Default Aron Winter 1 on 1 with James Sharman

Caught this via James Sharman twitter

http://video.thescore.com/watch/aron-winter-1-on-1

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you have it, on the record, Winter says the rebuild will take a year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if anyone though it was going to happen in 6 weeks they were delusional.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I will point you to the POST-GAME RANT thread.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how Coach Winter has conducted himself so far, good times are ahead for the Reds, that is for sure. He knows what he wants and will work hard to get it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sick of "rebuilding"...

And like I say about another Toronto team that is always rebuilding...

"ITS NOT REBUILDING IF YOU ALWAYS SUCK"

But, we need to have some hope - otherwise there is nothing...

And Winter & his staff has the background and knowledge to do something...

So, celebrate goals like major titles like we did in year-1...???

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't really do anything else but suck it up at this point. Having said that, I'll bet you anything that there'll be serious rioting on this board if we shit the bed on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    You can't really do anything else but suck it up at this point. Having said that, I'll bet you anything that there'll be serious rioting on this board if we shit the bed on Saturday.
    Absolutely agree 100%, unfortunately...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not, if board(server) crash again.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Absolutely agree 100%, unfortunately...
    It's totally understandable if people are frustrated following a loss, especially if we lose to an expansion team in our home opener.

What I find mind numbing and pointless is when people have nothing to contribute other than a random rant against the organization, as opposed to being analytical or critical of roster decisions, tactics, individual player performances, etc.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 03-23-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can we be rebuilding when we didn't have anything built to begin with? Its more like, another year of building, not rebuilding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This.

If we had a team that functioned better as a team, we wouldn't be in this mess. Hopefully Winter & Co can make that happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    What I find mind numbing and pointless is when people have nothing to contribute other than a random rant against the organization, as opposed to being analytical or critical of roster decisions, tactics, individual player performances, etc.
    yes this right here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for Carts.....

#REBUILDING
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's totally understandeable if people are frustrated following a loss, especially if we lose to an expansion team in our home opener.

There is a lot of residual anger left over from the first four years. The problems went way beyond roster decisions, tactics and individual players and coaches and people vented about that. The good thing is those bigger problems were finally addressed and now it does come down to roster decision, tactics, etc..

But people will still vent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    There is a lot of residual anger left over from the first four years. The problems went way beyond roster decisions, tactics and individual players and coaches and people vented about that. The good thing is those bigger problems were finally addressed and now it does come down to roster decision, tactics, etc..

But people will still vent.
    I can completely understand that. Like many others I'm very frustrated as well.

I guess I'm willing to not burden the new management with the mistakes made in the past. Their job has been made twice as hard because they have to deal with the hangover of the past four years as well as trying to build something new.

I'm giving them some slack. It's up to them to work with it and decide if they use it to pull the team out or make a noose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    How can we be rebuilding when we didn't have anything built to begin with? Its more like, another year of building, not rebuilding.

the team was built before we did mange to play ( gonna get some stick for that) for the last 4 years but it just was not good at all so yes it's rebuilding in my eyes anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I am so sick of "rebuilding"...

And like I say about another Toronto team that is always rebuilding...

"ITS NOT REBUILDING IF YOU ALWAYS SUCK"

But, we need to have some hope - otherwise there is nothing...

And Winter & his staff has the background and knowledge to do something...

So, celebrate goals like major titles like we did in year-1...???

Carts...
    Celebrate other teams' misses and saves by our own keeper seems more appropriate at this point. We didn't seem to have much trouble scoring. A lot of our shots were blocked but would have otherwise been on target in that Vancouver match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A year? LOL what a generous estimate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serb_Star View Post
    A year? LOL what a generous estimate.

Wow, why bother even supporting a team eh?

there is no hope! it's all soooooooooo wrong and terrible.

This board is a fucking crazy house sometimes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's the MLS, a year is sufficient.

I think the team would have been further ahead had a GM and/or coach been in place right at the end of the season.

But that's in the past now. Just have to look forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    It's the MLS, a year is sufficient.

I think the team would have been further ahead had a GM and/or coach been in place right at the end of the season.

Why do you think that? (not being sarcastic or anything, it's an honest question). Many people are saying the reason a rebuild is going to take so long is because of the players on guaranteed contracts that can't be moved and the cap space they take up. What difference would a GM coming in right at the end of the season instead of January have made?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Wow, why bother even supporting a team eh?

there is no hope! it's all soooooooooo wrong and terrible.

This board is a fucking crazy house sometimes.
    So you think that at the start of next season we'll be a well-oiled machine that's poised for a playoff run? it's going to take longer than a year to implement a new system with the right players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think that? (not being sarcastic or anything, it's an honest question). Many people are saying the reason a rebuild is going to take so long is because of the players on guaranteed contracts that can't be moved and the cap space they take up. What difference would a GM coming in right at the end of the season instead of January have made?
    I'd be curious to know who these players are that are making the rebuild take longer. TFC coaches time and time again have proven that if they don't want a player, there is always a way to get rid of that player. JDG is probably the only exception but Winter is big on JDG and thinks he's the perfect player for his system.

So this is where I say people who make this statement are greatly exagerating the roster issues Winter has. Preki had a much worse situation and he managed to clear out all the overpaid Carver and Cummins players (atleast in his mind they were overpaid).

Winter isn't signing academy players because that's all he can afford. He's signing these kids because he believes it's the way to build for the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I'd be curious to know who these players are that are making the rebuild take longer. TFC coaches time and time again have proven that if they don't want a player, there is always a way to get rid of that player. JDG is probably the only exception but Winter is big on JDG and thinks he's the perfect player for his system.

So this is where I say people who make this statement are greatly exagerating the roster issues Winter has. Preki had a much worse situation and he managed to clear out all the overpaid Carver and Cummins players (atleast in his mind they were overpaid).

Winter isn't signing academy players because that's all he can afford. He's signing these kids because he believes it's the way to build for the future.
    Also because he needed players on the team to meet a quota set by the MLSPA so the club could avoid litigation. We're at the bare minimum right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serb_Star View Post
    So you think that at the start of next season we'll be a well-oiled machine that's poised for a playoff run? it's going to take longer than a year to implement a new system with the right players.
    Never said that.

Do I think that the new system (which includes a mentality as well as playing style) will be implemented to a much larger degree? Absolutlely.

Then we judge.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If someone had been in charge since November (and everyone knew that Cochrane wasn't the guy) it would have been easier to look at players, follow up on players, etc. during that time span.

Hell, maybe have a camp like Vancouver did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

part of it is that ALL players need to learn the system as well as where people can be expected to run etc, more or less learn each other inside and out in the system as well. cant really speculate how long that takes, id imagine more than 2 months, and im sure the longer the players practice it, play in it the better they get, just like anything else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post

It's because of the new CBA Pachuco. Based on my understanding, players with 3 or more years of MLS experience are on guaranteed contracts, and can't just be released as in past years.

Unless there are MLS clubs willing to trade for guys like Harden, Peterson, and Gargan, we're stuck with them in the short term until their contracts expire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can handle losing if i wasnt paying out of my arse in ticket prices