Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What if ...

Quote Originally Posted by ManU4ever View Post
    (sigh) It will be a shame if Mo is turned down because of the Godforesaken fieldturf issue. If quality free agents continue to shun TFC as a result of the pitch at BMO, perhaps upper management will see the light and conclude their plans to consider a grass surface as early as next season...
    Could someone tell me why we could not lay natural turf down for the summer and move it off the field for the off-season? Didn't they have to do something similar to that for Moscow and the Champions League final? I remember seeing them with turf being grown in boxes and were going to lay it out for the final. It's not as complex as the one stadium in Asia where the turf is rolled in and out depending on the event. The sections could be removed and kept somewhere like Downsview in a greenhouse or something similar so it could be maintained over the winter. In the summer, irrigation could be achieved by capturing rain water from the Ricoh and other CNE buildings. Spare sections could be maintained in the event there is too much damage in the penalty areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Dickov???? No thanks. We need strikers with pace and can actually score goals. Dickov isn't known for that. Besides, he is 35 years old now.
    How do you know that this trend would continue? He has had a good spell at Blackpool and besides... what is the risk, providing that they don't use the DP slot? It can't get any worse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madzap View Post
    Could someone tell me why we could not lay natural turf down for the summer and move it off the field for the off-season? Didn't they have to do something similar to that for Moscow and the Champions League final? I remember seeing them with turf being grown in boxes and were going to lay it out for the final. It's not as complex as the one stadium in Asia where the turf is rolled in and out depending on the event. The sections could be removed and kept somewhere like Downsview in a greenhouse or something similar so it could be maintained over the winter. In the summer, irrigation could be achieved by capturing rain water from the Ricoh and other CNE buildings. Spare sections could be maintained in the event there is too much damage in the penalty areas.
    I have heard from a certain exec that this is being strongly considered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    Robert is talented no doubt, but he's a lazy cunt, we don't need lazy cunts, end of.
    I don't think he's as lazy as he is frustrated, he continues to pass the ball to no avail. I would think his output would be more appreciated when we get a striker that can finish.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hes just a whiny player! If he doesnt like it our turf then he can piss off! We dont need him!

Am I right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno bout Robert leaving, I do however see Cunny and Dunny leaving (along with allocations from trading off Conde to NYRB).
    Really dont think Robert is in any danger at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Dunno bout Robert leaving, I do however see Cunny and Dunny leaving (along with allocations from trading off Conde to NYRB).
    Really dont think Robert is in any danger at this point.
    If Dunny is going anywhere, it won't be until that ankle heals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liam Miller is also training with the team. No mention of him on Mo Weekly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave Miller told that the field turf has become an issue. So if he is involved then people (read: TFC and MLSE) are pushing for change. Ultimately it is the city's call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Liam Miller is also training with the team. No mention of him on Mo Weekly?
    What? Do you have a link for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    What? Do you have a link for this?
    Someone posted in the usector board. No link to a news service, but it’s not the kind of thing that you are likely to make up:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=7090

It’s the second post in the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just keep an eye out here for the undated episode (if they update it soon that is).

http://www.goltv.ca/programming/extra_time/

Oh, and Dickov haters out there, I know its a youtube video but somehow I never see Cunny playing like this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V99opxrgjyQ
    Last edited by Corpand; 07-02-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Dickov would be a good addition in that he could help get us over the hump in some of these close games. I’d like to see us make a couple of additions, at least one younger forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO if they signed both, you would see Hucks AND Dickov up front. Dichio from the bench.

