Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC vs. Vancouver - Wednesday, July 9th 10pm EST TV Coverage?!?!?

Anyone know if this game is being televised? No indications as of yet on the TFC Schedule - http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/schedul....jsp?team=t280

Going to be a late night, but I seriously want to be able to watch this game after yesterday as it will be key to qualifying now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not on the telly....another CBC fuck up...can't be surprised with that over rated network, that should have stayed on strike last year, no one would have missed them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill be livid if this isnt on TV considering Van-Mon was on last week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    Ill be livid if this isnt on TV considering Van-Mon was on last week.
    well get steaming...its no on unless tfc/mlse put pressure on CBC to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow!!!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    well get steaming...its no on unless tfc/mlse put pressure on CBC to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the game might be on Bold .its a CBC pay channel. Rogers will give you the package 3 months free. after 3 months cancel the package.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there a graphic on the screen during the last game that it will be on CBC at "midnight local time?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by TFC 420 View Post
    the game might be on Bold .its a CBC pay channel. Rogers will give you the package 3 months free. after 3 months cancel the package.
    The bold schedule says that it will be playing the Calgary Stampede at 10:00 ET on July 9;
    http://www.cbc.ca/bold/bold_tv_weekofjuly7.pdf

Wasn't there a graphic on the screen during the last game that it will be on CBC at "midnight local time?"

The CBC schedule doesn't show the game at all....
    http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/sched...&endTime=24:00

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trifey View Post
    The bold schedule says that it will be playing the Calgary Stampede at 10:00 ET on July 9;
    Yipee!!!

Sad thing is this will get the CBC a bigger audience…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to get your hopes up, but there is a chance we'll be streaming it live. I'll let you kow either way when I get confirmation.

Cheers,

John F. Molinaro
    CBCSports.ca reporter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    I don't want to get your hopes up, but there is a chance we'll be streaming it live. I'll let you kow either way when I get confirmation.

Cheers,

John F. Molinaro
    CBCSports.ca reporter

Streaming it? BUllshit!!

Our lives are on the line......and we have to watch it on STREAm...and thats not even guarenteed!!.....

Why would CBC..even get the rights to this if they wernt going to show every game!????

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers,

John F. Molinaro
    CBCSports.ca reporter
    Ya this is horseshit.

If you arent actually going to show the thournament then fuck off.

If a recap of the Calgary Stampede and repeating an episode of Arrested Development for the 50th fucking time (seriously! How many fucking times can you repeat the entire series? There is only three fucking seasons!) is more important than a make or break game in the Canadian Championship then please dont bother covering it and telling us were lucky to even see it. I dont need to be talked down to like that. Dont piss on my shoe and tell me its raining.
    Last edited by ilikemusic; 07-03-2008 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya this is horseshit.

If you arent actually going to show the thournament then fuck off.

If a recap of the Calgary Stampede and repeating an episode of Arrested Development for the 50th fucking time (seriously! How many fucking times can you repeat the entire series? There is only three fucking season!) is more important than a make or break game in the Canadian Championship then please dont bother covering it and telling us were lucky to even see it. I dont need to be talked down to like that. Dont piss on my shoe and tell me its raining.
    Well said, I fucking hate cbc and their bullshit effort towards covering soccer. They'd much rather be showing a fucking stampede or alpine skiing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet you more than 70,000 people will be watching the Stampede

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really not serving the Canadian public to buy the rights to a tournament so that it can not be seen by a television audience. As a taxpayer I am paying to prevent myself from seeing this.

Terrible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Your point?

If the schedule is going to be determined 100% by ratings then TFC should really never be on TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I bet you less than 70,000 will be watching GolTV or FSW at the same time. These channels could have at least provided a method for users to see it even if it wasn't freely broadcast.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your point?

If the schedule is going to be determined 100% by ratings then TFC should really never be on TV.

That's why their not high on the priority list...if more people were going to watch TFC as opposed to CFL...bet your bottom dollar it would be on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God Save The Queen View Post
    That's why their not high on the priority list...if more people were going to watch TFC as opposed to CFL...bet your bottom dollar it would be on.
    So your logical argument here is that TFC doesnt belong on TV.

What are you doing on this board if you dont want to watch the team anywhere but live at BMO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers,

John F. Molinaro
    CBCSports.ca reporter
    John ... Thanks for coming on here and letting us know. Class Act for doing that and letting us voice our opinion. Greatly appreciated!

