Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that TFC Fans in Vancouver shot.... I was like WTF when did Pronto go to Vancouver! ...and Keyman... and Pat... and Deeznuts!
    Last edited by FluSH; 03-22-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re: Struggling to sell tickets.

This is where the hockey-mad media gets to start saying "told ya so."
    Caring little for the fact that it's the slap-in-the-face price increases, and crap product, that have driven/are driving lots of people away.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coed girls 1 and 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I love that TFC Fans in Vancouver shot.... I was like WTF when did Pronto go to Vancouver! ...and Keyman... and Pat... and Deeznuts!
    got to love the stock footage LOL

that is a pretty bad pic, i needed a shave and a haircut for sure

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hockey media is right. . . . thie will be a running storuy all freakin year. . the post is ready for TFC to be tied and flogged. . hwo DARE soccer enter thsi market to such success!!!

cant wait to watch them eat it.

NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tough Ticket to Sell- Who's the brave and talented author?

I find it laughable the timing of this as we've been talking about Toronto being an all around losing city in the rant thread and here is Professor Anonymous talking of the lack of bang for your buck at this particular Toronto sports event.

Hogwash.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Re: Tough Ticket to Sell- Who's the brave and talented author?

I find it laughable the timing of this as we've been talking about Toronto being an all around losing city in the rant thread and here is Professor Anonymous talking of the lack of bang for your buck at this particular Toronto sports event.

Hogwash.
    I don't see what the problem is. The article is a pretty dead on account of what has happened to the TFC ticket demand.

Do we just want to plug our ears and pretend it didn't happen?

By the way, good luck to anyone trying to sell your extra tickets this season at face value. That's how bad the demand is now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Toronto FC’s box-office concerns may be only temporary, with MLS on the rise in Canada. Saturday’s game against the Whitecaps on TSN was the most watched MLS match ever in Canada television, attracting an average audience of 289,000 viewers.
    well that's a positive!

and haven't we all been saying that the 'waiting list' was a load of bull for years?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the Red Patch Boys would be fine with fewer tickets sold. means fewer "fairweather" fans to bitch about after each game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigi Schmid after seattle's game against LA - ""Our league is a league where the team that usually has more possession loses because it's a counter-attacking league. That's the way they are set-up to play."

tfc had 66% possession on saturday. all 6 goals came from short quick direct moves.

this is going to be a long year,

overall though, aside from the defensive comedy, we weren't as bad as I intially thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    well that's a positive!

and haven't we all been saying that the 'waiting list' was a load of bull for years?
    Doesn't necessarily mean it was bull.
    Team has sucked for 4 years, and prices continue to skyrocket.
    I can see why people on the list don't want in.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC ownership finally makes some sound moves

The worst story of the bunch. Not a word in it is news, but the author commends MLSE for "sound moves" like hiring Klinsmann and Winter. What random fucking timing for a very random story.

Really wish the media would pick up their game around football in this town.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    I can see why people on the list don't want in.

I am in the list and I keep declining cause I would have to sell a kidney to get a partial pack....not really but you know what I mean!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strange timing on the tfc ownership article. reads like it could have been written months ago when we actually hired everyone and just recycled for todays paper.

of the problems it lists form last year, a bunch of them have happened again already, ie we had a bare bones squad again this year until filling it up with academy players, and that the de ro and cann issues have arisen again under the new management.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    re: Struggling to sell tickets.

This is where the hockey-mad media gets to start saying "told ya so."
    Caring little for the fact that it's the slap-in-the-face price increases, and crap product, that have driven/are driving lots of people away.
    You didn't read too closely, did you?

The story says, quite obviously, "ticket sales have been a massive struggle for the 2011 season. It appears the inferior on-field product and steep ticket price increases have finally caught up with them. A poor performance in Vancouver in a 4-2 loss to the expansion Whitecaps on Saturday does little to whet the ticket-buying appetite. And the thought of a rebuild for the team that has next to no team success is unbearable."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    TFC ownership finally makes some sound moves

The worst story of the bunch. Not a word in it is news, but the author commends MLSE for "sound moves" like hiring Klinsmann and Winter. What random fucking timing for a very random story.

Really wish the media would pick up their game around football in this town.
    Perhaps the author is buddies with someone at MLSE and MLSE needed a feelgood story written to counter the negativity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    Sigi Schmid after seattle's game against LA - ""Our league is a league where the team that usually has more possession loses because it's a counter-attacking league. That's the way they are set-up to play."

tfc had 66% possession on saturday. all 6 goals came from short quick direct moves.

this is going to be a long year,

overall though, aside from the defensive comedy, we weren't as bad as I intially thought.
    Nice article, good summary of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't read too closely, did you?

The story says, quite obviously, "ticket sales have been a massive struggle for the 2011 season. It appears the inferior on-field product and steep ticket price increases have finally caught up with them. A poor performance in Vancouver in a 4-2 loss to the expansion Whitecaps on Saturday does little to whet the ticket-buying appetite. And the thought of a rebuild for the team that has next to no team success is unbearable."
    Failing to see your point.
    I'm referring to hockey writers. Many of them like to piss on soccer and would love for it to not succeed. And won't really care about the above info., they would just like to thumb their noses and say "See!?"
    "Hockey-mad media" doesn't mean "all media."
    Think more closely.
    Last edited by GBV; 03-22-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike in years past, TFC attendance will definitely be impacted by the performance of the team this season.

