Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC: A New Beginning on GolTV

Did anyone else see the program on GolTV, TFC: a New Beginning ?, it was pretty good actually gave me a little bit more hope for this season and for the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, bit fluffy at moments (which other people are sure to go into detail about) but overall decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like they really edited out DeRo...also it froze in a few spots, or is that just my Cogeco digital cable?

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most likley cogeco, my brother works for them and even i get the same problem lol, but yea it seems like they cut dero out and focused more of the footage on Santos and Frei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when they did show dero they really emphasized how unhappy he is (not surprised)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC "A New Beginning"

Again and again, round and round we go
    where we are heading, nobody knows!

Ball of confusion, that is what the team is today, hey hey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought was, a new beginning after 5 years? yikes. Somebody must've fucked up large to start all over in your 5th season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propaganda film.....no just kidding. I liked the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a link to the video on the TFC site. I'm just taking a look at it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this video is a
    "yes we Fucked up, yes we know it" but we will fuck up again.
    sugar coated screwed...

hmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A new 5 year plan! Awesome! Sunshine and Lollipops for everyone!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how they talk about a 'new' beginning as if there was ever really a first beginning.

Mikey

Toronto Groundhogs FC
    A new start...every season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised they didn't call it "we may not be good, but we're slow"
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad video. Actually, in terms of audios and visuals it was quite enjoyable, but let's be clear here, this is all about damage control. Make no mistake, it actually was very interesting and I like most of what I saw, but as a supporter first and a viewer second, I totally understood the intent.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really well done. But definitely sugar coated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am at a point now where I am no longer happy waiting for something good to finally happen. I am done waiting. There comes a point in any relationship where you have given as much as you can and now you expect something in return. I now expect this team to start making an effort with me and all the fans and trying to honestly win me over. Fluff like this does not do it. Lower concession prices. Freeze ST prices for the next 3 years. Bring in an exciting name as a DP. Something. If they're whole argument on why we should continue to be patient is "we have it right this time" I am going to say "no thanks, I am not trusting you anymore".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I am at a point now where I am no longer happy waiting for something good to finally happen. I am done waiting. There comes a point in any relationship where you have given as much as you can and now you expect something in return. I now expect this team to start making an effort with me and all the fans and trying to honestly win me over. Fluff like this does not do it. Lower concession prices. Freeze ST prices for the next 3 years. Bring in an exciting name as a DP. Something. If they're whole argument on why we should continue to be patient is "we have it right this time" I am going to say "no thanks, I am not trusting you anymore".
    I agree with you. The only successful thing around this team has been the one thing they don't have control over which is the support. Everything else has fallen apart year after year. I actualy cringed when I heard Paul Bierne say they now have a "20 year plan" on that video.
    Can you imagine if big corporations like Sony or Microsoft said you know what, our 5 year plan didnt work, we now have a 20 year plan. Buy our shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    I actualy cringed when I heard Paul Bierne say they now have a "20 year plan" on that video.
    If the attendance trend continues Paul Beirne might have to plan to fill out an EI report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I agree with you regarding ticket prices, concessions, a DP signing (preferably an attacking mid), etc. I wouldn't hold my breath regarding the cost of a beer at BMO Field, but there is a chance that MLSE will hold the line on ticket prices beyond next season (based on current sales), and history suggests that a 2nd DP is definitely not out of the question.

For the time being I am most concerned with the product on the pitch. The team has undergone a drastic roster overhaul over the last several weeks. Other than the positions at AM and RB, this is probably the most balanced roster that a TFC management regime has ever assembled. All we can reasonably expect at this point in time is for the club to demonstrate tangible improvement every week. After the debacle against Vancouver, I can honestly say that the club has been more cohesive and looked more effective with every passing match.

In the relatively brief history of this franchise, it already feels like we've endured an inordinate amount of controversy and negativity. While there is still a long road ahead to respectability, I believe there is finally legitimate cause for optimism.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-11-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like the video. Gave me goosebumps and got me excited for the next game.

The players love playing at BMO - they love the atmosphere we created.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I agree with you regarding ticket prices, concessions, DP signing (preferably an attacking mid), etc. I wouldn't hold my breath regarding the cost of a beer at BMO Field, but the there is a chance that MLSE will hold the line on ticket prices beyond next season (based on current sales), and history suggests that a 2nd DP is definitely not out of the question.

For the time being I am most concerned with the product on the pitch. The team has undergone a drastic roster overhaul over the last several weeks. Other than the positions at AM and RB, this is probably the most balanced roster that a TFC management regime has ever assembled. All we can reasonably expect at this point in time is for the club to demonstrate tangible improvement every week. After the debacle against Vancouver, I can honestly say that the club has been more cohesive and looked more effective with every passing match.

