Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Funny. If you ask Rooney, he'd tell you the opposite of that. We get new members signing up every week.
    We once boasted over 2,000 members. What is the current statistics, I could be wrong but I recently informed that the membership from last year has been reduced. It could be the fact it costs $25... I'm just gong by what I have been told.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    That would be your opinion and some may share the same, but that doesn't mean everyone does. While some have been vocal about it, myself and Pat, others have been afraid to say things about it for the simple reason of being afraid of getting 'exiled' from the core group.

It's one of those things were people can contribute in non-gameday ways for the enjoyment of the group, without giving up their gameday support to the team. I don't think you have to sacrifice one for the other. If it's a case of saying all the peripheral stuff doesn't add to supporting the team, I don't think anyone would disagree with you. To say it doesn't add some extra enjoyment for those who choose to use it, would be wrong.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

blackandwhite

it;s friday 4pm.. .and this is what you guys have time for???
    FUCK OFF!! enjoy your weekend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread reminds me of Lord of the Flies. Sorry, back to topic.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    We once boasted over 2,000 members. What is the current statistics, I could be wrong but I recently informed that the membership from last year has been reduced. It could be the fact it costs $25... I'm just gong by what I have been told.

We once boasted 2000 board members. But that's a messageboard, nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    mmmm.... beer....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

irrelevant fact.

those were 2000 people signed up to a message board.
    this new board has only been running since May, so in time
    it will also have 2000 'registered members' (as opposed to RPB members)

the numbers don't mean much there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Is a job a job if you enjoy it?

Zen Paradox thread re title please!!!!

Sure, the ultimate goal should be getting a job that both pays well and is enjoyable. I enjoy my job 90% of the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wisnae me View Post
    Wouldn’t we have to have a group philosophy before encountering a philosophical difference ?
    My man, you were the first person I stood beside during a live match. And the philosophy was clear, we drink and party hard and enjoy supporting the club no matter what anyone says. Fuck em all, and enjoy the experience... But to me this is not 'a job' it's an awesome experience!!! We never felt if we stopped chanting for a moment we were no longer supporters... We just rocked the joint... This was the essence of RPB!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    It's one of those things were people can contribute in non-gameday ways for the enjoyment of the group, without giving up their gameday support to the team. I don't think you have to sacrifice one for the other. If it's a case of saying all the peripheral stuff doesn't add to supporting the team, I don't think anyone would disagree with you. To say it doesn't add some extra enjoyment for those who choose to use it, would be wrong.

Without giving up their gameday support? Like leaving early and showing up late so they can sell calenders?

Don't get me wrong, I fully supported the calender notion. Fantastic way to raise money, but as soon as it cuts into support... time to stop.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, the ultimate goal should be getting a job that both pays well and is enjoyable. I enjoy my job 90% of the time.
    The job of supporting TFC?

I'm enjoying my job right now....even though I'm on the board literally right now. Played Halo 3 like 10 minutes ago, also do more work in a day than ever before.

But I enjoy my job as a supporter 100% of the time (hows that for oneupsmanship). After a few years of supporting Birmingham I realized that if you don't find a way to enjoy football even when you are losing, you'll be very miserable. Luckily it looks like we wont be losing much...At least not at Birmingham levels

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

irrelevant fact.

those were 2000 people signed up to a message board.
    this new board has only been running since May, so in time
    it will also have 2000 'registered members' (as opposed to RPB members)

the numbers don't mean much there.
    So then we are not growing or shrinking... RPB began when membership began. Is this what I'm to understand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post

A-Fucking-Men

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    The job of supporting TFC?

I'm enjoying my job right now....even though I'm on the board literally right now. Played Halo 3 like 10 minutes ago, also do more work in a day than ever before.

But I enjoy my job as a supporter 100% of the time (hows that for oneupsmanship). After a few years of supporting Birmingham I realized that if you don't find a way to enjoy football even when you are losing, you'll be very miserable. Luckily it looks like we wont be losing much...At least not at Birmingham levels
    And that is the "CRUX" of the matter... Just enjoy the way you like to support... No specific rules, just rock on...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So then we are not growing or shrinking... RPB began when membership began. Is this what I'm to understand?

not at all, we just didn't have a very accurate way of counting the number of members. Now we do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is the "CRUX" of the matter... Just enjoy the way you like to support... No specific rules, just rock on...
    I agree with this completely. But sadly, like many religions and cultures acting naturally in ones own way often offends another acting naturally in their own way.

