Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    One thing is certain, until MLSE is sold, I don't see DeRo coming back to TFC in a front office capacity.
    What would DeRo do in the front office? Dichio and Brennan are at least working with the academies, doing something useful, What skills do Dero bring? MLSE would be better off hiring DeRo's barber, then paying him to cut off his fingers so that nobody else on the team ever looks like that dickweed again.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Whether Wheeler's article is factual or not, a player indictment of the previous regime is hardly a revelation to those of us that have been following the club since day one.

It's in the past, and it's time to move on.
    Agreed. And we have a 21 year old, 6'4" midfielder that is supposedly "impossible to knock off the ball"

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play.

As for the Attakora comment, I like him. But he hasn't exactly excelled in the preseason and in Vancouver. We've brought in 2 defenders in 2 days. Perhaps, his contract situation is reflective of where Winter and Mariner have assessed his ability to play in the system?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What i want to know is who is going to replace the 12-15 goals dero would score for us in a season. I hope Winter has a b plan for this.

Good weather , cold beers , gameday boys..

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtaguy View Post
    What i want to know is who is going to replace the 12-15 goals dero would score for us in a season. I hope Winter has a b plan for this.

Good weather , cold beers , gameday boys..
    ^ so you think that TFC as a team will score a total of 18-21 goals this year without DeRo? (last year's total was 33).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good reads. Glad it's all over though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some of you won't venture into the DeRo thread but this is what I posted there in relation to Wheeler's article.

I think it's more he said, she said.

The Celtic thing - I said before - someone should be fired over bungling that one. At first I thought it was Brennan that gave him permission because Cochrane was saying he didn't. So it appears Cochrane was lying to cover his ass. (Also as an aside, his trade for Sturgis isn't looking good now either.)
    I'm not a fan of Cochrane (I think that Sturgis deal was comical) but isn't it possible that DeRo is lying to cover his ass? Newspaper quotes aren't given under oath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE: Non-sports people running your company. Tsk Tsk.

It has been said many times already that TFC is a "clash of unqualified people" running the team like its their own. If NYRB is willing to make DeRosario a DP I would support that move. Simply because it makes sense, the numbers back DeRosario, and the quality of his play warrants DP status.

This was a completely unreasonable move. It didn't need to happen and it speaks to the management being brain-dead when it comes to this sport and every sport being run under the MLSE banner.

Aron Winter and the 4-3-3: If anything I think Aron Winter got a decent young midfielder who wont mind playing his role, as oppose to a secondary striker playing in the midfield and expected to make tackles and chase people down. Cover for the defense is a positive, if you plan on running this formation into the upcoming seasons and the first round pick in 2012 was traded to the team implies that.

IMO, this is a decent trade formation-wise, but the question is how does this affect the player morale when the best producing player on the team is thrown out the door kicking and screaming when he asked for a new contract(that he was "within reason" to renegotiate). I hope Aron Winter has the balls to tell everyone on the team that the trade was in DeRosario's best interest as well as the team moving forward towards building a "competitive" team for this season and the next 2 afterwards.

Everyone Has Evaluated This Trade Correctly: The trade was fairly even and It comes down to the goals. Replacing the goal numbers that DeRosario takes with him to NYRB. There's no one on the team thats a true goal scorer, there's players on the team that are good skill-wise, but lack a poacher mentality finishing-wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    I'm not a fan of Cochrane (I think that Sturgis deal was comical) but isn't it possible that DeRo is lying to cover his ass? Newspaper quotes aren't given under oath.
    Lizzy, since you are new to the forum, why dont you click on the "search" button on the website and do a search for "MLSE" and take notes on how many times we've seen this "lack of credibility" from this management team.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Celtic thing - I said before - someone should be fired over bungling that one. At first I thought it was Brennan that gave him permission because Cochrane was saying he didn't. So it appears Cochrane was lying to cover his ass. (Also as an aside, his trade for Sturgis isn't looking good now either.)
    I missed this. I guess if DeRo has Earl Cochrane's signature on something, he could produce it if he wanted to let everyone know he was in the right?

Clearly, if Celtic stopped his training/trial because the documents weren't in order, DeRo could have produced the "official, legally binding" document with signature that he indicates he has every legal right to be there.

Nice piece of paper he supposedly has. It would clear everything up wouldn't it? End the situation, highlight the truth and he could salvage his reputation.

So, ummm... ever see it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what you have an agent for. You think pro athletes run around looking for pieces of paper and working out specifics on these types of things?

The more quotes that came out from Cochrane the more the situation smelled like a fuck up from the TFC FO. First they didn't know anything, then it was he told them he was going to trial and they said "ok" but there was no when-where specifics. Then another variation of the story really came down to a piece of paper (and really, what are you an admin assistant? who cares about a piece of paper!).

On top of that there was a whole backdrop of strife with MLSE trying to sort out the executive search and Earl pulling the trigger on deals he probably had no business in doing.

If this was court and guilt was beyond a reasonable doubt, you would have absolutely no case that Dero is mainly at fault here.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ I'd agree. If he has this signed legally binding document, no fault of his at all. Now, Mr De Rosario, why didn't you produce this signed document to Celtic? Why haven't you entered it into evidence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ^ I'd agree. If he has this signed legally binding document, no fault of his at all. Now, Mr De Rosario, why didn't you produce this signed document to Celtic? Why haven't you entered it into evidence?
    paper work is for agents and front office staff, playing is for players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the Attakora comment, I like him. But he hasn't exactly excelled in the preseason and in Vancouver. We've brought in 2 defenders in 2 days. Perhaps, his contract situation is reflective of where Winter and Mariner have assessed his ability to play in the system?
    It will be good to see the new management take control of the club. In the four years so far, has any player ever resigned with TFC and stayed with the team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all the dero haters now have proof, (from deros side) that he did what he could to play in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ so you think that TFC as a team will score a total of 18-21 goals this year without DeRo? (last year's total was 33).
    What i was referring to was having a proven goal scorer. a bit of a poacher and a finisher. As much as i like santos and martina i don't think they will get more then 10 from them. hope im wrong and they both step it up but i still think we need a proven and reliable goal scorer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Lizzy, since you are new to the forum, why dont you click on the "search" button on the website and do a search for "MLSE" and take notes on how many times we've seen this "lack of credibility" from this management team.
    No need - I'm a Leaf and Raptor fan as well. I know all about MLSE. But I've heard and seen more than enough from DeRo here, in Houston, and with the CMNT that won't allow me to believe a word he says.

And you can leave out the condescension you arrogant prick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

snap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh snap

condensation is bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That smoke and mirrors article sure makes TFC management look bush league. Can't wait till MLSE is sold.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I had a sig so I could make it this quote

“There has been upwards of 100 players to come through the doors at TFC, and not all of them have been bad players. Six coaches in five years too. What kind of organization works like that? They should look at how they are doing business.” - DeRosario