Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Huckerby has a concern with the field turf :(

Mo's on goltv and in an interview with paul he said huckerby has a concern with it

Also said "he hopes he can get them BOTH signed"

Also said he's been showing him around the city though and things have been going well.

olegunnar

Someone else is watching this!
    I made a post about it and got no reaction.
    Seriously...extra time with mo is gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so gold! Seems like Mo when put under the pressure from paul and the other guy, he squeeks out details he normally wouldn't do

olegunnar

The size of the field on the road vs at home, and how it affects defenders positioning was interesting.
    Mo's description of NERs first goal was pretty sad.
    "Marvell didn't close down his man, then Tyrone got under the ball, and Edwards fell alseep, Jimmy too feel asleep and got caught watching" Made it seem like a total team effort giving up the goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's right though. As much as Marvel is fast, he doesn't close down the space fast enough and doesn't properly mark sometimes. Paul was right though that we just don't get the breaks that the other team does.

Either way, I hope Huckerby can see that the turf isn't as bad as he thinks and we can get them both signed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet jesus boys, keep the info coming! Is the show over?

olegunnar

Paul James is going to break down our defense and goals conceeded against NER right now.

olegunnar

That was depressing!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously if we are going to lose players because of the surface then MLE has to sit and talk about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(sigh) It will be a shame if Mo is turned down because of the Godforesaken fieldturf issue. If quality free agents continue to shun TFC as a result of the pitch at BMO, perhaps upper management will see the light and conclude their plans to consider a grass surface as early as next season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManU4ever View Post
    (sigh) It will be a shame if Mo is turned down because of the Godforesaken fieldturf issue. If quality free agents continue to shun TFC as a result of the pitch at BMO, perhaps upper management will see the light and conclude their plans to consider a grass surface as early as next season...
    yeah............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, what's depressing. I don't get GolTV so a recap would be much appreciated so far.

- Mo wants both Dickov and Huckerby
    - Huckerby rightly fears the turf because of his injuries
    - Paul James put everyone to sleep with his commentary

did I miss something?

One thing I find interesting is we don't have any open senior spots. If Mo wants to sign both could it be the end for Cunny and Robert?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    Okay, what's depressing. I don't get GolTV so a recap would be much appreciated so far.

did I miss something?

One thing I find interesting is we don't have any open senior spots. If Mo wants to sign both could it be the end for Cunny and Robert?
    End of Cunny? You can bet your kids on that. End of Robert? I don't see why he would get rid of such a talented player. He's the reason why we're looking for strikers who can finish in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pauls' commentary imo is quite informational. Could we really spare to lose Robert?

olegunnar

did I miss something?

Paul James breaking down the goals was what was depressing.

1st goal. He freeze framed at the beginning when Ricketts and Wynn were 5 yards off of Castro rather than closing him down. Jame's quote was "if I didn't block a cross my dad wouldn't speak to me for a day".
    Then the next freeze frame was Marshall missing the header and Brennan ball watching and forgetting about Rolston who was behind him and quicker to react...goal.
    2nd goal. He freeze framed on when Joeseph made his through ball...3 defenders in good position, Wynn in a bad body position, back to the player, no way to intercept the pass.
    Next freeze frame was Wynn no where close to closing down castro and allowing the cross. "most goals come from crosses" or so says Paul James.
    Next freeze frame was Brennan, Marshall and Velez all flat footed and ball watching when the ball went off the bar, meanwhile NER attackers are active and reacting faster.
    Next shot was Rolston playing balerina while our defenders flopped around...no one closing him down to block the shot.

It was depressing in that Paul James made the defensive lapses seem so basic and obvious, hardly the kind of mistakes a good team would make.

Nothing like freeze frames and telestrators to show how bad you are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did I miss something?

End of Cunny fore sure. It will be interesting who else he will let go. Will it be Edu to Europe, or perhaps Dunivant waived ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't listen to it, but that seems about right for what I saw.