(also there's no context in the RPB started with membership comment above to Parky. Signing up for RPB messageboard does not equal being RPB)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and that.... would be very annoying to some people who think that there's a set way to be a supporter. If you're just enjoying the way you like to support and that can include knocking out 5 minutes early to go do something not related to the game, then who's to judge that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My man, you were the first person I stood beside during a live match. And the philosophy was clear, we drink and party hard and enjoy supporting the club no matter what anyone says. Fuck em all, and enjoy the experience... But to me this is not 'a job' it's an awesome experience!!! We never felt if we stopped chanting for a moment we were no longer supporters... We just rocked the joint... This was the essence of RPB!!
    And it is time to get back to that essence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and that.... would be very annoying to some people who think that there's a set way to be a supporter. If you're just enjoying the way you like to support and that can include knocking out 5 minutes early to go do something not related to the game, then who's to judge that?
    OMG... did Sparky just see the light?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG... did Sparky just see the light?

Not really, the one thing you do... do... is stay and urge on the team... And party while doing it. Showing up 15min late and then leaving 15min before the end... well then you actually are not supporting the club any more....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe I did. maybe I didn't.

There's lot s of cases of someone saying I was chanting away, then I got thirsty so I left to get some water... and then someone else will jump in with A real supporter never leaves his seat. I've always believe that both of those people should be able to get along, as long as they're both enjoying their personal experiences. If someone wants to book out early to sell calendars for charity, then that's their choice. If someone wants to stand in the seats until they turn the lights out, that's their choice too. I just get pissed when one side claims a high ground over the other.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wisnae me View Post
    And it is time to get back to that essence.
    I live it on a daily basis... And I love living!!! I can't wait to get back and cheer for my club!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really, the one thing you do... do... is stay and urge on the team... And party while doing it. Showing up 15min late and then leaving 15min before the end... well then you actually are not supporting the club any more....

better to support for the time you are there than not at all.

yes... I know that will sound part-time, but I think people can do what they like.

If you can't sing, play a drum.
    If you can't drum, wave a flag.
    If you can't wave a flag, just wear red and jump.
    It takes all kinds. IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said, I supported and still support the Calender shit but leaving the game before it's over and coming in late to help a charity is not something that supporters should do. The team is always #1 for a supporter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe I did. maybe I didn't.

There's lot s of cases of someone saying I was chanting away, then I got thirsty so I left to get some water... and then someone else will jump in with A real supporter never leaves his seat. I've always believe that both of those people should be able to get along, as long as they're both enjoying their personal experiences. If someone wants to book out early to sell calendars for charity, then that's their choice. If someone wants to stand in the seats until they turn the lights out, that's their choice too. I just get pissed when one side claims a high ground over the other.
    Though I see the point you are making. Couldn't it be said that you are then supporting a charity and no longer supporting the club. I know, this is semantics, but I think it's an important paradigm shift to understand.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is there something wrong with the way we support our club?

We chant, sing, make banners, travel and generally stand behind our club 100%. We live and breathe TFC and have a damn good time doing so.

That's always been the philosophy.

I don't see how it's changed.

There are other activities that go on, of course, but they are secondary.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Is there something wrong with the way we support our club?

We chant, sing, make banners, travel and generally stand behind our club 100%. We live and breathe TFC and have a damn good time doing so.

That's always been the philosophy.

I don't see how it's changed.

There are other activities that go on, of course, but they are secondary.

Jack I agree with you aside from the last part. When it interfere's with supporting the club during the 90+mins of play, it's not longer secondary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said, I supported and still support the Calender shit but leaving the game before it's over and coming in late to help a charity is not something that supporters should do. The team is always #1 for a supporter.
    So because I chose to do some good, and leave a few minutes early, all of a sudden I'm a bad supporter?

Fuck right off.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jack I agree with you aside from the last part. When it interfere's with supporting the club during the 90+mins of play, it's not longer secondary.
    We're talking about one thing. Something specific that happened in the past.

I don't understand this perception that we've gotten away from our "core" values.

It's bullshit.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is similar to what I was going to suggest...