Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    After losing to their bitterest rivals, these fans had to stay in the stadium.

what a disgrace these people are. They aren't real supporters, they just showed up to get drunk and be part of the show.

How could anyone dare to sing after such a crushing defeat....

These guys are nothing but a bunch of uneducated wannabe fans.

There are less "real" supporters than we think.

did you read it the police left them in their so fight wouldnt happen outside the grounds liverpool has the greatest fans shut up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no stranger to sarcasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THX CB

you da MAN!!!!!!! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    I am no stranger to sarcasm.
    LMAO

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what started off as a good thread about SONGS AND CHANTING (remember that back on page...1!) turned into this crap.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I stopped reading around page 3 or 4. SLBuu is right, take personal beefs or old (and mind numbingly discussed) issues to the pub and leave the rest of us out of it...we don't want to read it.

As for the chanting...you know why people don't want to join in, or get involved or why the supporters groups aren't growing like they did?...well, its due to a "we know best" mentality.

When RPB started, we knew what we wanted the support to be like, we had been to matches in the UK, South America etc...we knew chants, we knew how to get it going. BUT we didn't have the mentality of "this is how it needs to be". And people liked that, when we got to the stadium, it didn't feel like us and the rest of the fans...its was just fans. We had the numbers so we took the lead and people followed....

but who the hell wants to follow a bunch of arrogant internet dicks? not me. (no, I didn't just call all of you dicks, I'm saying, that is the perception).

All this talk about "casual supporters" and people who don't know what it means to support a club. Stop being such a bunch or judemental jerks, you drag everyone down with you. Worry about yourself and how you support the club. If you are confident in the effort that you put forward, then nothing else matters.

We need to get away from the "we know best" "we know real support" BS and just show up and party. Have a good time, sing your F'n heart out.
    Try to make the atmosphere at BMO better and not worry about our "performance", just get in there and give it your best.

End of Story
    QFFT

I couldnt agree more.

TO DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Jack, then why does the debate exists? Is it just me? If it is let me know, but we have had discussions that suggest that a division in core philosophies exist. Was I dreaming again...
    I don't mean to get involved but in our discussion earlier you mentioned that the RPB had no philosophy (i called it ideology), so if one doesn't exist, how can it be divided?

The fact that one core philosophy didn't exist IMO was the reason this group grew so fast and with such large numbers, because anyone could join and being RPB was being themselves in their own definition of being a supporter. So in 2000 perhaps there are 50 viewes of what being an RPB is and what being a supporter is suppose to be.
    None of them are wrong and neither of them are less of an RPB member, since the philosiphy was not to have one and enjoy the game the way you desire.

This IMO, as an outsider is what the real core of this discussion...not calendars, those are a product of the issue at hand.

Sorry...for putting my 2 cents, not an RPB, but i believe a strong RPB is good for all of us.

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    I don't mean to get involved but in our discussion earlier you mentioned that the RPB had no philosophy (i called it ideology), so if one doesn't exist, how can it be divided?

The fact that one core philosophy didn't exist IMO was the reason this group grew so fast and with such large numbers, because anyone could join and being RPB was being themselves in their own definition of being a supporter. So in 2000 perhaps there are 50 viewes of what being an RPB is and what being a supporter is suppose to be.
    None of them are wrong and neither of them are less of an RPB member, since the philosiphy was not to have one and enjoy the game the way you desire.

This IMO, as an outsider is what the real core of this discussion...not calendars, those are a product of the issue at hand.

Sorry...for putting my 2 cents, not an RPB, but i believe a strong RPB is good for all of us.
    that's actually the problem few of the original RPBs including me, had with the whole idea of self-declaration of new members.. Discounting all the things the originals did for the group..The new members seemed to do nothing to contribute to the group but benefit from the name of RPB.

This is why you had the layers of groups forming within the RPB. People who helped run the group and the rest of the people who would enjoy the ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what started off as a good thread about SONGS AND CHANTING (remember that back on page...1!) turned into this crap.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I stopped reading around page 3 or 4. SLBuu is right, take personal beefs or old (and mind numbingly discussed) issues to the pub and leave the rest of us out of it...we don't want to read it.

As for the chanting...you know why people don't want to join in, or get involved or why the supporters groups aren't growing like they did?...well, its due to a "we know best" mentality.

When RPB started, we knew what we wanted the support to be like, we had been to matches in the UK, South America etc...we knew chants, we knew how to get it going. BUT we didn't have the mentality of "this is how it needs to be". And people liked that, when we got to the stadium, it didn't feel like us and the rest of the fans...its was just fans. We had the numbers so we took the lead and people followed....

but who the hell wants to follow a bunch of arrogant internet dicks? not me. (no, I didn't just call all of you dicks, I'm saying, that is the perception).

All this talk about "casual supporters" and people who don't know what it means to support a club. Stop being such a bunch or judemental jerks, you drag everyone down with you. Worry about yourself and how you support the club. If you are confident in the effort that you put forward, then nothing else matters.

We need to get away from the "we know best" "we know real support" BS and just show up and party. Have a good time, sing your F'n heart out.
    Try to make the atmosphere at BMO better and not worry about our "performance", just get in there and give it your best.