More like, nothing like a tv personality telling the same story that was told on our boards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManU4ever View Post
    What's depressing is the number of times several of us have said this is happening (ie we're losing players over the turf), but, no matter what the evidence is, a huge, vocal contingent of apologists (who I swear to God must work for Fieldturf) rip anyone on here who dares question "the future".
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we need two senior spots and about 500K in cash (Robert and Cunny fit that bill). Dickov and Huckerby will both be starters and if thats the case is very plausible that Huckerby will play left wing instead of striker. He's played as a winger for Norwich for some time now. Plus, these guys would move to a different continent for more than a one year deal, so even though half the season is over and its half the hit against the cap, we will need the cap space for next year to retain them.

-----------Dichio Dickov
    Huckerby-Robbo---Guevara-Ricketts
    Brennan-Tebily---- Marshall--Wynne
    AND FOR F*@* SAKES SUTTON

and I'm not sure but Edu is a GA guy still? I think he's a developmental player then and not a full senior roster player, not sure though
    Last edited by DigzTFC!; 07-02-2008 at 06:44 PM.

olegunnar

Purely speculation...but I don't think Robert is on firm ground.
    If someone better comes along (especially someone decent at dead ball situations) I could see him getting axed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we picked up an international spot in the Phelan deal, so we would only need to find 1 spot.....Bye Bye Cunny for sure.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What's depressing is the number of times several of us have said this is happening (ie we're losing players over the turf), but, no matter what the evidence is, a huge, vocal contingent of apologists (who I swear to God must work for Fieldturf) rip anyone on here who dares question "the future".
    I am not sure that we have lost anybody yet... but if Hucks doesn't sign based on this shit, I will be leading the midnight turf raid 2008. Safe as it may be... the bottom line is ability to attract players to play on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edu is no longer Generation Adidas... neither is Wynne. mlsintoronto said as much to me in the spring.

what's the point they said about the field size? BMO's pitch is smaller than other stadia?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    End of Cunny? You can bet your kids on that. End of Robert? I don't see why he would get rid of such a talented player. He's the reason why we're looking for strikers who can finish in the first place.
    Robert is talented no doubt, but he's a lazy cunt, we don't need lazy cunts, end of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    I am not sure that we have lost anybody yet... but if Hucks doesn't sign based on this shit, I will be leading the midnight turf raid 2008. Safe as it may be... the bottom line is ability to attract players to play on it.
    I'm sure.

1) O'Brien for sure. Mo confirmed it in the papers.
    2) Jim Brennan has said it's an issue for some of the veteran Canadian national team players, who might otherwise want to come.
    3) Robinson and Dichio have both said they have spent time with possible English signings "educating" them about the turf

That's just what we know about. 95% of this is probably known only to Mo. It's not in Mo's interest to talk about it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doesn't matter really about Edu (but thanks for the info about the GAs). He'll be gone mid july for friendlies for the Olympics. Right around July 15th no doubt, when we bring in other players. I don't see him going anywhere though, at least until after the season. I really think Cunny and Robert will be the first to go. Also, there is a free international spot, but not senior player positions, which means two roster players have to go to make room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'm sure.

1) O'Brien for sure. Mo confirmed it in the papers.
    2) Jim Brennan has said it's an issue for some of the veteran Canadian national team players, who might otherwise want to come.
    3) Robinson and Dichio have both said they have spent time with possible English signings "educating" them about the turf

That's just what we know about. 95% of this is probably known only to Mo. It's not in Mo's interest to talk about it.
    O'Brien left because SJ overpaid... then he bitched about it.

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

what's the point they said about the field size? BMO's pitch is smaller than other stadia?
    Yup, apparently
    So on the road positioning seems to be an issue...what is good spacing/positioning at home...may not be on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Huckerby is coming, I rather have him play upfront. We have more problems upfront than anything. I don't know how many goals he has scored from the wing in England, but I think he would be a force if he played up front in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dickov???? No thanks. We need strikers with pace and can actually score goals. Dickov isn't known for that. Besides, he is 35 years old now.