I'm not a Dickov fan at all, but a 35 year old Dickov is better than Dichio at any age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    How do you know that this trend would continue? He has had a good spell at Blackpool and besides... what is the risk, providing that they don't use the DP slot? It can't get any worse
    So who should be cut to make room for him? I am sure he is going to ask for a lot of money as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    So who should be cut to make room for him? I am sure he is going to ask for a lot of money as well.
    Not sure. I would think the best thing to do would be to trade one of the I strikers we currently have (Cunningham being the most likely given his salary). Because we gained an I slot in the Phelan deal it also makes the S players available. Such as Harmse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunny and Edu can both fuck-off, 'they' say (whomever 'They' are?) Edu is supposed to have promise, but I have not seen it, last year he looked good because TFC where not as good in midfield as they are now with Guevara and Robert, Dunivant could surely take Edu's spot,no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Cunny and Edu can both fuck-off, 'they' say (whomever 'They' are?) Edu is supposed to have promise, but I have not seen it, last year he looked good because TFC where not as good in midfield as they are now with Guevara and Robert, Dunivant could surely take Edu's spot,no?
    I agree Edu has been shit this season, but he has a huge upside still unlike someone like Dunivant. Also, trading Dunivant wouldn't be a bad idea. He got some decent value in the market. Trade or cut Dunivant and Cunny will be enough to add couple of new players once the window is open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Edu goes... there wouldn't be much of a need to replace him. Change the formation and there is no hole. Backup would be Hemming or Harmse with a midfield consisting of Ricketts Guevara Robert and Huckerby or Dickov. Danny and Hucks or Dickov up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that if TFC could compete without Edu (particularly in term of what he’s bringing to the team right now). I don’t see how Dunivant would slot in for him. We don’t exactly have another box-to-box midfielder right now. We have a couple of players who could play a defensive midfield roll however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Edu goes... there wouldn't be much of a need to replace him. Change the formation and there is no hole. Backup would be Hemming or Harmse with a midfield consisting of Ricketts Guevara Robert and Huckerby or Dickov. Danny and Hucks or Dickov up front.
    I would like to see Tebily actually try out Edu's position. I think he could be effective there. But I agree with having a 4-4-2 formation. That's if we have 2 decent strikers of course.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Field turf is not going anywhere,just find players that are wiling to play on it and move forward,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I would like to see Tebily actually try out Edu's position. I think he could be effective there. But I agree with having a 4-4-2 formation. That's if we have 2 decent strikers of course.
    I am thinking I would like to see Guevara and Robbo in the center with Robert and Ricketts on the wings. Then put Hucks and Dickov up front assuming that they sign with Dichio and Smith coming off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Field turf is not going anywhere,just find players that are wiling to play on it and move forward,
    If the CSA can put it in for the CMNT then there is no reason why TFC would not be able to do the same. (Mo mentioned on extra time that the CMNT are looking into it and I think he was being very cautious about letting his opinion known).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This lineup I could definitely live with. I'd be happier with Dickov and Dichio as depth opposed to Dichio and Cunny.

-------Huckerby-Dickov---------
    Robert----Guevara-------Ricketts
    ----------Robinson--------------
    Brennan-Tebily----Marshall--Wynne
    ------------Sutton--------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    This lineup I could definitely live with. I'd be happier with Dickov and Dichio as depth opposed to Dichio and Cunny.

-------Huckerby-Dickov---------
    Robert----Guevara-------Ricketts
    ----------Robinson--------------
    Brennan-Tebily----Marshall--Wynne
    ------------Sutton--------------
    Swap Velez for Marshall and I like it. Velez has been playing out of his mind since week 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the CSA can put it in for the CMNT then there is no reason why TFC would not be able to do the same. (Mo mentioned on extra time that the CMNT are looking into it and I think he was being very cautious about letting his opinion known).
    True in theory but how long does a temporary grass pitch sitting on top of a tarp on top of FieldTurf actually last?

It's one kettle of fish to do it for a one off but to do it for a whole season is very different.

Can a grass field be maintained on ten inches of earth with limited drainage for an entire season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    True in theory but how long does a temporary grass pitch sitting on top of a tarp on top of FieldTurf actually last?

It's one kettle of fish to do it for a one off but to do it for a whole season is very different.

Can a grass field be maintained on ten inches of earth with limited drainage for an entire season?
    I sure hope they try to find out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking I would like to see Guevara and Robbo in the center with Robert and Ricketts on the wings. Then put Hucks and Dickov up front assuming that they sign with Dichio and Smith coming off the bench.
    Yeah I'm with you. Just saying if we don't get those two solid strikers and we play 4-5-1 then I'd like to see Tebily have a shot at DM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Yeah I'm with you. Just saying if we don't get those two solid strikers and we play 4-5-1 then I'd like to see Tebily have a shot at DM.
    I totally agree, he could play there. He has good vision and distribution abilities. The lack of distribution from Edu and Robbo in recent weeks has been shocking.