Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a playoff spot!

It's very early, but good to see.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Heathen

look at the chin on the SSG, got a half-moon face

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the caption read:
    Gorodon's goal earns TFC a 1-1 away draw

Be nice if they could spell their GORDON's name correctly!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....i am happy that when JDG entered the match the team seemed to play a bit better tactically.....and I love Gordon's assessment of him...

“I think that [de Guzman] changed the game,” Gordon said. “His ability to control the midfield and drive possession was vital.”
    As a holding midfielder, de Guzman’s skills are not always appreciated by the casual fan. Additionally, Gordon said, de Guzman’s big contract clouds people’s perception of him.
    “When guys see the big money, they tend to want the player to score a lot of goals and to be creative offensively,” Gordon said. “That’s not the role of a holding midfielder, but what he does out there is so important.”
    And very Happy they are taking their time with him before they plop him in for 90 minutes.

De Guzman said that he was happy with his play, but he was even happier by the way that his injured knee responded.
    “It was good,” he said. “It’s another 45 minutes and it helps with the confidence. What’s more important is there was no pain.”
    The Canadian international suggested that he would be fully match fit by the end of the month. In the meantime, Toronto will continue to work him into the lineup whenever possible.
    “Julian is a good player,” Winter said. “But in this league, you have to be careful. He’s come a long way. We have to go slowly.”
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This story is only starting to get national attention 10 days after it happened. Imagine what the coverage of it would be like, if it had happened at a soccer game

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/10/sp...stadium&st=cse
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This story is only starting to get national attention 10 days after it happened. Imagine what the coverage of it would be like, if it had happened at a soccer game

good thing it didn't happen in Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Well....i am happy that when JDG entered the match the team seemed to play a bit better tactically.....and I love Gordon's assessment of him...

And very Happy they are taking their time with him before they plop him in for 90 minutes.
    I agree with Gordon's analysis as well. Although he has only been here for 3 games, he already seems to be a great addition on and off the pitch. Based on the few interviews I've watched with him, he is a good example of a character guy in the locker room.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-10-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, TFC has 6 goals in 4 games... NY has 2 goals in 4 games. hmmm. is that Henry fellow still playing the bulls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    ok, TFC has 6 goals in 4 games... NY has 2 goals in 4 games. hmmm. is that Henry fellow still playing the bulls?
    oooookaaaaaaaaay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    oooookaaaaaaaaay!
    uhh, do you have a point?

Alan Gordon has more goals this season than Thierry Henry. Hilarious!

Maybe Henry should start using his hands in addition to his feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry is not in form yet. I watched some of the NY-PHI game last night, and while NY dominated the first half and hit 2 posts and a cross bar, it was Marquez, Lindpere, DeRo, and Agudelo that looked dangerous. Henry was very slow to react and flubbed a couple of chances just outside the box. Henry should be eating MLS defenders for breakfast, but perhaps at his age he is having trouble adjusting to the North American style of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh, do you have a point?

Alan Gordon has more goals this season than Thierry Henry. Hilarious!

Maybe Henry should start using his hands in addition to his feet.
    My point is you infer Henry goal scoring is NY goal scoring and vice versa. It isn't, although Henry can influence team goalscoring, it silly to infer the lack of NYRB goal scoring is all on Henry. It's a team game so its more likely the team is not meshing offensively for whatever reason.

Btw, Alan Gordon has more goals this season than Dero. Hilarious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Henry is not in form yet. I watched some of the NY-PHI game last night, and while NY dominated the first half and hit 2 posts and a cross bar, it was Marquez, Lindpere, DeRo, and Agudelo that looked dangerous. Henry was very slow to react and flubbed a couple of chances just outside the box. Henry should be eating MLS defenders for breakfast, but perhaps at his age he is having trouble adjusting to the North American style of play.
    I'm still waiting to hear from all the people on this board who said that "Henry, if he comes here man..he's goona fucking tear this league apart man!" and "Henry will destroy the scoring record in MLS"

2 goals in 15 games.

You have to try here too buddy, sorry it hasn't been the vacation you were looking for.
    Last edited by Pigfynn; 04-10-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far NYRB goes, I watched about 20 mins of the second half last night and I thought I saw alot of running and no control of the ball by the players.

They really gotta slow down the game.

I also noted that their seemed to be a lack of effort by the north american players compared to the two former Barca guys. Its almost as if they were all winded by the 55 minute. Very typical of North American players. (ie. Jozy Altidore)

Henry, he was tracking the ball all the way back to the goalkeeper it seemed. Marquez, he was doing the opposite, he was moving up the ball to the "strikers", but like I said, they were horrible controlling the ball going forward. DeRosario, he was playing more of a central midfielder role, but he kept getting lapped going backwards on defense by Henry. They dont seemed to be gel-ling yet, due to injuries, but if they keep playing like that they will definitely go out looking for guys at the transfer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    My point is you infer Henry goal scoring is NY goal scoring and vice versa. It isn't, although Henry can influence team goalscoring, it silly to infer the lack of NYRB goal scoring is all on Henry. It's a team game so its more likely the team is not meshing offensively for whatever reason.!
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Why don't you explain yourself like that in full sentences more often? It's wonderful instead of the sarcastic "Okaaaayyyy".

Anyways, Thierry Henry looked like shit against Philly and fans are starting to get pissed off. When you pay millions to a striker of his calibre, you better get goals.

