as they have played before. It would also be a treat to have the lad come back and play for his hometown team. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a CMNT fan I would prefer he NOT come here. Same goes to all other good Canadian players.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klu could help us it's just the same old story of

is he going to play as well for us coming home with added pressure, attention for less money than he could get in lower leagues anywhere over there.

If the answer is yes for once why the hell not? It would just be the first time, right?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoiu should make a rule against threads that beign with.

Dear TFC, Dear MLSE, Dear Aron Winter, Dear the players, Dear Paul B.... etc...

There are email addresses for all of these people. When you make posts like this on this board, sometimes.....they actually get responses from their intended recipient and then stupid things happen, like we pay a million to sign DeGuzman etc.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Signing DeGuzman has not hurt our chances to go after other players. There are still 2 DP slots available that are not being used on this roster. So if you think JDG is not worth 350K/year then that is one thing, but don't paint the illusion like we broke bank on him as all we care about is what is his Cap hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    ^ Signing DeGuzman has not hurt our chances to go after other players. There are still 2 DP slots available that are not being used on this roster. So if you think JDG is not worth 350K/year then that is one thing, but don't paint the illusion like we broke bank on him as all we care about is what is his Cap hit.
    Well put. He's been great so far this year, at 350K vs the cap I'm damn glad he's in TFC red.

There's little reason for a fan to care the total paid salary to JDG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks!

Reminds me to much of Brennan, smart player but lacks the athleticism needed in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I need to pay more attention. I didn't even realize Klukowski had been in Turkey. I though he was still playing in Belgium.

I knew about Josh Simpson being in Turkey, but that was all. Turkey has a good league though. I wouldn't mind seeing more Canadians there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    That's less than half the story. The biggest part of the cost is the opportunity cost.

What else could TFC have done with $1.4 million - the part above the cap hit?

Maybe we could have had Hassli, plus another DP, instead of JDG.

Or maybe we could have had a real bust like a Denilson.

Everybody has two budgets. The cap and the actual dollars. This is how we spent our actual dollar budget.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-26-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt mind seeing klukowski at TFC... he is a good player and could play at L/R back and/or on the wings.... and i dont think he would comand a huge salary like De guzman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As good as he is, we already have a good LB in Yourassowsky, and a RB in Eckersley (I know hes only here on loan for a season) plus on the wings we have Plata, and Martina who both show to be promising. I believe as good as he is, its not really a player to throw money out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the only one concerned about the number of players we have on loan here? It's all good and fine to have these players contributing now but once they play one season on a rehab stint or confidence booster these player will head back to their respective clubs with loads of confidence and we will be right back to the drawing board. If this is part of the club rebuilding process then we may as well do it on the cheap and a another high priced Europe outcast isn't the answer. Sorry Klukowski! I'll pass.
    Last edited by cyris2k; 04-28-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generally the mls doesnt take players on loan without the option to buy, i cant think of any situations in which a loan didnt have the option to buy, i highly doubt its any different with our current situation