Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Allow standing in all parts of the stadium, get an atmosphere going and stop throwing people out in 104-108 that want to try and encourage chanting and support in their section. Casual fans see the supporter section in the ads, buy a ticket and are then told to sit down and don't bring flags or streamers etc. because they're in a different area.
    Amen to this to! I would love to bring a flag into 107. I think MLSE should take a bold stance here and draw a line in the sand as to what a TFC game is versus other sports venues in the city. Differentiating can be benificial to a team trying to etch out market space. To me, this means running with what has already proven to be successful with this team... Passionate fans. Let everyone stand as they wish, like in Seattle, and let them bring flags, and tifos.

The above, coupled with low ticket costs, and they'll come back in droves.
    Last edited by Alonso; 03-23-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I like your idea that it will put pressure on the front office to get results since the only thing they understand is money.

However, I think the biggest problem for the fans isn't the results - it's the ticket price. Most people saw TFC as a nice, cheap sporting event to attend and now after only 4 seasons it has become very expensive.

I am a die-hard fan and even I feel like I can't afford to go to every game.. so imagine what a casual fan must think.
    Ditto.

If they're smart, they'll take next years price freeze, and better it with a price reduction and spin it as a reward to the fans for there passion. (When really it would be to make more money of course, by putting bums back in the seats) Because if it was a reward, they wouldn't have pumped up the price in the first place!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should have dropped prices this year.

Boy did they misread their own fans.

Hey! We know you're angry, but here is another price hike! Now smile for our promotional cameras!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Funny quote there. Weren't you pictured with FO last year promoting the MLS Cup in Toronto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would love to stand in 120

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need business people with soccer experience running this team. ML$E got to realize this is MLS, NOT EPL or any other top tier league in the world. The quality of soccer isn't great, so don't charge your customers so much. Shit quality shouldn't be so damn expensive! ML$E is so lucky to own Toronto sports teams. I am sure if they were to own some other city sports teams, they would have be bankrupted by now.