Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBC had it down and I liked what they had. I liked I could go back and watch the games in full afterward and I liked it because you always missed something when your in the stands and I could always check it later.

From what Ive seen Id rate it a 5/10 and Im not confident theyll get it right considering its not a real priority for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As annoying as it is, as someone who watches a LOT of sports on digital cable, it happens a lot. It's not the channel, its the provider. The explination I heard is digital cable works kind of like internet, and it's basically if there is a bandwidth shortage for some reason. It's happened in basketball games I'm watching with less than a minute left in tied games. I've gone ballistic because of it. Nothing TSN can do

And TSN appologized for it therefor its their fault? What? If I say something so ridiculously racist and offensive here that it becomes a news story even after it gets deleted by mods, and the Red Patch Boys as a group have to publicly appologize because of this horrible thing posted on their forum, is it their fault that I said what I said? They appologized for it right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have digital, but I still get those breaks in the feed.
    And Waggy, yes it is. Who's else is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    As annoying as it is, as someone who watches a LOT of sports on digital cable, it happens a lot. It's not the channel, its the provider. The explination I heard is digital cable works kind of like internet, and it's basically if there is a bandwidth shortage for some reason. It's happened in basketball games I'm watching with less than a minute left in tied games. I've gone ballistic because of it. Nothing TSN can do

And TSN appologized for it therefor its their fault? What? If I say something so ridiculously racist and offensive here that it becomes a news story even after it gets deleted by mods, and the Red Patch Boys as a group have to publicly appologize because of this horrible thing posted on their forum, is it their fault that I said what I said? They appologized for it right?
    This.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the commercials worked fine.

They apologized for the broken up stuff and 'hoped' they had it sorted out at one point.

That is a pretty straight forward that they had technical issues if you ask me. The game itself wasnt too bad for it but the pre game was brutal.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was going on well into the first half but was fixed for the the end of 1st and 2nd..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't watched a TSN broadcast yet because I was in the press box for both games, but it seems unfair to write them off after just two matches.

TSN is new to this, so give them a bit more time before judging them. I'm sure they'll get it right.

John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    I don't have digital, but I still get those breaks in the feed.
    And Waggy, yes it is. Who's else is it?
    I'd think it would be Rogers, tsn sends them the signal, they send it out to the masses. I'm not saying I'm sure its not TSNs fault, it could be, this is definitely not my field. All I can say is when similar problems have happened and I've called and asked I've been told it's not the channel, but the provider. If people watching who have Bell as a service provider had the same problem then I guess it was TSNs fault, but it seemed to be on the distribution end rather than the raw feed end from what I could see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd think it would be Rogers, tsn sends them the signal, they send it out to the masses. I'm not saying I'm sure its not TSNs fault, it could be, this is definitely not my field. All I can say is when similar problems have happened and I've called and asked I've been told it's not the channel, but the provider. If people watching who have Bell as a service provider had the same problem then I guess it was TSNs fault, but it seemed to be on the distribution end rather than the raw feed end from what I could see.
    My mom has Bell. It was the first thing she said to me after the game. She didn't say it was unwatchable, but damned near. She said it was very frustrating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bell seems to have something against TFC. Just picked up Monday's Globe and I turned to the Sports section to see what they'd say about the game.

It literally said that if you want to hear anything about the game, you shouldn't be reading the paper, but should instead be on the Internet.

Perhaps their sponsorship of Vancouver included a clause that they would provide crappy coverage of TFC in their media outlets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    I haven't watched a TSN broadcast yet because I was in the press box for both games, but it seems unfair to write them off after just two matches.

TSN is new to this, so give them a bit more time before judging them. I'm sure they'll get it right.

John
    no they aren't this is what they do new to tfc yes but not broadcasting sports..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work in the industry. You're wrong.

How can it be on the distribution end when the TSN symbols do not go to black when the screen freezes? How could they cut to commercial when the feed was frozen from the cable provider? Why would TSN apologize publicly to all watching for the errors? Why would Bell and Rogers customers get it who were on both digital and non-digital signals?

I have already stated this before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the terms and service for the board. I'm sure it states that the opinions expressed on the board are not those of the Red Patch Boys.

Nice extreme example though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Read the terms and service for the board. I'm sure it states that the opinions expressed on the board are not those of the Red Patch Boys.

Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post

Just passing on what I was told, like I said it's not my field at all. When I've called and complained about this happening before (if you have money on a game thats tight to the end and can't watch the last minute it's.... frustrating) thats the explanation a few different stations gave me. Guess it's just a big game of pass the buck (I'll try and contain my shock)

and extreme, maybe. But so is not getting a proper game feed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of pass the buck goes on. You're 100% right.

I can't disagree with that. As I said, pauses of 16 seconds, 13 seconds and 11 seconds almost made me want to switch to March Madness. TSN will get it right, and it will be glorious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN will be the best thing that ever happened to TFC. Our broadcast numbers have always been embarrassing low. TSN will fix that.

TSN - Single handedly saved the CFL in Canada.

TSN - Took the world juniors from a also ran tournament & turned it into must see tv in Canada.

TSN - Somehow turned Curling into a major sporting event with huge broadcast numbers.

TSN - MLS/TFC a work in progress.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    TSN will be the best thing that ever happened to TFC. Our broadcast numbers have always been embarrassing low. TSN will fix that.

TSN - Took the world juniors from a also ran tournament & turned it into must see tv in Canada.

TSN - Somehow turned Curling into a major sporting event with huge broadcast numbers.

Absolutely. Judging by the activity on TSN's website following the first two matches of the season, there is already a substantial increase in interest from casual sports fans in this city. The TSN brand lends credibility to TFC/MLS, and it will foster significant growth in the years to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The provider? hmmm, as some are on bell, rogers I am on Shaw here in Calgary, how can it be the provider when it seemed pretty widespread to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad i am using East Link

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post

TSN - took the CIS Basketball Championship from the score and SHOWED THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (as well as others) ON TAPE DELAY

TSN - is showing Curling on TSN while the FINAL FOUR is on TSN2...AS WELL AS THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

look the apologized pregame for their problems, but they didn't FIX them...these issues continued during the game...apologize all you want, but when they happen during the games, expect complaints

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any word on Ratings this weekend for both TFC and the Whitecaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    too bad i am using East Link

TSN - took the CIS Basketball Championship from the score and SHOWED THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (as well as others) ON TAPE DELAY

TSN - is showing Curling on TSN while the FINAL FOUR is on TSN2...AS WELL AS THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

look the apologized pregame for their problems, but they didn't FIX them...these issues continued during the game...apologize all you want, but when they happen during the games, expect complaints
    To all of the facepalms above.....so? CIS is probably about as sparsely watched as darts. TSN2 is a fine station, and CBS has the Final Four if you don't have TSN2. I don't think that warrants whining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, live event transmissions can be a tricky prospect. I know we all expect every event to be a flawless presentation but these things happen here and there. It could have been a piece of gear or a bad wire...it's very difficult to say.

oh and Prizby - East Link gets their signal from Rogers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hating TSN is like hating the hot girl.

You hate her because she ignores you but secretly you want to bone her.

I've hated TSN...but truth be told, TSN has the power in the country to turn TFC and MLS into a bonafide power.

So basically I am saying I want to bone Carts...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok that's just disturbing. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no Roogs.

You sick, sick man.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

So basically I am saying I want to bone Carts...
    After a few drinks, Carts would probably let you
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you drunk?
    Last edited by Carts; 03-29-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we can safely say that everyone is drunk

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Sorry that they didn't replace a competition with a Canadian entry with an entirely American event. Curling is more important to more Canadians than NCAA Basketball.