Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFCPics - New Stats Section Now online

Since he is not registered on this board my friend Scotty who has created the tfcpics website wanted me to post this here.

TFCpics has been updated for 2011 ......

We have returned to the "Coppermine" gallery program as it is the most stable one out there and all 7200 photos uploaded from 2007-2010 seasons are available for viewing. Galleries for the first couple of games of 2011 have also been created so whether you are at the Duke, the Rhino, Shoeless or in Vancouver tomorrow, there's somewhere (in addition to Flickr, Facebook or elsewhere) that you can upload and share your photos with other TFC fans ....

The Video Gallery is also back and you can upload files, link or link to videos from YouTube, Vimeo etc. A few have been added but I would like to get loads more.....

New for 2011 are the Stats pages. With the help of some other TFC fans to provide some missing data, I have managed to get lineups, results, scorers, cautions, ejections etc for all of TFC's games since 2007. You can browse by player, by season, by opponent, etc and see our records as well as player information for everyone who has ever taken to the pitch for TFC or been listed as a sub (used or unused). Many of the records can be further filtered to get the data you want. Some of the friendlies are missing information, and some of the CCL games are missing complete lists of subs but these do not appear to be available anywhere on the Interweb .... so if you notice any errors or omissions then let me know but we I am reasonably confident that all stats for "competitive" fixtures (ie. MLS, NCC, CCL) are fully up to date.

If you have any sugestions for further additions to the site, or if you want to contribute in some manner and need some help with uploading photos or video then let me know via the contact page on the site and I will be happy to help. One thing we will NOT add is a forum. We have no desire to tread on the toes of our friends in U-Sector, Red Patch, BigSoccer or NEE who already have perfectly good and active forums and our articles will not be blogger style as there are plenty of those to go around too including the other site affiliated to TFCpics (and available from a link on our menu) ... ViewFromTheSouthStands.com (aka, Bgmewf's blog Blog).

One thing we are still working on is the speed of the site. It can be a bit slow to load initially due to the sheer size of some of the files and all the calls to various bits of the site, but I am working on that with the help of someone else and we hope to improve it as the season progresses.

Please feel free to check it out

http://tfcpics.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NICE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Sir, are one motivated fan.

Well Done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good stuff.. really like the one of the 2 girls.. sorry the prev in me

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Since he is not registered on this board my friend Scotty who has created the tfcpics website wanted me to post this here.

TFCpics has been updated for 2011 ......

We have returned to the "Coppermine" gallery program as it is the most stable one out there and all 7200 photos uploaded from 2007-2010 seasons are available for viewing. Galleries for the first couple of games of 2011 have also been created so whether you are at the Duke, the Rhino, Shoeless or in Vancouver tomorrow, there's somewhere (in addition to Flickr, Facebook or elsewhere) that you can upload and share your photos with other TFC fans ....

The Video Gallery is also back and you can upload files, link or link to videos from YouTube, Vimeo etc. A few have been added but I would like to get loads more.....

New for 2011 are the Stats pages. With the help of some other TFC fans to provide some missing data, I have managed to get lineups, results, scorers, cautions, ejections etc for all of TFC's games since 2007. You can browse by player, by season, by opponent, etc and see our records as well as player information for everyone who has ever taken to the pitch for TFC or been listed as a sub (used or unused). Many of the records can be further filtered to get the data you want. Some of the friendlies are missing information, and some of the CCL games are missing complete lists of subs but these do not appear to be available anywhere on the Interweb .... so if you notice any errors or omissions then let me know but we I am reasonably confident that all stats for "competitive" fixtures (ie. MLS, NCC, CCL) are fully up to date.

If you have any sugestions for further additions to the site, or if you want to contribute in some manner and need some help with uploading photos or video then let me know via the contact page on the site and I will be happy to help. One thing we will NOT add is a forum. We have no desire to tread on the toes of our friends in U-Sector, Red Patch, BigSoccer or NEE who already have perfectly good and active forums and our articles will not be blogger style as there are plenty of those to go around too including the other site affiliated to TFCpics (and available from a link on our menu) ... ViewFromTheSouthStands.com (aka, Bgmewf's blog Blog).

One thing we are still working on is the speed of the site. It can be a bit slow to load initially due to the sheer size of some of the files and all the calls to various bits of the site, but I am working on that with the help of someone else and we hope to improve it as the season progresses.

Please feel free to check it out

http://tfcpics.com
    That is one great resource, noticed when going through the players you are missing Kevin Guppy, who dressed from the MLS GK pool for the third to last game of the regular of 2009 season before Ben Dragovan was brought in for the final two, also I have TFC pics for almost everyone if you want to change any of the guys pics you have with other teams.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    That is one great resource, noticed when going through the players you are missing Kevin Guppy, who dressed from the MLS GK pool for the third to last game of the regular of 2009 season before Ben Dragovan was brought in for the final two, also I have TFC pics for almost everyone if you want to change any of the guys pics you have with other teams.
    Scotty [from TFCpics] here .... Think I was registered once before, but my profile may have expired and none of my email addresses are recognised .. so here I am again now that Bgnewf has posted about the site.

With regards to the stats .... Kevin Guppy is in there !!! Unused Sub 10/10/09 Vs San Jose !!!

It was quite an experience going through the names ... some I remembered, some I forgot, some I wanted to forget, and some I never even knew about, but I think I have got most of them now ..... My criteria is simple. If the player has taken to the field in a competitive match (MLS/NCC/CCL) or has been listed as a sub in a competitive match then they are listed. If they were a trialist or appeared in a friendly or pre-season game then they are not listed unless they eventually became part of the senior roster.

One of the problems I encountered was that many of the resources for getting lineups and especially subs listings are no longer available (the old TFC site for example doesnt show up well even on the wayback engine), but with the help of the ESPN site and the dedicated sites for the NCC and Concacaf (who only list used subs not unused ones) I think its fairly complete. Always happy to apply any corrections that other TFC fans point out to me though. Basically added the stats as I am a bit of a geek that way and have been keeping spreadsheets of various bits of information going back to 2007 ..... so this sort of stuff interests me.

I am busy tweaking some of the pages on the site so they can pull more information from the database. The original stats program is no longer supported by the writer and only pulls basic info. I have added some queries but there are more to come. Not a php/sql expert so it may take time but I will get there. I defnitely want to add a referee section as I have all the referee stats, and they are in the DB, but just need to get time and brain working enough to create the queries to pull an display it ... going through it, it would seem that Baldomero Toledo - crap ref as he is - is not the man we should fear most !

If anyone wants to provide a better photo for any of the player profiles than is there already then I am happy to accept. Simply upload it to the gallery, or email it to webadmin [at] tfcpics [dot] com. Equally, if anyone has suggestions or offers of help wih SQL/PHP then I am not too proud to accept !