I predict a slow start out of the gate, and a losing record over the first 10 games which will lead to average crowds of approximately 17,000 at BMO Field by the summer (not bad by MLS standards, but dismal by our standards).

However, I don't believe apathy will set in permanently in this market. If as I suspect, the team starts turning the corner in the second half of the season, the capacity crowds will eventually return.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    Failing to see your point.
    I'm referring to hockey writers. Many of them like to piss on soccer and would love for it to not succeed. And won't really care about the above info., they would just like to thumb their noses and say "See!?"
    "Hockey-mad media" doesn't mean "all media."
    Think more closely.
    Oh boy. Think more closely? How about you put away your broad brush strokes and actually listen to the radio or watch some TV from time to time. Even clowns like Bob McCown know the reasons behind TFC's failure. Getting angry at "hockey-mad media" makes you look like a sports fan with Napoleon syndrome.

No member of the media, hockey or otherwise, is failing to acknowledge exactly why TFC is risking failure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I thought the Red Patch Boys would be fine with fewer tickets sold. means fewer "fairweather" fans to bitch about after each game.
    There would still be a huge demand for tickets if the prices were lower and yes, that might even bring in a different type of fan.

And in a salary cap league lower ticket proces wouldn't even affect the team's very much. If the most and second-most expensive ticket prices were dropped substantially it still wouldn't cut into the operating budget for player salaries, it would only affect profit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice generalization you have there.

too bad it's based on the posts of a sliver of a minority of the people around here.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's an interesting comment to make. I'm pretty glad you are not an RPB memeber, otherwise people might think what you are saying has some truth to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE has made it very difficult to be a fan in the stands, from a cost point of view. It's fine to bring in Winter et al, but by jacking the prices again and again, they are already eroding their core supporters - who are not generally sitting in the dark greys and reds - and so the result is that the "cheap" seats will be mostly full, but they will find that all other seats, including the new and strangely priced north end addition, will fluctuate with the ebb and flow of the season. Without the corporate monopoly on seats like the Leafs have and, let's face it, a similar fan base to the Blue Jays (maybe 20 000 serious TFC fans), MLSE is now confronted with the reality that year by year less and less can be afforded by the average guy who wants to go to the game on a regular basis.

I almost didn't renew this year but my wife insisted, because we had agreed to commit for 5 years, but this is starting to feel like quitting smoking; I didn't want to, but I realized that I was spending money on something toxic that was killing me.

Sorry, this was off topic sort of. I tried to refrain but like a smoker, couldn't.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh boy. Think more closely? How about you put away your broad brush strokes and actually listen to the radio or watch some TV from time to time. Even clowns like Bob McCown know the reasons behind TFC's failure. Getting angry at "hockey-mad media" makes you look like a sports fan with Napoleon syndrome.

No member of the media, hockey or otherwise, is failing to acknowledge exactly why TFC is risking failure.
    I have a friend who isn't a football fan but is a sports fan.

And after year 1, he said to me "do you think you'll still get these crowds 4-5 years from now if the team is still losing?" This year might be the year when this gets tested.

But at the time his point was more in reference to how fickle sports fan, in general, are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Angry?"
    OK then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 110 View Post
    MLSE has made it very difficult to be a fan in the stands, from a cost point of view. It's fine to bring in Winter et al, but by jacking the prices again and again, they are already eroding their core supporters - who are not generally sitting in the dark greys and reds - and so the result is that the "cheap" seats will be mostly full, but they will find that all other seats, including the new and strangely priced north end addition, will fluctuate with the ebb and flow of the season. Without the corporate monopoly on seats like the Leafs have and, let's face it, a similar fan base to the Blue Jays (maybe 20 000 serious TFC fans), MLSE is now confronted with the reality that year by year less and less can be afforded by the average guy who wants to go to the game on a regular basis.

I almost didn't renew this year but my wife insisted, because we had agreed to commit for 5 years, but this is starting to feel like quitting smoking; I didn't want to, but I realized that I was spending money on something toxic that was killing me.

Sorry, this was off topic sort of. I tried to refrain but like a smoker, couldn't.
    The pricing of the North End seats insults the intelligence of the people sitting anywhere else in the stadium. It was an obvious attempt at cashing in on the demand which is where the priority was for the suits before they realized they had a shitty product on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant understand why anyone wouldnt want to pay $50+ dollars for a ticket to an early season game when the weather could be cold and rainy at a stadium with no roof, and a shit team.

What I would do to turn the ship around on falling attendance:

1) Buy a big name striker to help improve the marketability of the team both at BMO and on TV
    2) Revise ticket pricing (especially in the north end)
    3) Get the bulk of the games off GOL to expand brand awareness and loyalty (do this once the team has a big name striker)
    4) Invest in a bloody roof or fix the schedule so that we dont have so many early season matches in 2012
    5) Games on the half hour to appease to Go trainers so they show up on time and stay until the end of the match.

Easy!