Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Monday,Apr.04.

Mornin'

No TFC News for now,please post here if you find some.

SUNSHINE
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jutro

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed girls 1 and 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:::THIS JUST IN:::

Fuck off Quakes! Fuck off Dawkins! Fuck off Corrales!

that is all.

NORB.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FAN 590 is reporting that Winter is declaring a closed locker room to the media after games...Players would be available for interviews at a designated time after games.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ben Rycroft posted this raw audio of DeRosario's first media scrum in which he contradicts his statements in Wheeler's Sun article.

Question: Did you ask for a trade?
    Answer: At first no but...

Also towards the end it suggests that DeRo's agent was the one who contacted New York first.

Anyways, I'm pretty tired of all of this but given the legs Wheeler's article had yesterday a direct audio transcript that counters it is worth sharing.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...o-on-the-trade

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamperina View Post
    FAN 590 is reporting that Winter is declaring a closed locker room to the media after games...Players would be available for interviews at a designated time after games.
    Heard it as well on the drive back from work. Big time no-no according to the league. Normally, I wouldn't really have an issue with this - dressing rooms are off-limits to reporters in most soccer leagues around the world, but we're a pretty secretive team as it is in most respects and I think if anything, we need more transparency from our players, coaches, and staff.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 04-05-2011 at 05:01 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for the ban, access has already been agreed upon to the players after the game elsewhere within 15 minutes, location shouldn't matter to the journalists though it should to the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think its only normal to not have the press in the locker room right after the match. coach needs to do his thing, players need to be able to decompress and let them take a shower ffs. this is a typical north american thing in sports but good on winter for putting his foot down on what goes on in his locker room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from Molinaro, Sharman and others tweets, it sounds like the players will still be made available, just not in the locker room (think they said in the gym).

and as long as winter is willing to take any heat from the league (which the org has probably made him aware of give the Carver experience), I'm okay with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just dont see why the press needs to be in there right after the game to begin with. is there any benefit to it? i dont know of any. if it is a rule in MLS then its completely moronic.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't care about access right after the match. I'm either at the stadium ar the pub. As long as they talk about it at some point.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    i just dont see why the press needs to be in there right after the game to begin with. is there any benefit to it? i dont know of any. if it is a rule in MLS then its completely moronic.
    The only benefit is for lazy media guys that want to add a few quotes to their post-game stories.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS rumours posted a picture of the note stating all that

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Access to players after the game is important IMO. get the players take on the game while it's still fresh. But it should be after the team has met with the manager and they debrief about what just transpired.

Also - Locker room access to the media is dumb IMO. That area should be a players safe haven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can this team just be without drama for like 2 days?

Very tiring.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    think its only normal to not have the press in the locker room right after the match. coach needs to do his thing, players need to be able to decompress and let them take a shower ffs. this is a typical north american thing in sports but good on winter for putting his foot down on what goes on in his locker room.
    Good on Winter for doing something against the rules of the league?

I don't disagree with the rationale behind why someone would want to do this, but the question is can he and should he considering he isn't allowed to?

Should he be allowed to pick and choose what rules to follow? Man the standards of the people on this board are pretty inconsistent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Didn't Carver try something like this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Good on Winter for doing something against the rules of the league?

I don't disagree with the rationale behind why someone would want to do this, but the question is can he and should he considering he isn't allowed to?

Should he be allowed to pick and choose what rules to follow? Man the standards of the people on this board are pretty inconsistent.
    Anyone have the specific wording on everything? Does it SPECFICALLY have to be the locker room? Does the Gym count as "technically" part of the locker room?

Another thing, too many people in this world tend to confuse "rules" with "being right". Having a spot for the team and team alone is obviously important and desired by the team. They believe this "rule" to be wrong and are taking a stand, is there anything wrong with standing up for what you believe is "right" ? No.

I'm sure MLSE can afford whatever fines come our way and would put a stop to this if they have a problem. Doesn't appear that way yet. In the end, the media appears to be getting full access to the players in the gym, so what's the difference anyways? Everyone is seemingly getting what they want.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you've noticed, over the past two weeks the player post game interviews have been from the gym - usually as they have been on stationary bikes doing a post game cool down or something. As long as the media get their access, does it really matter where the interview takes place?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With so many devices capable of taking pictures or video nowadays, things have changed regarding the appropriate time and place for player access.

MLSE, of course, have long laughed past league rules by letting the Leafs media immediately cluster into an empty dressing room full of sweaty, stinky gear at the ACC.

Meanwhile, the players loaf and lounge in their 'Back 40' behind closed doors, getting groomed and primed for interviews and eventually one or two appear in good time to mumble sweet, cliched nothings. The rest all leave by the back doors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From here: http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...sports-culture

"According to the letter of the law, section 6.11.1 of the 2011 MLS Operations Manual dictates that “…the Team dressing rooms must be opened to the media no later than 10 minutes after a game,” and “any violations of these rules may result in fines” (via SBNation). So there’s no debate as to who’s in the right here as far as the rules are concerned."

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"may result" is the key phrase.

I think the interpretation is there that the goal of the "law" is to allow the media to access the players in a timely fashion. As long as Winter does that, be it the "dressing room" or the "media room", I fail to see this being an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LucaGol View Post
    Can this team just be without drama for like 2 days?

Very tiring.
    Unfortunately, no...

I used to say "...there's two things certain in life, death and taxes..."

Now I think that should read "...there's three things certain in like, death, taxes, and people bitching online about TFC..."

Sadly, people will always bitch about something...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by killgod View Post
    They believe this "rule" to be wrong and are taking a stand, is there anything wrong with standing up for what you believe is "right" ? No.

Don't get me started on this point. I get the feeling people's position on this will be oddly hypocritical.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I don't really see what the big deal is about whether it takes place in the locker room or the gym.

having said that, winter can't just go along making up his own rules. there's got to be a lot of things about mls that would annoy any coach, is this one really worth taking a stand about?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    "may result" is the key phrase.

I think the interpretation is there that the goal of the "law" is to allow the media to access the players in a timely fashion. As long as Winter does that, be it the "dressing room" or the "media room", I fail to see this being an issue.
    I am beginning to question your comprehension Pookie. The "may result" part of the rule only applies to fines, not to the actual rule of locker room access. Strictly speaking, there is no room for deviation here only with regards to the punishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you rather people be bitching about TFC? Or not talking about them at all?

the opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. Could be worse IMO.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I am beginning to question your comprehension Pookie. The "may result" part of the rule only applies to fines, not to the actual rule of locker room access. Strictly speaking, there is no room for deviation here only with regards to the punishment.
    Holy moly. If there is no punishment or "room for deviation", how exactly would this rule be enforced?

Is Garber going to send in some hired goons to pry open the dressing room at the 10:00 minute mark?

They are simply saying that they expect the players to be available in a timely manner and teams that violate that could face a fine. If TFC makes players available in the spirit of that rule, there is no issue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Holy moly. If there is no punishment or "room for deviation", how exactly would this rule be enforced?

Is Garber going to send in some hired goons to pry open the dressing room at the 10:00 minute mark?

They are simply saying that they expect the players to be available in a timely manner and teams that violate that could face a fine. If TFC makes players available in the spirit of that rule, there is no issue.

I assume you have kids?

Are you telling me there aren't different levels and ways to modify behaviour?

Are you telling me the league can't simply ASK the team to speak to Winter and get him to open the locker room before they fine him?

If not, I wouldn't want to be your kid that's for sure.