Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is DERo for sale?

TFC "Has been shopping DeRo for a while" according to Twitter feed on Soccer By Ives right now.

Apparently a rumour has him going back to Houston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could see DeRo wanting to retire in Houston a lot more than he would want to retire in Toronto. Also, is anyone in pro sports not for sale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a rumour, just a suggestion...

http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves

Lots of rumblings today about Houston making a big move. How about a DeRosario return to Houston? Pure speculation, but could work. about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Ryan Giggs?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Robbie Rogers has asked for a trade from the crew. He submitted a list of teams he would like to go to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's not a rumour, just a suggestion...

http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves
    I think he's referencing this one:

@cboehm TFC shopping DeRo for a while, Houston could use attacking player, has depth to trade. Makes sense
    about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to cboehm

If true, it is what it is but at the same time I expect something to replace him (not in the form of another Nick Sooslma).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that some clubs have inquired about De Ro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think he's referencing this one:

@cboehm TFC shopping DeRo for a while, Houston could use attacking player, has depth to trade. Makes sense
    about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to cboehm

If true, it is what it is but at the same time I expect something to replace him (not in the form of another Nick Sooslma).
    @cboehm is apparently some random guy named Charles Boehm and doesn't seem to be any type of credible source within sports journalism. I'm pretty sure this is all BS...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id be pretty amazed if he went anywhere, why would he go? would MLS give him the DP money he wants elsewhere? doesnt make sense

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    why would he go?
    Because he hates the FO here?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Also Robbie Rogers has asked for a trade from the crew. He submitted a list of teams he would like to go to.
    Any idea if we are on this list? Robbie Rogers seems like a pretty good player, young guy and could do well here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    id be pretty amazed if he went anywhere, why would he go? would MLS give him the DP money he wants elsewhere? doesnt make sense
    because he is hated by most fans here for one thing..

not me though..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@cboehm is apparently some random guy named Charles Boehm and doesn't seem to be any type of credible source within sports journalism. I'm pretty sure this is all BS...
    That tweet was by Ives to cboehm, so it is credible.

cboehm's original tweet: http://twitter.com/cboehm/status/50640204607913984
    Ives's response: http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/stat...42710608084992

I think it's all speculation though. Ives's even said to CallItFootball that it was only an idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You realy think that he is hated by most Fans. He got shit on this board, but hated by most fans, I would not think so. I am asking what you think, not realy strongly disagreeing, it is just not how I read it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the fan sentiment regarding DeRo is far more positive among the casual fan base.

white shirt covered in alcohol stains
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be worst move possible. As much as many have become disgruntled with DeRo and his off field antics he is still consistently the best player on the pitch for us. He scores out of nowhere. I don't see another individual player doing as much for us as him. He's my fav player to watch on the team, continually being creative on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_4_Life View Post
    This would be worst move possible. As much as many have become disgruntled with DeRo and his off field antics he is still consistently the best player on the pitch for us. He scores out of nowhere. I don't see another individual player doing as much for us as him. He's my fav player to watch on the team, continually being creative on the pitch.
    DeRo's not going anywhere anytime soon, especially in a trade to another MLS club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ You realy think that he is hated by most Fans. He got shit on this board, but hated by most fans, I would not think so. I am asking what you think, not realy strongly disagreeing, it is just not how I read it.
    i don't have contact with fans out side of RPB so i get it from this board and i see most people on here with a hate on for him.. just what i see..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCtoMUFC View Post
    Any idea if we are on this list? Robbie Rogers seems like a pretty good player, young guy and could do well here.
    Well, if the rumours can be believed, I'm not sure a list matters to Columbus management:

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Despite widespread speculation, the Columbus Crew are not actively trying to trade Robbie Rogers, the team confirmed on Wednesday, and will not entertain any offers unless they are presented with what technical director Brian Bliss termed "a heck of a deal."
    But the Crew TD said he is not proactively looking to deal Rogers, and scoffed at reports that the midfielder has submitted a list of teams to whom he would like to be traded.

“If there’s a trade, it’s not his choice where he goes,” he said. “It’s whatever the best deal is for the club. Right now there is no deal, and as I said before to the one or two teams that did inquire, ‘We weren’t necessarily shopping the player around, but your offer better be pretty good.’
    “I am not pursuing it,” he said. “He has one more year on his contract and I would love for him to stay in Columbus. I would love for him to try hard and if nothing’s positive, go from there.”
    Bliss said it doesn’t make sense to trade Rogers without getting “comparable value.” When asked if Rogers still has value, Bliss said his play in the DC game proved he does.

“His energy, his attacking mentality, his aggressive mentality was reminiscent of the Robbie of the past,” Bliss said. “Why all of a sudden would we want to give that away? He may not have started, but does that mean he’s not going to start in 75 percent of the games this year? It’s awful difficult then to just part with the guy.”
    Warzycha said he is not sure of Rogers is trying to force a trade but does not think his player will be a distraction to the team.
    Rogers’ status for Saturday is unclear. Because of a death of a friend he may return to California, but Warzycha said late Wednesday that Rogers would be at practice Thursday. His weekend plans were still undecided.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-trading-block

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm gonna ask a dumb question so don't make fun of me but how do you get so many quote's in your post..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    i'm gonna ask a dumb question so don't make fun of me but how do you get so many quote's in your post..
    Just keep pressing the quote tags icon ( ), or type the quote tags yourself, and place what you want to be quoted between them. You can use quote tags more than once. The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Because he hates the FO here?
    does he really hate the FO or the fact that Mo shafted him and the MLS wont give him what he wants?

DOnt see how itd be better elsewhere especially as he'd be a small fish in a small pond (re: commercials etc), where as here he can do that ish

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A L L O C A T I O N +++++ please.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo's not going anywhere anytime soon, especially in a trade to another MLS club.
    I don't think things are that certain. The relationship right now is severely strained and if it does not improve soon could be unfixable.

There are clubs that are interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    thanks

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    A L L O C A T I O N +++++ please.
    Allocation money is temporary, draft picks and prospects for foreve- ok not forever but for the future.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    ^Ryan Giggs?
    Paul Scholes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I don't think things are that certain. The relationship right now is severely strained and if it does not improve soon could be unfixable.

There are clubs that are interested.
    I understand that the relationship is strained because of false promises made by previous management. However, I don't see how DeRo would benefit financially by being traded to another MLS club. A trade is highly unlikely unless Winter wanted to move him, and DeRo was willing to play elsewhere based on his existing contract value. It doesn't sound logical.