Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFO1981 View Post
    I find it interesting that so many of you are having a problem with this. People are chanting and getting involved. Also, can we finally get over this crap about casual or part time fans chanting? They are supporters just as we are. I brought 3 new people out yesterday and they did their best to learn the chants. They weren’t always correct but they are trying. It is threads like this that give supporters groups a bad name. You want people to chant, you don’t want people to chant. What is it you want?
    FYI – there were a quite a few chanters in the tunnel with RPB and U-Sector gear on so let’s also ease up on our own people.
    Cheers
    Very true. Too much elitism in Supporter's groups isn't good for the club. People will be turned off and not want to attend games if they think they'll be heckled for not knowing every single chant perfectly or not being a football fan before their first TFC experience. We're looking to grow interest in TFC, not shrink it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it interesting that so many of you are having a problem with this. People are chanting and getting involved. Also, can we finally get over this crap about casual or part time fans chanting? They are supporters just as we are. I brought 3 new people out yesterday and they did their best to learn the chants. They weren’t always correct but they are trying. It is threads like this that give supporters groups a bad name. You want people to chant, you don’t want people to chant. What is it you want?
    FYI – there were a quite a few chanters in the tunnel with RPB and U-Sector gear on so let’s also ease up on our own people.
    Cheers
    AFO got it right.

We're all pissed . . fuckin LIvid@! fuckin disgusted and gutted from yesterday. . . . lets take it easy on each other.. .

I feel like I got a shank RIGHT to the kidneys.

like I got hoofed HARD in the sack by a one legged, toothless, pirate hooker, who just sold 2 pints of blood to buy a bottle of listerine and some epoxy solvent.

like I was used and abused by a bunch burn victim Viet nam war veterans chanting "ass to ass!"

like I had to lick the slimey gooey bottom of the grease trap behind Zanzibar, and not even LUX soap can get the taste out of my mouth

like. .

well you get the idea.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers
    Probably a lot of truth in this post. This was one of the first games it was fairly easy for new people to get tickets for. If we look deep enough we can all find things to be pissed off about. The historically quiet Toronto sports crowd now having a fanbase that will sing and chant after losing (even if a funeral procession would have been more appropriate) is not high on my list of things to get annoyed at.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is a thread like this give supporters groups a bad rep? I think there are worst things for that, like violence. To this point, I think TFC supporters are very good in staying out of that.

All I am saying is that we should chant appropriately. I brought 2 first-time friends to the game as well. They loved it when the VAN player shot the ball over the net and everyone chanted "Who are ya?" They also loved all those referee chants because the ref obviously made some bad calls. We were near the end of the tunnel when ppl behind us started chanting TIOH. Most ppl near us were pissed because of that. We weren't there and didn't know why the chant started. But, from our point of view, it was bad timing for that chant.

Honestly, do we want first timers to think that we chant randomly and pointlessly? I think people are smart enough to tell which chant is appropriate and which is not. I bet they would appreciate the chants A LOT more if they are meaningful.

blackandwhite

Cheers

The game is over..we lost.. if you wanna chant then do it during the game... fuck off with your drunk ass show off to your family and friends... You are not cool... just a drunk idiot..
    anyone can be a RPB and USector... doesn't mean anyone with a RPB ior USector scarf is a real supporter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dag View Post
    That was (hopefully!) the last game I attend by usingg the GO train. Being a quiet person myself, I'm not a fan of these public displays, regardless of the game's outcome. At least it takes only a few minutes to traverse the tracks through the tunnel, and my eardrums weren't ringing afterward.

Is it any better on the TTC?
    a number of NEE folk take the Dufferin bridge across

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egoodwin View Post
    a number of NEE folk take the Dufferin bridge across
    I need to start taking that route, at least until I can walk up and down flights of stairs without any pain or discomfort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    The game is over..we lost.. if you wanna chant then do it during the game... fuck off with your drunk ass show off to your family and friends... You are not cool... just a drunk idiot..
    anyone can be a RPB and USector... doesn't mean anyone with a RPB ior USector scarf is a real supporter.
    Wow, man you really need to call someone to help you work out your issues. Nobody said anything about showing off, and for the record there were 2 drums leading the tunnel chants at one point. If you don't like it, don't listen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan69 View Post
    I need to start taking that route, at least until I can walk up and down flights of stairs without any pain or discomfort.

