Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1839
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s2cazz View Post
    corrrect me if I am wrong but of a 2.8 million cap you want to give the .8 to dero and the rest build a squad with. thats almost 1/3 of the cap. No fucking way is that a good idea.

Make him a DP? would be a waste of a slot IMO. We need to se the DP to the best of our benefit and Dero and JDG both are wastes of a DP slot.
    That's where I was leading. Give him DP status and a higher wage. Or any other creative way the MLS would allow us to do it. With 3 DP spots now available I would have done it. When there was only 2 and 1 was tied up I would not have done it.

And if you check other threads you'll see I was no big DeRo backer but I still recognize he was our best player. The business man in me tells me to pay your top performers well, (maybe not always the highest), but very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand what "putting the team first" means when the guy who supposedly isn't putting the team first is giving you half of your goals. What exactly would be involved with putting the team first that he didn't do? What did you want from him, 20 goals?

As for him wanting a payday, he's been honest from the start. He's been consistent from the start. And despite being under a contract he doens't like, he's produced. So if looking for a payday hasn't affected his production, what do you care?

As for the cheque-signing, I still can't believe that at it's roots, this is fundamentally the basis why people wanted him out. Wow...
    Well i think the cheque stunt rubbed alot of people the wrong way, and with the drama that has been going on since then people are sick of it, regardless of whos right and whos wrong. It seems its become a cancer in the locker room. I would rather have ML$E gone than dero but how realistic is that? The big question is whats in store. Is ML$E going to replace him (cause yes hes replaceable) or are they going to just continue the shit show. I think it will be the latter. But whos to say. I still want to know know what kind of snacks got taken away thought. That is the issue im now focusing on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yesssss
    1,141 post we are now even with DeRo deserves more money Thread
    friking aaaaaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I will never understand the whole "he signed the contract it's his fault" point of view. If you guys don't understand that he felt forced to sign a contract he didn't like, then there is nothing else left to say. He could have stayed in Houston and instead came here on promises that weren't kept. If the fans say "too bad you signed it" then we're basically stamping our approval on the way DeRo was handled.

All I know is that what was really is ON HIM, is choosing a bad agent who screwed up his contract when he came over. A mistake he did not make again.

If our position is that it's too bad, you signed it then maybe it is a good thing that he went to a team that doesn't have that kind of attitude. Meanwhile we are mired in season five of playoffless ineptitude. But at least we didn't allow his contract to be renegotiated! YEEHAW!
    sorry - maybe I'm slow - but i still do not understand why DeRo would sign a contract for 4 years that was contrary to what was discussed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    A lot of people are taking DeRo's statements as if they are the whole story. But it's only one side.

When you only hear one side of a story, of course it seems that that person is 100% right.

I seriously doubt that we'll hear anything against DeRo from Winter's mouth (although Earl would have done something like that).
    Yeah because like Robinson, Winter has more class then that and will bite his tongue so as not to come off as a bickering spouse coming off of a nasty divorce.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    A lot of people are taking DeRo's statements as if they are the whole story. But it's only one side.
    Yes but there is no grey area. Either he got permission to go to Celtic or not. Either he was promised DP slot or not. Come on, you're an educated man, do you find what he says believable or not?

When you only hear one side of a story, of course it seems that that person is 100% right.
    TFC had every opportunity to come clean. DeRo now has. Will TFC?

I seriously doubt that we'll hear anything against DeRo from Winter's mouth (although Earl would have done something like that).
    I could care less. If they're not willing to come clean, then one side of the story is all we have and you utlimately have to make up your mind as to whether to believe him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

corrrect me if I am wrong but of a 2.8 million cap you want to give the .8 to dero and the rest build a squad with. thats almost 1/3 of the cap. No fucking way is that a good idea.

Make him a DP? would be a waste of a slot IMO. We need to se the DP to the best of our benefit and Dero and JDG both are wastes of a DP slot.
    Your math doesn't make any sense.

I think you mean pay De Ro .335 of the 2.8 mil cap. If he is a DP than all salary above the .335 doesn't count against the cap.

Unless we have 2 DPs lined up to sign tomorrow I don't see the advantage of losing De Rosario.

People keeps saying De Rosario is a waste of a DP slot, than why aren't we filling our slots anyways?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    I'll never forget how his cheque-signing incident was when TFC were down 2-1 in a must-win game and the other team countered within seconds. It really frames TFC and DeRo in the most appropriate perspective to me.

The thing is that if DeRo weren't the captain, I would have less of a problem with his shenanigans. I don't know if I would support him Roogsy-style, but I would definitely have a different opinion about it. Him being captain really makes this whole situation a lot more bitter than it should be.
    If that wasnt a must win game, and the other team didnt counter in seconds i wonder if it would be an issue like it is. I dont think it wouldnt be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Yeah because like Robinson, Winter has more class then that and will bite his tongue so as not to come off as a bickering spouse coming off of a nasty divorce.

