Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jloome nailed it
    NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Article??? It's an f'in blog! Who cares what anyone says in a blog.
    +1

Blogs are like assholes these days, everyone has got one, and they are both usually full of the same stuff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbeaten in four, Ill take it. A win vs DCU would make this one of the best openings to a season we've ever had.

Modest improvement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The person who wrote that crap article is an EEE-DEEE-OTTT!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not one to criticize but that was a horribly written blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback and the traffic guys. I stand by my premise that many fans, media and observers are taking way too negative outlook towards a team that is very much in early days. Not saying the majority but many. Thanks for the colorful anecdotes as well makes for good reading on a Friday morning.

Bill

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While the majority here are finding patience I don't think he's wrong with the press media being overall negative in how they report but that has more to do with the sports landscape in this town. The blog raised questions that have been raised on this board. Questions posed by a minority for sure but there is a precedent.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We sit second in our conference, tied argubly the best team in the league, and are unbeaten in 4 i think? I think this Blogger is either

1) Anti-Toronto.
    2) Chad Barret
    3) mentally retarded.
    4) a comedian.
    5) Mo Johnston.
    6) a clown.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't really bother reading this.

It doesn't take a rocket appliance to see that TFC this season is drastically different from seasons past. If people think there is going to be some sort of magical transformation into an elite club - it's not going to happen - this is the MLS.

I for one have been very impressed by the way we have played so far this season. Yes, pieces are missing. BUT I think the fact that JDG is now playing in a system the compliments his skills is a huge plus and when we add some fire power up front - we'll be rockin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    We sit second in our conference, tied argubly the best team in the league, and are unbeaten in 4 i think? I think this Blogger is either
    1) Anti-Toronto.
    Definitely not...

2) Chad Barret
    You'd have to ask my wife about that I guess or my mom

3) mentally retarded.
    Been called worse... oh and not politically correct

4) a comedian.
    See above.

5) Mo Johnston.
    Definitely not

6) a clown.
    Possibly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ault View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and the traffic guys. I stand by my premise that many fans, media and observers are taking way too negative outlook towards a team that is very much in early days. Not saying the majority but many. Thanks for the colorful anecdotes as well makes for good reading on a Friday morning.

Bill
    For the record, I agree with the actual content within the article, but the premise of the article, and more specifically, the headline, is not an accurate reflection of the sentiment among fans and media alike. Naturally, such a fabrication is going to incite a negative reaction from the vast majority of supporters that have enough common sense to allow a reasonable time frame for the new management regime to rebuild a club that was mired in futility since the inception of the franchise.

Are there elements of incessant negativity among some supporters and in a few media circles? Absolutely, and many of us on this forum fight the good fight. However, the premise of the article suggests that the media and supporters have already given up on Winter and Mariner, which is simply not the case. In fact, I haven't read any articles or comments on this forum that would suggest as such. Even those those that are pessimistic are sensible enough to allow at least one full season before passing any sort of judgement on the new management regime.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-15-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    For the record, I agree with the actual content within the article, but the premise of the article, and more specifically, the headline, is not an accurate reflection of the sentiment among fans and media alike.
    Fair enough what set me off was a number of recent mass media articles and then a couple of podcasts that were just way too negative - the links within pointed to a couple of the many.

The article as all are, was meant to be supportive, attract readership and generate conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the author the favour of reading the first two paragraphs. Stopped reading after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    I did the author the favour of reading the first two paragraphs. Stopped reading after that.
    thanks for getting that far.

Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad article at all Bill, except I too disagree with the second paragraph.

I have to ask though, what is that pic about lol, doesn't seem to have anything to do with TFC, footy, or honeymoons in general.. it's a pic of two wannabe hipsters?

Other than the pic the article was a decent read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I have to ask though, what is that pic about lol?
    Honeymoon Over! Album cover from the pop duo of Fredrik Ståhl and Kalle Lekholm from Gothenburg,Sweden. Nothing to do with the story except the title... I like to link random images with tenuous links to my posts...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The J-Mo article you link to, says nothing to demonstrate the thesis in your title. In fact, Molinaro says the L.A. game represented a step backwards from the effort in the previous WEEK, which Molinaro says was "solid" and "gritty". He draws no such sweeping conclusion about the Winter regime versus previous ones.

There was nothing in the article to suggest that media "patience" has run out, either. It was a post-game report, nothing more.

EDIT: And it's a "Best Before" date, not a "Best Buy" date.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter didn't win all 5 regular season games he's coached so he's obviously on the hot seat