Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DeRo: in Toronto, I felt like I had to go and contribute [scoring]"

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1589/...-being-one-of-

he explains his often selfish ball possession with the messiah complex. at least he's being straight about it. i know we're all tired of the dero chit-chat, but i thought it was an interesting response, make of it what you will.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“It’s nice to be able to focus on just keeping the ball flowing and pick my moments. In Toronto, I felt like I had to go and contribute [scoring] to the team,” said De Rosario exclusively to Goal.com.

“Don’t get me wrong, there will be times where I still make my runs, but now I can be more focused on my position and not take away space from the forwards. Stick to my position, the attacking midfield role, and be patient. Let them make the runs and feed off of it.“

As I said, I couldn't be happier that he's gone because I don't want a team built around a single player. Seems he feels that way too. Good luck in the future, buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wowza, are you trying to start a scrap or something?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Wowza, are you trying to start a scrap or something?
    haha. not even!
    it's actually refreshing to hear "i held onto the ball so much because i didnt think anyone else could finish".

fuck, now there's 9 members in here. i hope this doesn't turn into one of those threads.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well NYRB has Henry and more importantly, it looks like Rodgers could be even better in the MLS.

Though Tainio has been a beast for NY so far.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticed that a couple of days ago, but figured it would just be rehashing old arguments, but now someone else has started it here, why not dive in.

Maybe Dwayne, just maybe, if you had focussed on your position, been patient, kept the ball flowing and not taken space away from the forwards while you were at TFC (your words not mine), things might have eventually worked out better. Good of you to acknowledge what we all knew about your lack of ability to play to a system though, thanks for that!

On the other side though, TFC's last two games have been crying out for a talented, determined and selfish guy to eventually just say fuck it and try to do something on his own haven't they? Sigh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darlofletch, to be perfectly honest though, who was going to do pick up the slack and shoulder the burden to let dero stick to his creative playmaker role? santos? barrett? white?

santos was on again off again. sometimes he'd score a cracker out of nowhere. sometimes he'd miss a sitter by 5+ yards.

white worked his ass off for the few games we had him in when barrett was injured, but he lost his form.

barrett was too inconsistent to be our traget man.

and.. well..

the less said about this man the better.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo's gone, period. There is no point mentioning him again (except as an opponent),

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't blame him one bit. Without his goals we would've been DC united last year. No other person has proven they can score consistently on this team. I noticed in his last game with Red Bull he was more reserved. Did exactly as I thought he would play on a team where he doesn't have to take all the burden. NY will be very strong with a humble Dero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than criticize DeRo for doing what he felt he had to do while he was here (at least someone was willing to step up) why don't we talk about the obvious...the state of our team is such that the guy who was our best player and leading scorer is now just a complimentary player for another team. He didn't change, his team did...and that speaks volume about the lack of quality on our team during his stay in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Rather than criticize DeRo for doing what he felt he had to do while he was here (at least someone was willing to step up) why don't we talk about the obvious...the state of our team is such that the guy who was our best player and leading scorer is now just a complimentary player for another team. He didn't change, his team did...and that speaks volume about the lack of quality on our team during his stay in Toronto.

Sorry but this IS the obvious.

What he thought he had to do?

He had to listen to his coach and perform his tasks and fulfill his role like a professional does. Not go out and do whatever it was that HE thought was appropriate.

That was my problem with DeRo from day one and I'm glad it's been confirmed out of his own mouth.

He thought he had to do everything.

It showed. His talent made TFC a more talented group of players but his outlook made us a worse TEAM.

Competelty different set of circumstances in NY. Now he's 3rd (maybe even 4th fiddle)...I hope he does well there.

Actually, I don't care how he does but for the sake of my sanity...I hope he does well. LOL

Wish him luck but glad he's gone.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ except of course for the one variable that did change this year... his age. He is destined to be a complimentary player one day. Maybe that day came sooner for him than he thought?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is DeRo?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy who has by far scored more goals in TFC red than anyone else. Pay attention!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It was terrible, I felt I actually had to go and contribute to the team."

er.....what?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, what to do with thread like this?

close it?

no, that would be to easy,

Wait,

I know what to do,I'll back in a minute.

Ok carry on,it's very refreshing to have another thread.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ^ except of course for the one variable that did change this year... his age. He is destined to be a complimentary player one day. Maybe that day came sooner for him than he thought?
    If he had stayed here, who would he be complimenting? It's too bad so much of the off season was wasted on the DeRo drama instead of TFC realizing he was getting older and finding a replacement.

Oh well, maybe next year we'll finally use the off season to prepare for the next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if he will be keeping the ball flowing and leaving space for the forwards when he comes back to play in Toronto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    haha. not even!
    it's actually refreshing to hear "i held onto the ball so much because i didnt think anyone else could finish".

fuck, now there's 9 members in here. i hope this doesn't turn into one of those threads.