I could give a shit about this weird made-up princple of "class" that somehow requires people to be ignorant of facts. I will take truth any day over this misplaced sense of honour that doesn't benefit the fan in the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post
    it should never have come to this. However I think this trade is good for Winter and Mariner as they can go even further in wiping the slate clean (ideally they'd also find a way to make JDG disappear).

But the end of the DeRo era should also bring on the end of the Anselmi era ....... why is this guy the Teflon Don? It's about time he walks the plank for his failures over 4 years ...... sick of guys that get so high up in organizations that they can only fail even further upwards. The SUN article is damning on the whole front office.

And to the poster mocking players who want help finding housing and having to ride the bus ----- this is a league where most teams are spending about the same money. How you go about treating your players will go a long way ..... players talk. The last thing you want to be known as is a classless org ---- you won't be doing yourself any favours in building your roster with that hanging over you.

A f'in MEN!!!

AMEN HALELUJA!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now instead of having a 400k player giving us a dozen goals per year, you tell me how much we will have to spend to recover that lost production?
    Goals - Player - Guaranteed Compensation

9 - Edson Buddle ($188,448)
    8 - Dwayne De Rosario ($443,750)
    6 - Chris Wondolowski ($48,000)
    6 - Juan Pablo Angel ($1,918,000)
    6 - Kei Kamara ($182,500)
    5 - Alvaro Saborio ($128,125)

Tell me Dero's pay isn't way out of line?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Reggie View Post
    hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dying at that! If only dero spoke up about the snake table like he did about the grass he would have an army of supporters!
    The DeRo meme-ing has begun... for me at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but there is no grey area. Either he got permission to go to Celtic or not. Either he was promised DP slot or not. Come on, you're an educated man, do you find what he says believable or not?

TFC had every opportunity to come clean. DeRo now has. Will TFC?

I could care less. If they're not willing to come clean, then one side of the story is all we have and you utlimately have to make up your mind as to whether to believe him.
    Oh I find it believable, but what I don't find believable is how the 'teflon don' Anselmi comes out unscathed from all this drama year after year.

The incompetence is astounding.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    sorry - maybe I'm slow - but i still do not understand why DeRo would sign a contract for 4 years that was contrary to what was discussed...
    Beacuse Houston had already released him. It was a bait and switch. He shows up and the contract was not what was promised. So he either withheld (which he did for a few weeks, remember that there was the expectation of the announcement and it didn't come) or he signs (which he ultimately did because he felt he had no other choice) and takes Mo's word that his contract will be reworked.

Put yourself in his place. The snakeoil salesman Mo is telling you "don't worry we will get you the DP contract you deserve, but for now, play under this contract" and you trust him. Then once you realize he scammed you, you get upset and all hell breaks loose.

His mistake was trusting Mo and leaving his future in the hands of an inept agent. We all make mistakes and what we do when we realize our mistakes is we fix them. He fired his agent and started pressuring TFC to honour their verbal word.

How we place this wholly on DeRo's shoulders is unfair in my opinion. He acted in good faith. Others did not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goals - Player - Guaranteed Compensation

9 - Edson Buddle ($188,448)
    8 - Dwayne De Rosario ($443,750)
    6 - Chris Wondolowski ($48,000)
    6 - Juan Pablo Angel ($1,918,000)
    6 - Kei Kamara ($182,500)
    5 - Alvaro Saborio ($128,125)

Tell me Dero's pay isn't way out of line?
    You suck at the internet: http://www.mlssoccer.com/content/2010-full-season-stats

What random month is your goal scoring stat from?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    That's where I was leading. Give him DP status and a higher wage. Or any other creative way the MLS would allow us to do it. With 3 DP spots now available I would have done it. When there was only 2 and 1 was tied up I would not have done it.

And if you check other threads you'll see I was no big DeRo backer but I still recognize he was our best player. The business man in me tells me to pay your top performers well, (maybe not always the highest), but very well.
    You are right but IMO his salary is way out of line. If you compare him to JDG then no, Dero isn't making enough. But when you compare him to the rest of the league he's way overpaid. And a DP slot would best be used to our advantage to bring in a European or South American player who will put bums in seats and goals in the back of the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that wasnt a must win game, and the other team didnt counter in seconds i wonder if it would be an issue like it is. I dont think it wouldnt be.
    Totally. If he scored the game-winning goal in the 90th like against Houston then did his cheque-signing dance, EVERYONE would've supported him. Probably yours truly as well.

But those couple minutes really really is the most epic fail in TFC history. Which is saying a lot!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dying at that! If only dero spoke up about the snake table like he did about the grass he would have an army of supporters!

Who said it was DeRo that complained about the snack table?

Man people run wild with their imaginations.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DeRo meme-ing has begun... for me at least.

It would be funny if it was DeRo who complained about the snack table. And I guess people miss the point. Who takes away something from professional soccer players as punishment like kindergarten kids? Nobody questions this attitude?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally. If he scored the game-winning goal in the 90th like against Houston then did his cheque-signing dance, EVERYONE would've supported him. Probably yours truly as well.

But those couple minutes really really is the most epic fail in TFC history. Which is saying a lot!