Elevator at both ends of the train tunnel.

blackandwhite

Wow, man you really need to call someone to help you work out your issues. Nobody said anything about showing off, and for the record there were 2 drums leading the tunnel chants at one point. If you don't like it, don't listen.

hahaha kid.. you don't like my posts? dont read it.. grow up and stop chanting after the game...
    Why dont you go watch your soccer on TV.. you don't belong to the stadiumm like the 90% of the people who show up at game day.
    Last edited by blackandwhite; 07-02-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard this in the tunnel too...Although we were at home yesterday, so this may not apply....but in DC we kept on chanting on the way back to the hotel....Bluenose reminded me that we should NEVER show defeat to the opponent....but 'This is Our House' after losing makes that chant seem even worse than before....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"This Is Our House" is a chant best suited for away games. It sounds rather ridiculous when it's being done at BMO or a GO Train tunnel or anywhere else. The chant should only be done at away games and never at home, but people will never see it that way unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha kid.. you don't like my posts? dont read it.. grow up and stop chanting after the game...
    Why dont you go watch your soccer on TV.. you don't belong to the stadiumm like the 90% of the people who show up at game day.
    I don't read your posts, you replied to me. All I am saying is that fans have a life cycle and you need to be able to replace them as they move on. I'm sure that it took some time for you to learn the chants. Help out the new people, then maybe once everyone is on the same page you won't be able to bitch about the 90% that shouldn't be in the stadium.

blackandwhite

I don't read your posts, you replied to me. All I am saying is that fans have a life cycle and you need to be able to replace them as they move on. I'm sure that it took some time for you to learn the chants. Help out the new people, then maybe once everyone is on the same page you won't be able to bitch about the 90% that shouldn't be in the stadium.
    hahahah you don't even know who are talking to AND you are "RPB Member". This is why i said anyone can be RPB or Usector...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahah you don't even know who are talking to AND you are "RPB Member". This is why i said anyone can be RPB or Usector...

What does this have to do with anything? Do you know me? I have been to several RPB events and have never had the pleasure of meeting you. Maybe next time we can meet...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think it took Deniz any time to learn the chants or anything like that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the Chin picnic for a while after the game. By the time I got to the Go station there was no one around and Robbo was there with his Family got to have a chat with him and told him to Stick it to them in Van city super nice guy said next game will be a better outing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    Even worse were some people in the South End who seemed to be trying to put Sutton off when he took goal kicks - at least that's how it sounded in 110. Not sure if they meant something else but we do this only to put off the opposition's goalkeeper.
    In 115 you know what was driving me fucking nuts?!

'Sutton! Sutton! Sutton Sutton give us a wave!'

What the fuck are you distracting our keeper during play for?!

It wasnt like he was walking back into the goal for a drink or something either, this was during play; knees bent, ready to react and get in position for any sudden balls that might come his way.

Honestly this need to constantly sing no matter the circumstances annoys the fuck out of me. Sing stupid songs like that during warm-up. Holy fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    LOL!

Yeah...I would have been totally pissed hearing that too. I like that people want to chant...but after a loss at our house...it is the most inappropriate thing to sing. It only points to how much people still have to learn.

Idiots.
    DITTO!!!
    It was THEIR house yesterday...with the ref living rent-free in the basement apartment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really dont wanna make another piss thread, but who was that guy with the Puerto Rico flag? am i the only one that thought that was a stupid thing to do? In any match i wouldn't mind, but on fucking CANADA day? wtf are u thinking? show some dam respect for the country

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    i really dont wanna make another piss thread, but who was that guy with the Puerto Rico flag? am i the only one that thought that was a stupid thing to do? In any match i wouldn't mind, but on fucking CANADA day? wtf are u thinking? show some dam respect for the country
    Were there even any Puerto Ricans on the pitch?

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    Were there even any Puerto Ricans on the pitch?
    and you are a TFC fan??

MARCO!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VELEZ!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that it was brought out and held proudly while a certain player on the pitch was running towards that section... hm, nah it couldn't have applied to anyone we know could it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blackandwhite eats small children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know about Velez. Like i said any other game i won't mind at all, but like i said it was CANADA day!!!. Doesn't that mean anything to you?

blackandwhite

If you are gonna bitch about flags send a PM to Marc and ask him why we have other nations' flags flown at Canada's National Soccer Stadium on a Canada Day!!!

At least make an effort to do something..even the Jays had Canada flags on their caps yesterday!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know about Velez. Like i said any other game i won't mind at all, but like i said it was CANADA day!!!. Doesn't that mean anything to you?
    Quick...everyone...it's Canada Day...put all your non-Canada flags away...there is 364 other days a year you can forget you're Canadian!

Let's get a handle on ourselves people...sheesh...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    I know we had better things to worry/complain about after yesterday's game. But, we were in the GO train tunnel after the game and there were people chanting "This is our house." Like, people please, we just lost a f-king game and you think this chant is appropriate?

I am sorry. After an embarassing lost like this, I feel like putting my pants over my head and walk home in silence.
    actually the chanting in the tunnel sounded way better then it did in the park, while the loss was nothing to be proud of it wasn't the end of the world either, we need a point in Vancouver next wednesay ( no TV) and beat montreal and were in the CL.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Quick...everyone...it's Canada Day...put all your non-Canada flags away...there is 364 other days a year you can forget you're Canadian!

Let's get a handle on ourselves people...sheesh...
    1 out of 365 would be a start, don't you think