That being said ... Why is there only a "chance" that it will be on when CBC paid (so I assume) for the rights to broadcast the series and are not going to air the whole series?

IMO - At least put it on Bold. TFC is the only reason I actually subscribed to that channel. I'm not the only one, when I called in to add before the TFC vs Impact game, they asked me why so many people where calling in to add it at the same time. TFC baby!

Here's a follow-up question - Any idea if we'll ever get a broadcast in HD this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DGVilleneuve View Post
    Here's a follow-up question - Any idea if we'll ever get a broadcast in HD this year?
    they said after hockey is over....well hockey has been over for some time now and still no HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DGVilleneuve View Post
    John ... Thanks for coming on here and letting us know. Class Act for doing that and letting us voice our opinion. Greatly appreciated!

That being said ... Why is there only a "chance" that it will be on when CBC paid (so I assume) for the rights to broadcast the series and are not going to air the whole series?

IMO - At least put it on Bold. TFC is the only reason I actually subscribed to that channel. I'm not the only one, when I called in to add before the TFC vs Impact game, they asked me why so many people where calling in to add it at the same time. TFC baby!

I wish I could give you answers to these questions. I'm a reporter for the CBC Sports website and not part of the TV department, so unfortunately I'm not privy to the decisions or decision-making.

Sometimes I learn info from talking to people in the TV department, but I'm not in contact with them on a dialy basis.

All I can say from my limited knowledge of how TV works is that it's not as easy as you would think to change the broadcast schedule. Often times there are commerical and financial committments involved that make it impossible to change things around. It's especially hard for CBC because we're not an all-sports network.

We're very close to announcing we'll be streaming the Vancouver-Toronto game. I'm also hearing it may end up on TV (possibly Bold).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your logical argument here is that TFC doesnt belong on TV.

What are you doing on this board if you dont want to watch the team anywhere but live at BMO?

Wow you really know how to jump. Never did I say I don't want to watch them...I don't even see them at BMO.

What I'm saying is on the business side of things....when you have a game that will have 290k as opposed to a game which will have maybe 50k if your lucky...which one do you think CBC is going to go for?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks John .. always nice to have inside scoop...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God Save The Queen View Post
    Wow you really know how to jump. Never did I say I don't want to watch them...I don't even see them at BMO.

What I'm saying is on the business side of things....when you have a game that will have 290k as opposed to a game which will have maybe 50k if your lucky...which one do you think CBC is going to go for?
    You explaining this to me is leading me to infer that you think I dont understand this. I know exactly why CBC wouldnt put TFC on the air. Should CBC do exactly what will get them the highest ratings? From a business perspective, of course. But then that logically dictates that TFC shouldnt be on CBC at all because the ratings for it are awful.

If they arent willing to bite the bullet and broadcast the games that they bought the rights to then give them up and let Fox Sports World or Gol TV step up and give football fans what they want. I want to be able to watch my team and I dont give a fuck about CBC's ratings.

(note, this is the exact same argument NHL fans in Ottawa and out west have used for years while complaining about having to watch the Maple Leafs on HNIC. Guess what, CBC has bowed to their complaints and have said they will broadcast less Maple Leaf games nationally despite the fact that Leaf games always draw the best)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You explaining this to me is leading me to infer that you think I dont understand this. I know exactly why CBC wouldnt put TFC on the air. Should CBC do exactly what will get them the highest ratings? From a business perspective, of course. But then that logically dictates that TFC shouldnt be on CBC at all because the ratings for it are awful.

If they arent willing to bite the bullet and broadcast the games that they bought the rights to then give them up and let Fox Sports World or Gol TV step up and give football fans what they want. I want to be able to watch my team and I dont give a fuck about CBC's ratings.

(note, this is the exact same argument NHL fans in Ottawa and out west have used for years while complaining about having to watch the Maple Leafs on HNIC. Guess what, CBC has bowed to their complaints and have said they will broadcast less Maple Leaf games nationally despite the fact that Leaf games always draw the best)
    I just checked with someone and was told we only secured the rights to four of the six games, not the entire series. The other two, including the next game, was not part of the deal.

John

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John are you going to d any more spots on TV ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Dikestra View Post
    John are you going to d any more spots on TV ??
    Did I do a TV spot before? I don't remember doing one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre season show man