Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default chanting in the GO train tunnel

I know we had better things to worry/complain about after yesterday's game. But, we were in the GO train tunnel after the game and there were people chanting "This is our house." Like, people please, we just lost a f-king game and you think this chant is appropriate?

I am sorry. After an embarassing lost like this, I feel like putting my pants over my head and walk home in silence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!

Yeah...I would have been totally pissed hearing that too. I like that people want to chant...but after a loss at our house...it is the most inappropriate thing to sing. It only points to how much people still have to learn.

Idiots.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't handle the fuckin' tunnel anymore. I have to find another way. I'm going to try and take up poll vaulting over the GO Train tracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax guys - at least people were chanting. We will support our team through thick and thin, we won't shut up because of one loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tunnel is still great and shows the passion the TFC fans have for their team.
    But I really hate the "This is our house" chant! The next thing you know the first-timers will start chanting "Defense" of "Let's Go FC".....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was (hopefully!) the last game I attend by usingg the GO train. Being a quiet person myself, I'm not a fan of these public displays, regardless of the game's outcome. At least it takes only a few minutes to traverse the tracks through the tunnel, and my eardrums weren't ringing afterward.

Is it any better on the TTC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    LOL!

Yeah...I would have been totally pissed hearing that too. I like that people want to chant...but after a loss at our house...it is the most inappropriate thing to sing. It only points to how much people still have to learn.

Idiots.
    I heard ole ole chants towards the end of the game... I think this is the most inappropriate chant when losing a game. I don't think people understand what it means... I am all for noise but unless we are winning and looking convincing about it, I will never sing this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We parked our bikes Atlantic, just north of the GO station, but due to so many douchebags chanting up a storm on the walk under the GO tracks, we now from the stadium, over to Dufferin, then BACK to Atlantic.... the extra 20 mins was well worth not having to listen to part-time fans chanting after a loss. *golf clap*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    I know we had better things to worry/complain about after yesterday's game. But, we were in the GO train tunnel after the game and there were people chanting "This is our house." Like, people please, we just lost a f-king game and you think this chant is appropriate?

I am sorry. After an embarassing lost like this, I feel like putting my pants over my head and walk home in silence.
    quite right...I don't get it..I was ashamed of the team yesterday and as a football supporter of 30years + standing know when it is appropriate to sing and cheer, and know when to look broody and pissed off. Yesterday evening fell into the latter category. I was furious at the team and the officials.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not saying that we shouldn't chant after a loss. But at least there are more appropriate things to chant, something like "We got screwed by the referree." I just don't need to be reminded that we got embarassed in our house. Will they start chanting "it's all your fault" to sutton after a goal? NO!

I understand that the tunnel is annoying for the quiet people. If you wait another 20-30 minutes, it will clear up and quiet down. Too bad there is no other close way to the other side of the track.
    Last edited by yellowfellow; 07-02-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORE CHANTS. this is our house, ole ole (on the right conditions), TFC clapping is making my head hurt...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's inapropriate. It's also the unintiated loving their experience despite the loss. I give them a pass...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much Soccer elitism in threads like these..

I was in the tunnel and I took it a completely different way. What started as angry grumblings, swearing, accusations and excuses slowly worked it's way into a healthy chant that I think reunited the frustrations of people in more of a 'get them next time' sense. There wasn't shit-all to be done about it at that point, so might as well rally the troops for the next battle.

Banging on the metal siding has to stop though; if only because my ears were ringing for 20 minutes afterward :\

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    quite right...I don't get it..I was ashamed of the team yesterday and as a football supporter of 30years + standing know when it is appropriate to sing and cheer, and know when to look broody and pissed off. Yesterday evening fell into the latter category. I was furious at the team and the officials.
    I hear ya...I can see and hear you from my seats in 114 and you guys really liven up that part of the stadium. Shame that the effort in the stands wasn't reflected on the pitch.

I certainly didn't have much reason for singing after the game yesterday.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I went threw it was dead quiet, until me and a couple buddies started the 'Fuck the CSA' chants...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those that hate the chanting in the tunnel cuz it's too loud....bring earplugs.....effin' poofs....

Heathen

Did anyone in 115/116 hear the guys with the drum at the top start a "Lets go reds" chant? I thought they were taking the piss now I'm not so sure

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These were the same guys trying to start the massive at the 7th min...We all had a first time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this is so fustrt\ating. People really need to learn when to use certain chants.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    These were the same guys trying to start the massive at the 7th min...We all had a first time...
    Let's go _____ is never acceptable

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's reading now he knows but I think he got the jist when his chants died. I mean he was actually trying to interupt the singing in the section. But he clued in by the end of the game and had a good time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo1405 View Post
    MORE CHANTS. this is our house, ole ole (on the right conditions), TFC clapping is making my head hurt...
    Agreed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complaining about chanting in the tunnel after the game? I guess some people need to scrape the bottom of the barrel looking for reasons to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    I heard ole ole chants towards the end of the game... I think this is the most inappropriate chant when losing a game. I don't think people understand what it means... I am all for noise but unless we are winning and looking convincing about it, I will never sing this.

most inappropriate chant is the "stand up for TFC" when the players haven't even taken the pitch yet!!

i'll stand when the damn game starts, let me sit while the pitch is empty. Geeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ACSertL View Post
    I hear ya...I can see and hear you from my seats in 114 and you guys really liven up that part of the stadium. Shame that the effort in the stands wasn't reflected on the pitch.

I certainly didn't have much reason for singing after the game yesterday.
    come over and say Hi sometime...we need more 114/115 co-operation, mate!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come over and say Hi sometime...we need more 114/115 co-operation, mate!
    Sure will!

I don't think I heard the beans coming out the tin yesterday!
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even worse were some people in the South End who seemed to be trying to put Sutton off when he took goal kicks - at least that's how it sounded in 110. Not sure if they meant something else but we do this only to put off the opposition's goalkeeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ACSertL View Post
    Sure will!

I don't think I heard the beans coming out the tin yesterday!
    LOL...Yeah I was over in 112 yesterday and berated the missus for not starting that in the 57th (Heinz...geddit) minute!
    Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it interesting that so many of you are having a problem with this. People are chanting and getting involved. Also, can we finally get over this crap about casual or part time fans chanting? They are supporters just as we are. I brought 3 new people out yesterday and they did their best to learn the chants. They weren’t always correct but they are trying. It is threads like this that give supporters groups a bad name. You want people to chant, you don’t want people to chant. What is it you want?
    FYI – there were a quite a few chanters in the tunnel with RPB and U-Sector gear on so let’s also ease up on our own people.
    Cheers

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...Yeah I was over in 112 yesterday and berated the missus for not starting that in the 57th (Heinz...geddit) minute!
    Cheers!
    As you should have!