Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Matchday Live - Now in Canada!

Just noticed (and didn't see it posted) that match day live is now available for us and it is 33% off until 3/28.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticed it said 'Local Blackout Rules May Apply', so I'm guessing all TFC games aren't viewable through Match Day? Or is there a way to get around that using a proxy or something??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think, the answers to those questions are yes and yes. Of course, there are still the tube sites that usually are broadcasting the games on the DirecTV feed. atdhe and that myp2p site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy crap, that mosiac view is very nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, neato. I have been switching back and forth between windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rapids are scary tonight. Casey / Cummins may be the best top 2 combo in the league this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark83 View Post
    Noticed it said 'Local Blackout Rules May Apply', so I'm guessing all TFC games aren't viewable through Match Day? Or is there a way to get around that using a proxy or something??

Yes. This is what they did last year as well... I bought it last year and was unable to watch a single TFC game.

Their might have been some but I have seasons and was at BMO for every home game. As far as the away games go, I didn't get to see 1 TFC game with Matchday Live.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the MLS, GolTV is not considered a National Channel, but TSN is.

Therefore, games on GolTV should be available on MatchDay Live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

II.
    Canada:

• The following MLS matches will be blacked out in Canada on
      MatchDay Live and MatchDay Live Mobile (the “Canadian Match Broadcasts”):

-
    All MLS games broadcast on TSN
    - Note: Vancouver Games broadcast on Rogers WILL stream on MDL and All Toronto FC games broadcast on GolTV will also stream on MDL (This is an update to the policy)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full rules here, incl. special rules for Canada: http://www.mlssoccer.com/blackout

If that turns out to be true, that's much better than last year, at least wrt. games broadcast on GolTV.

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm seriously considering buying it. I didn't buy last year because of the restrictions, but this year looks like good value.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post
    II.
    Canada:

• The following MLS matches will be blacked out in Canada on
      MatchDay Live and MatchDay Live Mobile (the “Canadian Match Broadcasts”):

-
    All MLS games broadcast on TSN
    - Note: Vancouver Games broadcast on Rogers WILL stream on MDL and All Toronto FC games broadcast on GolTV will also stream on MDL (This is an update to the policy)
    The TFC part of this makes it worth buying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's definately worth it for 40 bucks..get it now before it goes up to 60 ..its pretty awesome you get pretty much every game in HD at your fingertips with dvr controls n 3 games at once it's worth it especially if you like watching the other teams besides tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had this thing since it's inception. If you want to follow the MLS, there is no better way. I think it's very well priced for the value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone else tried using the iPad app? So far its been great for me. The ability to use Airplay and send the video to my Apple TV is by far the best feature. Also the ability to quickly play the highlights of a game in progress to get caught up is pretty sweet. I've been using this service since it's inception also and it has gotten better every year. I've been waiting eagerly for their first foray into the mobile space and I'm pretty impressed so far. Only thing missing for me is the ability to do multi game mosaic that the browser interface allows.

Also I was hoping to use the iPhone version while out but the extra $20 price tag is stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    Has anyone else tried using the iPad app? So far its been great for me. The ability to use Airplay and send the video to my Apple TV is by far the best feature. Also the ability to quickly play the highlights of a game in progress to get caught up is pretty sweet. I've been using this service since it's inception also and it has gotten better every year. I've been waiting eagerly for their first foray into the mobile space and I'm pretty impressed so far. Only thing missing for me is the ability to do multi game mosaic that the browser interface allows.

Also I was hoping to use the iPhone version while out but the extra $20 price tag is stupid.
    can you do that only through the Ipad app or can you do it through Itunes? My GF has Apple TV now (love that thing) and I would love to watch a game on there instead of the computer. But I have never used Airplay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    can you do that only through the Ipad app or can you do it through Itunes? My GF has Apple TV now (love that thing) and I would love to watch a game on there instead of the computer. But I have never used Airplay.
    So far you can only do it using the iPad app I believe. The MDL service on the web uses Silverlight to display the video and Apple doesn't support that because it's a Microsoft product. The app must be streaming the video in an Apple friendly format such as h.264 video to work with Airplay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The iPad app is sexy

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK