Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dero's Twittering after the game..

I've been a season ticket holder since day one. Long time reader and first time poster here. Something has been bothering me all day about Dero's tweet after the game last night.

In case you missed it..said something along the lines of "8000th MLS goal.. thanks to fans and players/staff for helping ME achieve that goal." He makes it sound like he just scored his 8000th goal in MLS, but that's not the problem..The problem is that this team had just lost, and lost embarrassingly to an expanison team.

Now most of us weren't expecting the Whitecraps to go as long as TFC before getting their first MLS goal since they aren't a real "expansion" team like TFC was. The problem is that TFC gave up 4 goals when most people on this board, myself included, thought that 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 where all possible scores. I highly doubt ANYONE would have predicted giving up 4 goals, when Vancouver has definite scoring issues.

So to have our captain come out and celebrate HIS goal and not mention the teams failure shows that he always will be a me-first player and that's not the guy I would want as the captain of the team.

Sorry to Mods if this is in the wrong place.. i'm a new poster and just need to vent. Yesterday was a very frustrating day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A conversation about this already took place elsewhere - can't remember exactly where.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a joke. Your team (and he's the captain so it is HIS team) - your team gets pumped 4-2 by an expansion team and you really tweet about the 8000th MLS goal?
    1) Who gives a shit about the 8000 goal?
    2) 7922 of them weren't by him so again - who gives a shit.

I'm starting to think that DeRo might actually be slightly retarded.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the post-game interview and then you will realize why it was tweeted. That and in case some here may not already know, many of the players have others tweet for them. Not all tweets are from the players themselves. Either way, I am done trying to defend him on his board. If you're gonna like him, like him. If you're gonna hate him, you'll look for any excuse to justify your position. Carry on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is not behind his twitter account.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I think the explanation that someone tweeted it for him is completely reasonable, and his post-game interview pretty much confirms it, I don't think it was unreasonable for people to initially assume he tweeted it himself.

But now that we know it was the former, let's move on to actual substantive stuff.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    the reason he want a raise is to pay a twitterer !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in no way saying that Dero is a bad player. I like Dero..he scores clutch goals when we need them. I just don't think he's the player most suited to represent TFC as the captain. I want Dero on this team because without him we are absolutely near the bottom of the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while he may not be the one putting the tweets out there, his account does represent him....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the guy just cant do anything right with this bunch ... fuck me seriously seems some of you bitch at every little thing he does..

big fuckin deal he tweeted about getting the 8000th goal for mls

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    the guy just cant do anything right with this bunch ... fuck me seriously seems some of you bitch at every little thing he does..

what the hell u are always supposed to in theory take away something positive ..
    u are right big deal , it's just a novlety // scoring and twittin

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post

I think it's a big deal.

Your team just got embarrassed 4-1 (could have been worse) by a Vancouver team that had never even played a game.

As team captain, he should keep his trap shut about personal achievement when his team gets spanked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I think it's a big deal.

Your team just got embarrassed 4-1 (could have been worse) by a Vancouver team that had never even played a game.

As team captain, he should keep his trap shut about personal achievement when his team gets spanked.
    right on....your goal is much less meaningful then an embarrassing team loss

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, whoever got the 8000th goal was probably instructed by MLS to, at the very least, comment on it; the league has a history of glorifying achievements that, for the most part, are not milestones nor historic.

I think if, for example, Maicon got it and posted this tweet, people wouldn't care, and that's where this De Rosario hate has gotten out of hand. Not everything he does is an insult or a slap in the face, unless you, the viewer, make it one. I think this has literally no impact on his goalscoring, the teams morale or chemistry, so scrutinizing it is pointless.

It's just a tweet. There are athletes who tweet about taking each individual piss throughout the day. Who cares? If you're looking for a reason to hate De Rosario, this ain't worth your energy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

WHAT!!!! You are fucking kidding me right??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, whoever got the 8000th goal was probably instructed by MLS to, at the very least, comment on it; the league has a history of glorifying achievements that, for the most part, are not milestones nor historic.

I think if, for example, Maicon got it and posted this tweet, people wouldn't care, and that's where this De Rosario hate has gotten out of hand. Not everything he does is an insult or a slap in the face, unless you, the viewer, make it one. I think this has literally no impact on his goalscoring, the teams morale or chemistry, so scrutinizing it is pointless.