NO, he KNEW no one else could finish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post

He had to listen to his coach and perform his tasks and fulfill his role like a professional does. Not go out and do whatever it was that HE thought was appropriate.
    There's never been anything to suggest that his coaches (and teammates) didn't run the offense through him. It's not as if his coaches have told him one thing and he's done another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Are you trying to say that he's now a complimentary player because the one variable that changed is his age? Just trying to figure out what you are saying here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my problem with DeRo from day one and I'm glad it's been confirmed out of his own mouth.

He thought he had to do everything.

It showed. His talent made TFC a more talented group of players but his outlook made us a worse TEAM.

Competelty different set of circumstances in NY. Now he's 3rd (maybe even 4th fiddle)...I hope he does well there.

Actually, I don't care how he does but for the sake of my sanity...I hope he does well. LOL

Wish him luck but glad he's gone.
    Pretty sure if he consistently disobeyed Preki, Cummins and Carver's orders one of them would've benched him at some point. Meaning, I think you are way off on this one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Those guys wouldn't have had the balls to bench DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Right, but Preki had balls to bench our million dollar player for staying up late.

They all secretly hated Dero, but they played him any chance they had. Sorry, not buying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's never been anything to suggest that his coaches (and teammates) didn't run the offense through him. It's not as if his coaches have told him one thing and he's done another.
    Preki interview after being fired. Commented on the "canadians".
    Who do you think he was talking about.

Winter this year. Interview with Sharman. Almost came right out and said what I said. He was talking about DeRo then, in the next breath, he said that, to be successful and be part of a good TEAM, you have to complete your tasks on the field and follow rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Pretty sure if he consistently disobeyed Preki, Cummins and Carver's orders one of them would've benched him at some point. Meaning, I think you are way off on this one.
    See my point above and Whoopees point below.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Right, but Preki had balls to bench our million dollar player for staying up late.

They all secretly hated Dero, but they played him any chance they had. Sorry, not buying it.
    Winter is the first coach that had the balls to call a spade a spade.

Good player talent wise but just not enough. That's my take on it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Preki wanted to get rid of DeRo at the beginning of last season was told that he couldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter is the first coach that had the balls to call a spade a spade.

Good player talent wise but just not enough. That's my take on it.
    Sorry but Winter wanted to keep Dero. That much he said many times. Very talented player who he wished would've stayed with us (in his own words). Winter did nothing different then any other coach when it came to Dero. Even worst, he kept him as the captain of the team after he pulled the Celtic thing.

I don't think your point has any vadility at all. There is no evidence at all to suggest it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but Winter wanted to keep Dero. That much he said many times. Very talented player who he wished would've stayed with us (in his own words). Winter did nothing different then any other coach when it came to Dero. Even worst, he kept him as the captain of the team after he pulled the Celtic thing.

I don't think your point has any vadility at all. There is no evidence at all to suggest it.

Yes...Winter wanted to keep DeRo IF he was willing to be a team player.

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/...s-aron-winter/

Watch from 7:00 or so on. He talks about Messi and teammates making each other better. Then....."the team makes the individual"

DeRo didn't see it that way. His words said as much. He felt that he WAS the team.

He goes on to talk about JDG and gives a glowing endorsement of the guy. A guy who has undoubtedly been a disappointment on the field. Especially in comparison to DeRo. DeRo gets no such endorsement.

Then they talk about the contract squabbles of Cann and DeRo and again Winter stresses the need to follow his rules. He's happy when players under contract play with the team. (backhanded shot at DeRo and Cann)

Then he says it. Nobody's bigger than the club.

It's obvious he's talking about DeRo (and Cann for that matter).

So tell me again how Winter was convincingly pleased with DeRo?

He played it diplomatically but I think it's pretty clear.

Winter thought DeRo was a great player that would be a great part of the team IF he conformed to the rules.

DeRo was either not interested in doing so or (and my personal choice) he was incapable of doing it with TFC. His ego (playing second fiddle to JDG and Mista in money) made him go out and prove that he was worth more.

"Must score, Must score. Must show team I'm the best they got and should be paid as such"

Unfortunately his mindset should have been.

"Must score, Must make teammates better. Must help team win."

Like I said....Incapable of such behaviour on the pitch.

Winter's famous words "We are rebuilding a new system...if he wants to be a part of it, it starts with a team. Act like a team player. Then what the future is going to bring you....then we'll see in the future"

Pachuco...if the evidence you require is Winter saying "I didn't want DeRo"...well that doesn't exist (that I know of at least)....but there is evidence to suggest that my opinion is not out of left field.

Disagree if you like...it's certainly not a cut and dry opinion I'm giving...but to suggest that it has no merit is wrong. As evidence above.

(Just one guys opinion and not a personal attack on the man or any of his supporters.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ And yet now he's happy to make less than Henry, Marquez and play second fiddle to them? Like I said above, DeRo didn't change - his team did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ And yet now he's happy to make less than Henry, Marquez and play second fiddle to them? Like I said above, DeRo didn't change - his team did.
    Yes...because he has no choice.

There is not a football pundit on the planet that would rate DeRo above those two guys. If he came out and demanded to be paid more than them somebody would quite literally laugh in his face.