In the relatively brief history of this franchise, it already feels like we've endured an inordinate amount of controversy and negativity. While there is still a long road ahead to respectability, I believe there is finally legitimate cause for optimism.
    That's the thinking each time this team says "this time we've got it right". No thank you. My enthusiasm will be reserved for when there is tangible proof that we do have it right. They no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and im not trying to instigate anything Roogsy, but im really curious as to why follow the team? why read/watch/talk about them until MLSE has sold them on? If theres nothing worth being positive about why bother with the team at all, arent you putting yourself in a position of being unhappy when you could easily be happier?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    and im not trying to instigate anything Roogsy, but im really curious as to why follow the team? why read/watch/talk about them until MLSE has sold them on? If theres nothing worth being positive about why bother with the team at all, arent you putting yourself in a position of being unhappy when you could easily be happier?
    Why do Leafs fans complain about the team all the time, yet still go to the games, and watch on TV?

I still follow TFC, even though I have nothing good to say about the team, because I love football, and I am from Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny i was thinking the exact same thing when reading that.
    if a hobby causes so much frustration and gives you (from my impression) no satisfaction, why bother? i'd have already moved on to something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    funny i was thinking the exact same thing when reading that.
    if a hobby causes so much frustration and gives you (from my impression) no satisfaction, why bother? i'd have already moved on to something else.
    You might as well ask me why I havent left my wife.

At least in that situation I could possibly find love again, and I wouldnt have to leave the province to do it.

With TFC, once you're out, you're out.

I appreciate that you grew up watching an underachieving team and think its normal to expect humiliation every week, and this is part of your 'hobby'. You've said so yourself, however Im not of the opinion that this makes you more seasoned, intelligent or devout as a fan. I also dont think its an appropriate mindest for Toronto FC or any other MLS team.

I worry that when you support a team like that too much, you start to get offended when people talk about expectations and winning. In the small team's world, winning everything is something that is so out of reach, even trying to reach it is going to unbalance everything and lead to a fall.

We're not a small team in this league, and shouldn't act like one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That being said is it fair to give a man 2 months for a huge turn around and then lose all faith when it doent occur?
    at what point is there reason for positivity?

I guess im forever an optimist even when theres no reason for it (Mos gone! We have an FO that seemingly looks like they know what their doing!), doesnt mean you ignore the lows, but it also doesnt mean you ignore the highs (or mids in this case)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    You might as well ask me why I havent left my wife.

At least in that situation I could possibly find love again, and I wouldnt have to leave the province to do it.

With TFC, once you're out, you're out.

I appreciate that you grew up watching an underachieving team and think its normal to expect humiliation every week, and this is part of your 'hobby'. You've said so yourself, however Im not of the opinion that this makes you more seasoned, intelligent or devout as a fan. I also dont think its an appropriate mindest for Toronto FC or any other MLS team.

I worry that when you support a team like that too much, you start to get offended when people talk about expectations and winning. In the small team's world, winning everything is something that is so out of reach, even trying to reach it is going to unbalance everything and lead to a fall.

We're not a small team in this league, and shouldn't act like one.
    lets be clear, i dont expect "humiliation" every week (which if its a refference to TFC so far, a statement way blown out of proportion), i do expect that results will be based on the realistic current situation of the squad. and as i've stated before, i love winning just as the next dude, we all want that for our team. its just not the number one criteria for me to have fun supporting.

oh and that underachieving team that gets humiliated every week i support back home managed to get a 4-0 away victory with one of the youngest squads fielded in over a 100 years. those same fans also pack a 70.000 seat ground for every game despite being in a relegation spot before the winterstop. thats supporting a team, and guaranteed that those victories mean a hell of fuckin lot more then the ones from those teams that win every week because they toss money they dont really have around like water, and play for plastic fans that dont bother showing up first sign of trouble. i sure as shit know what club i'd have TFC be anyday.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like mentioned by ilikemusic...what's the point of following any team? Teams will frustrate us. The key point here is how we respond. I am not willing to give TFC a "blank cheque" any longer. That is the difference. Before, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, I'd buy merchandise willy nilly, I'd support every move they make, I'd promote the team personally to all friends and family. Now I am in "wait and see" mode where if they do well, I will be happy, if they don't, I will continue to pull my financial support more and more.

This team only understands dollars and cents. If blind support didn't get us to where we want to be, then other pressure must be applied.

As for happiness...only when I stopped allowing myself to be TFC's bitch did I realize how much stress I stopped feeling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha, now i understand, didnt know about the money bit, good idea.
    Just never gathered you got any satisfaction from the team in any manner, thanks for the input