End of Story
    This really should be the last word on this subject. It was said perfectly. Cheers.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bullshit dude. this thread was started as a response to some of the other threads that were grumbling about chanting 'This Is our House' in the GO tunnel and being 'Happy Go Lucky' at Shoeless after the loss. Some people said that being loud and proud after an embarrassing loss was wrong. This thread was nothing but a continuation to those other threads, which is why the 2nd post in here said:

ummm..... did this really require it's own thread? there's certainly enough places where it could have gone.
    I do appreciate your points, and you know I agree with them, but you added fuel to the fire when you started this thread. On that note.... love you all, see you at the match tonight.
    Last edited by Parkdale; 07-05-2008 at 07:02 AM.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

masrawy

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    This really should be the last word on this subject. It was said perfectly. Cheers.
    But how? If you're chiming in, you have to tell us how your method of support fits in. I'm dying to know where chanting "Let's go Blue Jays" and insulting Lombardo as he's warming up fits in with support. Do tell.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a supporters group our "job" is to:

During the game (Inside, outside the stadium):
    Cheer, chant, wave flags, banners, wear the colours, whatever! during the game to give the team encouragement. Even if they loose we stand behind them. Especially when they loose we should stand behind them. If they are real professionals this should motivate them to be better next time, and if they don’t (Like #96) then we as supporters who give 110% have the right to tell them to pack a bag and find another team.

Outside of the game:Make banners and come up with chants.

IMO - That's all. Everything else is “Extra”.

I'm glad that people are taking the initiative to do things like calendars, tailgates, charity stuff, but that's their initiatives on behalf of the group, not the groups’ initiative. If people don't jump on board to help with these "Extras" I don't think those running them feel slighted or unappreciated! It’s just not some people’s thing.

Aside from the Road Trips, if none of the other "Extras" existed, I'm sure the group would still be around. No offence to anyone, but if something like lets say RPB LIVE were to stop airing, I'm sure people would still come out to the games and wear the RPB colours. TFC is First, everything else is secondary. If this isn't true, please someone tell me and I'll abandon my membership now. I'm here to be a part of a TFC supporters group that has organized chants, banners, etc.

This topic of originals vs. newbies is getting really fucking old. I've been around since game 2 of last year...I'm no original, but I'm not a newbie. When I see someone who's new to the atmosphere at the stadium, kinda standing around, not chanting or they are repeating the same chant over and over again, I don't go over and say "WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM, GO SIT IN THE FAMILY SECTION".
    I try and guide them - introduce them to new chants, remind them every so often that "Hey Marvelle Wynne isn't on the field, lets try another chant", so that the next time they come, they know the deal.

On a final note I swear to fuck I'm going to call all of you whiney elitist bitches out on this board one day and you can tell the whole fucking internet world why you're so fucking great and why the rest of us are not real supporters. And if you convince everyone enough that we all should be sucking your dicks because RPB wouldn't exists without you, then all 10-15 of you can go out to the games and be real supporters while the other 20,085 of us stay at home and watch the game from our family oriented couches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post
    But how? If you're chiming in, you have to tell us how your method of support fits in. I'm dying to know where chanting "Let's go Blue Jays" and insulting Lombardo as he's warming up fits in with support. Do tell.

Well now it's obvious that you have no idea who I am. I never once chanted about the Blue Jays, nor did I hear anyone else do it but if they did, rest assured I think it's retarded.

As for the bonehead who insulted Lombardo...I'm the one who gave him shit for doing that. He wasn't one of the 8 of us. He was some "other" guy wearing one of those red/white/green carlsberg fuzzy headbands.

Masrawy, I was the guy who cheered a lot during the game. The guy who yelled at the referee from time to time....and the guy who participated in the first couple minutes of Forza T.O. at the end of the 1st half.

I was also the guy who got tired of standing right behind the drum and decided to move over to the side. I'm the guy who said nothing to anybody about their cheering methods.

Most importantly, I'm the guy who was told by a guy wearing a NEE scarf that I'm not a true supporter because I didn't chant up to his standards.

Just for the record..I'm also the guy who has only missed 2 home games since the beginning and the guy who went to N.Y. and Boston to support TFC.

Again...I lose, you win. You're the greatest supporter ever and I'm just a tourist. Can I please come and watch the game tonight against Pachuca?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/\ The saga continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post

BTW...please tell me how going out of your way to make a fellow TFC supporter feel unwelcome fits into your whole theory on "support".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    /\ The saga continues.

I'm sorry bud. I didn't want to keep this shit going but this guy's notions of me and who I am is grating on my nerves a touch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW...please tell me how going out of your way to make a fellow TFC supporter feel unwelcome fits into your whole theory on "support".
    I suggest if you feel unwelcome not stand in front of the drums next time mate. It wasn't as if you were struggling for seats in that stand. NEE is all about supporting TFC to their utmost. It's like a slap in the face to them to see someone complaining about singing too much. Nobody wants you to feel unwelcome, but if you have issues with the way everyone supports the boys it's best you change your surroundings in future to avoid any ill feelings.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry bud. I didn't want to keep this shit going but this guy's notions of me and who I am is grating on my nerves a touch.
    I understand you did your part in supporting the team. The degrees of support and opinion on whats acceptable is what the issue is. Don't feel unwelcome though that just sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    I suggest if you feel unwelcome not stand in front of the drums next time mate. It wasn't as if you were struggling for seats in that stand. NEE is all about supporting TFC to their utmost. It's like a slap in the face to them to see someone complaining about singing too much. Nobody wants you to feel unwelcome, but if you have issues with the way everyone supports the boys it's best you change your surroundings in future to avoid any ill feelings.
    I totally agree with what you're saying. That's exactly what I did. I moved down to the end of the section where I kept cheering and enjoyed the game.

And I've said this several times before. While I wasn't into the 15 minute chant thing....I also didn't tell anybody not to do it. It's not my place to tell somebody how to support TFC. If I disagree I just keep it to myself and move on.

Thanks for being rational about this.

Cheers. Hope you enjoy the Pachuca game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really sucks that we don't have page limits on threads anymore. We have nothing to shoot for now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yeah.... would have been nice if this one could close itself.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    ^ yeah.... would have been nice if this one could close itself.
    Some positives have come from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)