RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a new quote to put on my signature: “God knows, if anybody should have got the money on this team, of course it should have been the guy (De Rosario) who was putting up the numbers consistently.”- Chad Barrett
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's it Barrett, stir the pot

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Got a new quote to put on my signature: “God knows, if anybody should have got the money on this team, of course it should have been the guy (De Rosario) who was putting up the numbers consistently.”- Chad Barrett
    Irrelevant Mo johnston era player comment IMO. Let's move on. Yes, mo screwed them all - now it's winter time.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Irrelevant Mo johnston era player comment IMO. Let's move on. Yes, mo screwed them all - now it's winter time.
    True !

BTW Are we doing PINK STREAMERS TONIGHT?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“God knows, if anybody should have got the money on this team, of course it should have been the guy (De Rosario) who was putting up the numbers consistently.”- Chad Barrett
    Maybe Barrett should have added the words "instead of me" to his quote, considering the sweetheart deal he got from Mo, especially starting this year. It was not always the players getting screwed by Mo.

Actually, reading through that article in the Sun, I realize that Barrett is not only naive, but also seriously mis-informed. Quote from the article:

“I shouldn’t have (felt comfortable) but kind of did after Toronto went to great lengths to protect me (in the expansion draft),” Barrett said.
    That's at least the 2nd time I've read that from Chad in interviews. Uh, Chad, the team didn't protect you in the expansion draft. They (rightly) guessed that no team would take you anyway, given your silly salary. (I guess TFC is still paying part of that salary????)

Here's the list of unprotected players from TFC for the last expansion draft. Chad is on there, i.e., anyone could have taken him: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11...tected-players

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undoubtedly, Toronto supporters won’t be quite as reserved or diplomatic in their handling of the Los Angeles midfielder at BMO Field.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Maybe Barrett should have added the words "instead of me" to his quote, considering the sweetheart deal he got from Mo, especially starting this year. It was not always the players getting screwed by Mo.

Actually, reading through that article in the Sun, I realize that Barrett is not only naive, but also seriously mis-informed. Quote from the article:

That's at least the 2nd time I've read that from Chad in interviews. Uh, Chad, the team didn't protect you in the expansion draft. They (rightly) guessed that no team would take you anyway, given your silly salary. (I guess TFC is still paying part of that salary????)

Here's the list of unprotected players from TFC for the last expansion draft. Chad is on there, i.e., anyone could have taken him: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11...tected-players
    Earl Cochrane probably lied to him and told him he was being protected.

Barrett probably didn't pay attention to the draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a regular occurrence now on Wednesdays - another Paul James on Soccer pod - pretty good breakdown of the SJ game and Winter's tactics, how we should approach playing Los Angeles - but a good perspective on how damaging it was/could be that our U20s failed to qualify for the World Cup and why it's not as big a deal for the USMNT.

PAUL JAMES ON SOCCER PODCAST EPISODE 3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like headgames to me, hopefully the team is above it/in a new mentality and it wont effect em. also hopefuly deguzman cripples him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an almost beckham free preview

that sun article couldn't be more of a "becks" blow job if it tried.

reallly really hope tchani does a serioux on beckham, a broken leg would look vey nice for the royal wedding.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who gives a shit what Chad Barrett thinks about the D-Money situation?

D-Money's gone. You, Chad and the media should probably get over it.

In other news, still expecting a beating at BMO tonight (TFC 1:3 LAG), but can't wait to get to the ground this evening. Even though the boys must be tired, I love the rare occasion where we have two games in one week!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post

In other news, still expecting a beating at BMO tonight (TFC 1:3 LAG), but can't wait to get to the ground this evening. Even though the boys must be tired, I love the rare occasion where we have two games in one week!

So you are saying that you have no trust on the boys and on Winter??...I sure hope they prove you wrong!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and Chad is gone, as well.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ganzo_thebest View Post
    So you are saying that you have no trust on the boys and on Winter??...I sure hope they prove you wrong!!!
    Me too. Galaxy's a better team. Hopefully they're tired, but I don't expect a win tonight, plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juninho's the guy to watch tonight from the edge of the box- couple of crackin goals already this season..oh and Chad on a 1 on 1 breakaway of course!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. Galaxy's a better team. Hopefully they're tired, but I don't expect a win tonight, plain and simple.
    They are a better team indeed on paper...but sure not showing it so far....I am optimistic for a win at home.......I am more eager to see what the starting 11 will look like.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha...Barrett is a fucking joke.

I'll take Winter's opinion on player value over Chad's.

ie: Chad Barrett sucks and gets paid too much. Get rid of him.

I'm behind the net in the south stand and fully expect to have to dodge a few of Barretts "shots at goal"

So glad he's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T.F.C.---3 v L.A.---0-----goals by Martina;Santos;Stephanovic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Chad, you just opened up another can of worms (50 page thread).

But you're absolutely right! Now go out there and miss those BMO nets like the days of old! Just don't knock my beer out of my hand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Barrett obviously trying to stir the pot. Too bad I could care less about his opinion.

Maybe if he actually got a shot on net once in awhile, then he can talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    This is a regular occurrence now on Wednesdays - another Paul James on Soccer pod - pretty good breakdown of the SJ game and Winter's tactics, how we should approach playing Los Angeles - but a good perspective on how damaging it was/could be that our U20s failed to qualify for the World Cup and why it's not as big a deal for the USMNT.

PAUL JAMES ON SOCCER PODCAST EPISODE 3
    Excellent once again. Paul James is a better speaker than writer.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen this elsewhere:

Concacaf Champions League Draw for preliminary and group round matches on May 18th.

http://www.concacaf.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2336496,00.html

Looking forward to a Canadian Championship and a match against Joe Public City or Quezazocacalocaca, Republic of Parador.
    Last edited by Redpunkfiddle; 04-13-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    That's all I'll say about that.