Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok you Rpb doom mongers
    Let's say we finish off this work week with a bright outlook an send somepositive vibes down to BMO for the lads shall we?

3 points on the skillet!!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Ok you Rpb doom mongers
    Let's say we finish off this work week with a bright outlook an send somepositive vibes down to BMO for the lads shall we?

3 points on the skillet!!

He's right Boys. We're gonna win tomorrow, and then we're gonna win the league!
    NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coed Girls 1 & 2 (don't skip the intro)
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a HUGE thank you for our friends in PORTLAND for their 4-2 destruction of CHICAGO FIRE!

(FREE SUBS!)
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please give this a thread a read......Fifa potentially could suspend CSA due to the mess with Alberta.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27663
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    a HUGE thank you for our friends in PORTLAND for their 4-2 destruction of CHICAGO FIRE!

(FREE SUBS!)
    Those highlights are worth watching. That was the gold standard - the best crowd I've ever seen at an MLS game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Those highlights are worth watching. That was the gold standard - the best crowd I've ever seen at an MLS game.
    Game was on goltv last night and it might have been one of the fastest played MLS games I have ever seen. Only problem with the Northewest teams is the turf. Looks like Seattle might be going to grass because of complaints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland supporters and Timbers Army have officially raised the bar in MLS. That is going to be one tough barn for visiting clubs this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every time a west team beats an east ,thats good for T.F.C;thanks portland.now we have to win the next 2 games big time.2--0 v D.C.----------3-0 v columbus---that is an ideal world!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahead of the d.c game, some questions answered from a d.c blogger.

new additions to their team, how the new(ish) coach is doing and what sort of formation they'll be playing on saturday.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was hoping to watch the game, but way too tired last night, will definitely check out the highlights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya I caught the first half and Portland should have had at least one more goal - but the MLS refs struck again!

The part I found hilarious was that they have a lumberjack on the sidelines and every time the Timbers score, he cuts a slab off a HUGE log!

Pretty entertaining though and the crowd was impressive.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Portland supporters and Timbers Army have officially raised the bar in MLS. That is going to be one tough barn for visiting clubs this season.

No question... those highlights look great.
    The crowd is really pumped.

Toronto really has fallen down the list of best atmosphere in MLS.
    It's really too bad for us... hopefully things will change if Toronto starts winning.
    But it's great for the league to see this kind of support still growing in other cities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27664

I guess this qualifies as news: Former MUFC fullback Richard Eckersley joins TFC on loan until January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full props to Nana for being so honest. He's a class guy in my book:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/stor...-attakora.html

JM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks john, good article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, props to Portland. That's great for the League, and great for us. We have to step our game up for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post

The part I found hilarious was that they have a lumberjack on the sidelines and every time the Timbers score, he cuts a slab off a HUGE log!
    Long-time tradition going back to their old NASL days.
    They inscribe the goal details on the slab and present it to the player!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland was fantastic. Tops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great, yeah, but the roof helps a lot too. Having a roof (or a series of them) makes all the difference for sound retention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rain and the fog in Portland definately helped the atmosphere. Looked really good on tv. Looks like it might be a tough place to get a win.

Speaking of, looks like we are getting a soaking on Saturday night. Should be epic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland has Timber Joey: but TFC has "Pancake Ignatieff", or "Pervert Mo". I couldn't believe this dude on the chainsaw, I think he almost got the machine stuck halfway through the first cut and in the background the game was still on going. Reminded me of the butler from the movie, "Hot Tub Time Machine".

MLS in 2011: As fas as the quality of the MLS this year, the presentation of the game has been greatly improved from 2007, and I think it has alot to do with the much better support from the expansion teams following TFC's intro to the MLS. TFC definitely set the bar higher than L.A. Galaxy and NYRB in 2007 and the travelling armada in the first game of 2008 in Columbus really opened several eyes for all teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Portland has Timber Joey: but TFC has "Pancake Ignatieff", or "Pervert Mo". I couldn't believe this dude on the chainsaw, I think he almost got the machine stuck halfway through the first cut and in the background the game was still on going. Reminded me of the butler from the movie, "Hot Tub Time Machine".

MLS in 2011: As fas as the quality of the MLS this year, the presentation of the game has been greatly improved from 2007, and I think it has alot to do with the much better support from the expansion teams following TFC's intro to the MLS. TFC definitely set the bar higher than L.A. Galaxy and NYRB in 2007 and the travelling armada in the first game of 2008 in Columbus really opened several eyes for all teams.
    Totally agree. Portland was fantastic last night and that Field Turf played like grass.

I can see us and Portland in a competition to see who can take the most traveling fans. Portland can take thousands (between 5k and 10k) to Seattle if the Sounders ever opened up Qwest and we could probably take that to Montreal for a season opener or playoff game if played at Olympic Stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    Totally agree. Portland was fantastic last night and that Field Turf played like grass.
    I'll bet it didnt feel like grass. Those teams both played hard last night, I predict Portland will be a bit more subdued on Sunday.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post

I think the supporters of DC United and Chicago Fire would take exception to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna be funny to watch Montreal try and top Portland next season.

You all know who far gone those Quebecers are, they'll have the half the stadium on fire and two dead policemen before first kick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    Ya I caught the first half and Portland should have had at least one more goal - but the MLS refs struck again!

Pretty entertaining though and the crowd was impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Long-time tradition going back to their old NASL days.
    They inscribe the goal details on the slab and present it to the player!

Love it!!