RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by denime; 04-22-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying today's SSG is an improvment is all in perspective.

MORNING' D!
    P.S. D check the poll in Offtopic. :P

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed girls 1 & 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Of all the players the sun is going to hate on - the pick JDG? The guy who is not 100% and is playing better than any two guys on our team put together?

Hating JDG is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2010.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by denime; 04-22-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12th time lucky?

is all the talk of not wanting to let the fans down again just lip service, or do they actually care. here's a good chance to show us. crew have lost a lot of talent, and a lot of bad hair, they're there for the taking.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad that stupid idea of playing through the winter is finally laid to rest.

I suspect that the end of the US WC bid had everything to do with that.

Sad that single-table is going, but with the league expanding, it equals too many games (and consequently season ticket cost).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Glad that stupid idea of playing through the winter is finally laid to rest.

I suspect that the end of the US WC bid had everything to do with that.

Sad that single-table is going, but with the league expanding, it equals too many games (and consequently season ticket cost).
    Im not getting this, we play every team home and away once, and will probably continue to do so. How does having two conferences reduce the number of games, and how is anything less than 38 games 'too many'

Unless your hypothesizing that expansion will go way beyond 20 teams, and games against western teams start getting eliminated, what are you on about?

I see the clamour for expansion teams slowing exponentially once Miami and St, Louis and NY2 are taken care of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Im not getting this, we play every team home and away once, and will probably continue to do so. How does having two conferences reduce the number of games, and how is anything less than 38 games 'too many'

Unless your hypothesizing that expansion will go way beyond 20 teams, and games against western teams start getting eliminated, what are you on about?

I see the clamour for expansion teams slowing exponentially once Miami and St, Louis and NY2 are taken care of.

That is the dream of MLS. It's really modeled on the NFL, 32 teams, conference play and no games against some teams each year. Who knows, maybe they want to copy the old days of baseball, two leagues (20 teams each if they could manage) with no interleague play until the championship.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Friday morning media scrum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

team for tomorrow-------------frei
    eckersley--------------cann----------williams-------------borman
    ---------degusman---------tchani---------yourofski
    ---------------martina----gordon----------santos--------
    toronto f.c.----3--------------------columbus 0

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, looks as if St. Louis is removed from considerations. Not suprising, considering the off field clusterfuck that was AC St. Louis last year.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling all Canadians!!! Time to get into 112 for Canada and sing for our Red n White!! follow the link below to the thread and get in on Canada's warmup vs Ecuador at our beloved BMO!!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they will go to 24 to 28 teams and start eliminating games against the other conference. Which I like. Playing Montreal 4 times a year while playing Seattle once is preferable to me. We will still play Vancouver in Nutrilite and the best teams in the Western Conference we will see in the CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Really? Of all the players the sun is going to hate on - the pick JDG? The guy who is not 100% and is playing better than any two guys on our team put together?

Hating JDG is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2010.
    I'm pretty sure you didn't read the article if that's what you got from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    That is the dream of MLS. It's really modeled on the NFL, 32 teams, conference play and no games against some teams each year. Who knows, maybe they want to copy the old days of baseball, two leagues (20 teams each if they could manage) with no interleague play until the championship.
    I've always liked this idea -- an Eastern and Western conference, 20 teams each, each functioning as its own 'league,' with the winners of each conference playing each other for the Cup.