If TFC signed a player of that scoring calibre and Alan Gordon was outscoring him, people would be pretty pissed off. But somehow he gets a break because "the team is not meshing." Right. Maybe his passes to Philly defenders last night were not his problem.
    Last edited by rocker; 04-10-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear from all the people on this board who said that "Henry, if he comes here man..he's goona fucking tear this league apart man!" "Henry will destroy the scoring record in MLS"

2 goals in 15 games.

You have to try here too buddy, sorry it hasn't been the vaction you were looking for.
    Maybe it's ongoing injury concerns, maybe it's lack of effort, but he is on track to be the biggest flop in MLS history if he doesn't snap out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Philly-RBNY game was shocking. The RB played like we did in our preseason games when we were doing the "build from the back" drills. They had tons of possession and absolutely no creativity in the final third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

That's really gross. A similar story could have come out about the Jays home opener. There were several fights in the 500's but it's been almost completely ignored by the Toronto media.

Had that happened at BMO the hooligan label would have been applied several times over by now.

What can you do? North American sports coverage I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the explanation.
    Why don't you explain yourself like that in full sentences more often? It's wonderful instead of the sarcastic "Okaaaayyyy".
    Well you come on here professing you know everything about the game and dis everyone else's view and passion for it. You come across that your view is the only view and you are right all the time - despite how many times you contradict yourself.. Sometimes your response because of that don't deserve anything but the obligatory 'OKaaaayyyy".

Anyways, Thierry Henry looked like shit against Philly and fans are starting to get pissed off. When you pay millions to a striker of his calibre, you better get goals.

If TFC signed a player of that scoring calibre and Alan Gordon was outscoring him, people would be pretty pissed off. But somehow he gets a break because "the team is not meshing." Right. Maybe his passes to Philly defenders last night were not his problem.
    I never said he should get a free pass. He was injured last year, so I am only looking at this year. He does need to pick it up, but he is not the only offensive guy on the team.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I wouldn't say it was ignored at the Jays game, but there was just a couple fights, dealt with, everything's fine now. No serious injuries.

The San Fran guy is still in a coma and possible brain damage. I heard this story a few days ago, but it's only picking up now cause they're trying to capture the two men responsible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alan Gordon for Captain...Not because of his goals, but because of his demeanour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    By the time old Terry rounds into form his contract will be up and he'll be sailing off into the sunset. He will end up being NYRB's higher paid and bigger named Mista.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta say terrys been pretty lackluster so far (both last season and this)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those standings are incorrect. We're actually in 3rd place in the East.

Just sayin.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eastern Conference

...Club.PTS.GP.W.L.T.GF.GA.GD
    .1 PhiU...9..4.3.1.0..3..1.+2
    .2 NER....6..5.1.1.3..5..6.-1
    .3 TFC....5..4.1.1.2..6..6..0
    .4 CoCr...5..4.1.1.2..3..3..0
    .5 NYRB...5..4.1.1.2..2..2..0
    .6 SKC....4..3.1.1.1..8..8..0
    .7 ChiF...4..3.1.1.1..5..5..0
    .8 DCUn...4..4.1.2.1..6..8.-2
    .9 HoDy...2..3.0.1.2..2..3.-1

Western Conference

.1 RSL....9..3.3.0.0..7..1.+6
    .2 CoRa...9..4.3.1.0..8..5.+3
    .3 LAGa...8..5.2.1.2..5..6.-1
    .4 VaWh...5..4.1.1.2..8..7.+1
    .5 SJE....5..4.1.1.2..5..4.+1
    .6 SSFC...5..5.1.2.2..5..6.-1
    .7 FCD....4..4.1.2.1..4..5.-1
    .8 Chiv...2..4.0.2.2..3..5.-2
    .9 PTim...1..3.0.2.1..2..6.-4

Combined
    .1 RSL....9..3.3.0.0..7..1.+6
    .2 CoRa...9..4.3.1.0..8..5.+3
    .3 PhiU...9..4.3.1.0..3..1.+2
    .4 LAGa...8..5.2.1.2..5..6.-1
    .5 NER....6..5.1.1.3..5..6.-1
    .6 VaWh...5..4.1.1.2..8..7.+1
    .7 SJE....5..4.1.1.2..5..4.+1
    .8 TFC....5..4.1.1.2..6..6..0
    .9 CoCr...5..4.1.1.2..3..3..0
    10 NYRB...5..4.1.1.2..2..2..0
    11 SSFC...5..5.1.2.2..5..6.-1
    12 SKC....4..3.1.1.1..8..8..0
    13 ChiF...4..3.1.1.1..5..5..0
    14 FCD....4..4.1.2.1..4..5.-1
    15 DCUn...4..4.1.2.1..6..8.-2
    16 HoDy...2..3.0.1.2..2..3.-1
    17 Chiv...2..4.0.2.2..3..5.-2
    18 PTim...1..3.0.2.1..2..6.-4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just in...the Toronto Sun is reporting that San Jose had 58% possession, TFC had 43% possession...for a grand total of 101% possession!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Watching the NY/PU game last night, Rafa Marquez was the best player on the pitch by far. Henry looks lost and disinterested. Hopefully he'll pick it up because at the moment he is not worth the money. I drool at the thought of Marquez in a TFC jersey. Service, hard work, awareness and he can actually lead the attack from the backline like few others.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    This just in...the Toronto Sun is reporting that San Jose had 58% possession, TFC had 43% possession...for a grand total of 101% possession!
    A couple of minutes of extra time?

A couple of players giving 110%?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    A couple of minutes of extra time?

A couple of players giving 110%?
    Maybe SJ got credit for kicking the ball around between halves.