Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Reserve League!

The league is comprised of three six-team divisions. Teams will play each division foe twice in the 10-game campaign.

EAST - Columbus Crew, D.C. United, New England Revolution, New York Red Bulls, Philadelphia Union, Toronto FC
    CENTRAL - Chicago Fire, Colorado Rapids, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City
    WEST - Chivas USA, Los Angeles Galaxy, Portland Timbers, San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders, Vancouver Whitecaps

Date______Home Team_________Away Team_________Time________Location

17-Apr...............Toronto FC........... D.C. United ............. 11:00 AM ........... TBD

23-Apr...............Toronto FC........... Columbus Crew......... 6:45 PM ............. TBD

29-May.............. Toronto FC........... Philadelphia Union..... 10:00 AM............ TBD

21-Jun............... Toronto FC........... NE Revolution........... 10:00 AM............ TBD

6-Jul.............. NY Red Bulls .............. Toronto FC .............. 10:00 AM.............. TBD

7-Aug.............. D.C. United.............. Toronto FC.............. 10:00 AM.............. D.C. United Training Field

2-Sep.............. NE Revolution.............. Toronto FC.............. 10:00 AM.............. Gillette Stadium/TBD

11-Sep.............. Columbus Crew.............. Toronto FC.............. 10:00 AM.............. Columbus Crew Stadium

1-Oct .............. Toronto FC.............. NY Red Bulls.............. 10:00 AM.............. TBD

16-Oct .............. Philadelphia Union...... Toronto FC .............. 10:00 AM.............. Union Training Fields (exact location TBD)

For the Full League Schedule
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...s-kicks-sunday
    Last edited by Shway; 03-18-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who's in charge of the reserve team bent or de klerk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    who's in charge of the reserve team bent or de klerk
    thats exactly what my question was going to be.

I would assume bent right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding it will be Bob de Klerk heading up the reserve side.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many games did they play in 2007?
    I went to a few.

I remember Jon Busch being the reserve keeper for Chicago in the game at BMO. People were heckling him. He really blossomed in the following years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    how many games did they play in 2007?
    I went to a few.

I remember Jon Busch being the reserve keeper for Chicago in the game at BMO. People were heckling him. He really blossomed in the following years.
    The reserve season in 2007 was 12 games, 6 home, 6 away. I am actually looking forward to attending the reserve game in New York on July 7th.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some videos from that reserve game in 2007. ahhh, the memories...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio is in charge of the senior academy squad. Bent and De Klerk are Winter's first team assistants. Apparently, Jimmy B is in charge of the junior academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what i thought... so Dichio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only 10 games? Better than nothing, I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a weird schedule.
    All home for 3 months...then all away for 3 months

JUst strange... the senior teams schedule is equally weird with so many home games loaded to when the weather is still dodgy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reserve Matches

As a season ticket holder back in 2007 you could watch the reserve matches free by showing my Club card.

Does anyone know if the same setup is in place this season?

Cheers

skypilot69

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gern3000 View Post
    Dichio is in charge of the senior academy squad. Bent and De Klerk are Winter's first team assistants. Apparently, Jimmy B is in charge of the junior academy.
    Bent and De Klerk are responsible for reserve team.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on everyone, we need all the RPB's to stay for the reserve games and show our real support for the Reds, it got so empty for some games at BMO in the past. We have to all hold off from going to Joe's and support the Reds through it all. Shoeless and whatever other bar you want to go too will still be there after the reserve game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Come on everyone, we need all the RPB's to stay for the reserve games and show our real support for the Reds, it got so empty for some games at BMO in the past. We have to all hold off from going to Joe's and support the Reds through it all. Shoeless and whatever other bar you want to go too will still be there after the reserve game.
    there's only 1 reserve game that we can stay for... the rest are on different days than the regular games or are in the morning of game day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we then have to come down early, come back the next day, the Reds need our support at the reserve games, we need to be there to be loud and proud.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How could the league have Reserve games before the main game? I thought the point was to give guys who were subbed in late and players who didn't get in at all a chance to impress.

If labour laws are the same as the old reserve league, you could only play a total of 90 minutes per day...so guys in the main game could start the reserve game and be subbed out later.

You wear out a marginal player earlier in the day and he can't come in as a sub either tired or league rules?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding the reserve games will most likely not be played at BMO Field, from what I hear Lamport Stadium and Cherry Beach are in consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably a good idea to keep the grass in good shape

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to check these games out. This and the Accies means a whole lot of Red!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With trips planned to NYC in July and D.C. in August for the Reds road games against their divisional opponents, I plan on attending the reserve game in both cities the next morning.

The United's home reserve games are played at the RFK Stadium auxiliary fields.

http://www.dcunited.com/stadium/dire...xiliary-fields

Not sure if the reserve game against RBNY will be played at Red Bull Arena or Montclaire State University.