Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't "split" the 200 metre time my friend. Anyone who has had any experience with track knows that the 200 metre times are "faster" because there is no "start" lag in the 2nd half of the 200 metre. That's why the Olympic qualifying time for the 200...that is the bare minimum to compete in the games...is 20.59 and the overall world record is 19.32 a full 2 seconds (and then some!) under Wynne's time. Are you telling me for the 100 metre he is barely Olympic qualifying but for the 200 metre he is so much slower? I will buy that Wynne has sub-11 time but I highly doubt he is near Olympic qualifying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    You can't "split" the 200 metre time my friend. Anyone who has had any experience with track knows that the 200 metre times are "faster" because there is no "start" lag in the 2nd half of the 200 metre. That's why the Olympic qualifying time for the 200...that is the bare minimum to compete in the games...is 20.59 and the overall world record is 19.32 a full 2 seconds (and then some!) under Wynne's time. Are you telling me for the 100 metre he is barely Olympic qualifying but for the 200 metre he is so much slower? I will buy that Wynne has sub-11 time but I highly doubt he is near Olympic qualifying.
    I think you just blew my mind Roogsy.