So his mistake was not scoring 16 goals last season in stead of 15? I admit the cheque signing thing was bad timing, but you're saying being run out of town would be justified because he did it after only scoring ONE goal instead of TWO and THEN it would have been ok?

And nobody asks why nobody else scored in that game??? Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said it was DeRo that complained about the snack table?

Man people run wild with their imaginations.

I thought i was told you had a sense of humour dude? Come on now

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How we place this wholly on DeRo's shoulders is unfair in my opinion. He acted in good faith. Others did not.
    And there's the rub. This goes to both sides.

DeRo made a bad mistake - by his own volition or though a bad agent - that's on him. TFC could have been smarter in rectifying the situation with what was potentially a massive marketing opportunity to make more money.

But now we have a situation where people feel betrayed, egos get in the way, etc. (on both sides)

This is why I think Mariner decided a trade would be best. He saw no positive outcome any time soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beacuse Houston had already released him. It was a bait and switch. He shows up and the contract was not what was promised. So he either withheld (which he did for a few weeks, remember that there was the expectation of the announcement and it didn't come) or he signs (which he ultimately did because he felt he had no other choice) and takes Mo's word that his contract will be reworked.

Put yourself in his place. The snakeoil salesman Mo is telling you "don't worry we will get you the DP contract you deserve, but for now, play under this contract" and you trust him. Then once you realize he scammed you, you get upset and all hell breaks loose.

His mistake was trusting Mo and leaving his future in the hands of an inept agent. We all make mistakes and what we do when we realize our mistakes is we fix them. He fired his agent and started pressuring TFC to honour their verbal word.

so was TFC able to give DeRo DP status within MLS rules?

also why if things changed so suddenly when he arrived in Toronto from Houston did he not sign a 1 year agreement instead of 4 years? i understand the bad agent thing but DeRo was no spring chick, he did have thoughts of his own - - just asking...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shit I run out of popcorn

opcorn:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    You suck at the internet: http://www.mlssoccer.com/content/2010-full-season-stats

What random month is your goal scoring stat from?
    Does it matter the point is the fucking salaries and the goals scored are relatively the same. Except for Dero and Juan Pablo Angel.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    shit I run out of popcorn

opcorn:
    hey, don't you have some drumming to do tomorrow

you should be in bed resting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I will never understand the whole "he signed the contract it's his fault" point of view. If you guys don't understand that he felt forced to sign a contract he didn't like, then there is nothing else left to say. He could have stayed in Houston and instead came here on promises that weren't kept. If the fans say "too bad you signed it" then we're basically stamping our approval on the way DeRo was handled.

All I know is that what was really is ON HIM, is choosing a bad agent who screwed up his contract when he came over. A mistake he did not make again.

If our position is that it's too bad, you signed it then maybe it is a good thing that he went to a team that doesn't have that kind of attitude. Meanwhile we are mired in season five of playoffless ineptitude. But at least we didn't allow his contract to be renegotiated! YEEHAW!
    On the other hand, we had a player on our hands who ate a vast amount of the team's salary cap. And while yes, he did score goals, he was anything but a leader, anything but the veteran character you want if you're trying to build a team who wants to win for the good of the team.

DeRo is a very talented player, there is no denying that. But he's also selfish, he'll always put self before side. So enough of the fan-boy rubbish, the facts are as follows:

- he's a good player
    - losing him will hurt TFC on the short-term
    - getting rid of him, while he's still worth something, benefits the team in the long-run

BTW Roogsy, do you look after his finances? Or did you?

One last thing to consider: perhaps Dero wanted out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought i was told you had a sense of humour dude? Come on now

I don't mess with facts. Stuff like that can lead to people believing it's true and on this board, facts get played with loosely enough as it is. I don't want to encourage something that is factually incorrect. Misinformation catches on way too quick around here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be funny if it was DeRo who complained about the snack table. And I guess people miss the point. Who takes away something from professional soccer players as punishment like kindergarten kids? Nobody questions this attitude?
    Lol I feel your passion for the topic, but I'm trying to make light of it. When the times get tough, I find a way to make a joke about it

So his mistake was not scoring 16 goals last season in stead of 15? I admit the cheque signing thing was bad timing, but you're saying being run out of town would be justified because he did it after only scoring ONE goal instead of TWO and THEN it would have been ok?

And nobody asks why nobody else scored in that game??? Really?
    Perception is reality. You can call me wrong for doing so, but I would've perceived him differently if the situation was different. The situation that the cheque-signing happened (still down, must win, game-sealing goal seconds later) made the perception of the incident much worse than it would have been if DeRo were the hero. Nobody else will admit it, but its the truth for most moderates in this debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mess with facts. Stuff like that can lead to people believing it's true and on this board, facts get played with loosely enough as it is. I don't want to encourage something that is factually incorrect. Misinformation catches on way too quick around here.
    Your like the Rafa Benitez of the boards on this thread with the facts. As stated above, its just funny that a team takes away players snacks as punishment for speaking out, no matter who says it. Fact.