It's just a tweet. There are athletes who tweet about taking each individual piss throughout the day. Who cares? If you're looking for a reason to hate De Rosario, this ain't worth your energy.
    A tweet that apparantly didn't happen. But people keep choosing to post in this thread. I think that says enough about tabloid hungry people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    A tweet that apparantly didn't happen. But people keep choosing to post in this thread. I think that says enough about tabloid hungry people.
    ummm...what??

this is directly from his twitter page

8,000th goal in MLS HISTORY! Thanks to all the players/staff and fans for helping me achieve that goal...
    about 23 hours ago via Facebook

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    ummm...what??

this is directly from his twitter page
    Apparantly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    While I think the explanation that someone tweeted it for him is completely reasonable, and his post-game interview pretty much confirms it, I don't think it was unreasonable for people to initially assume he tweeted it himself.

But now that we know it was the former, let's move on to actual substantive stuff.

- Scott

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's pretty lame if he doesn't do his own tweeting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you might have misunderstood what I meant, Pachuco. The tweet DID come from his twitter page, but there is aimple evidence that someone actually tweeted it on his behalf.

So, DeRo didn't post it himself, someone did it for him. And clearly that someone didn't realize that it might look tacky after DeRo's team lost a game.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I think you might have misunderstood what I meant, Pachuco. The tweet DID come from his twitter page, but there is aimple evidence that someone actually tweeted it on his behalf.

So, DeRo didn't post it himself, someone did it for him. And clearly that someone didn't realize that it might look tacky after DeRo's team lost a game.

- Scott
    I didn't misunderstand it. If Dero didn't tweet it then what people are accusing Dero of doing didn't happen. Simple in my mind. No reason to go on about what he did when he didn't do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    That's pretty lame if he doesn't do his own tweeting.

I'm sure like many celebrity/athlete twitter accounts, some tweets are his own, while he also has a person who tweets on his behalf.

- Scott

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't misunderstand it. If Dero didn't tweet it then what people are accusing Dero of doing didn't happen. Simple in my mind. No reason to go on about what he did when he didn't do it.
    Ahh okay - I thought you were under the impression that I meant the tweet was never made at all. My bad.

But yes - lets move on. There are valid things to criticize DeRo for, but making an issue of stuff like this just harms your credibility for the conversations that actually have merit.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really people.....he DID score the 8000th goal in MLS. What gives? He tweeted it and thanked the world for letting it happen to him. Get the fuck over it already.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    while he may not be the one putting the tweets out there, his account does represent him....

And? His account is a promotional tool and one that his promotional people used when the fact was presented. That people want to make it a negative is unavoidable because when you want to hate someone, you look for reasons to justify your hatred. Is the fact wrong? Is it a slight on TFC? If the rationale here is that DeRo posting such a thing reflects a failure to reflect on the game they just lost, then the fact that he didn't post it AND that his interviews all point to a reflection on the game should quite simply make this a moot point. But somehow I don't think it will be.

Next up: DeRo posts about Champions League. Quick, somebody slam him for not paying enough attention to MLS.

This is shades of Rohan Ricketts and what he went through with these fickle fans. When someone annoys you, even the fact that are breathing they same air as you is something you will complain about.

Call me when DeRo tweets something to really get angry about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    And? His account is a promotional tool and one that his promotional people used when the fact was presented. That people want to make it a negative is unavoidable because when you want to hate someone, you look for reasons to justify your hatred. Is the fact wrong? Is it a slight on TFC? If the rationale here is that DeRo posting such a thing reflects a failure to reflect on the game they just lost, then the fact that he didn't post it AND that his interviews all point to a reflection on the game should quite simply make this a moot point. But somehow I don't think it will be.

Next up: DeRo posts about Champions League. Quick, somebody slam him for not paying enough attention to MLS.

This is shades of Rohan Ricketts and what he went through with these fickle fans. When someone annoys you, even the fact that are breathing they same air as you is something you will complain about.

You liar. I thought you were done defending him?

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that big of a deal, I just expect more of a captain of the team after a humiliating loss.

If he didn't post it, whatever, but its been a day, and the post is still up.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

check his account....not a single mention of yesterdays loss. I'd personally hope there'd be a mention of that before seeing a link to a picture of the CL draw on his FB page.

It's not a huge thing....but as captain of our team, I maybe expect more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he didn't tweet about it, people would complain too. I'm sick of hearing about what Dero does off the field. He scored another beautiful goal and proved his worth to this team again. That's all I care about.

When the team wins it makes me happy. When they lose, I'm disappointed. I don't understand how you ever expect to get any happiness out of examining someone else's personal life. Your ticket price entitles you to watch the games. Players should be judged by what they do on the field. All the rest is just gossip.