Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D'
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

morning D',

coed girls 1 and 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see the comments in the Sun article about refereeing. With a central "control base" and the referees now having a location in the league office I wonder if officiating will improve over the longer haul.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The simple Crew Equasion:

CREW - Schelotto. Hejduk, Gino Padula, Brian Carroll and Steven Lenhart.. . INSERt Cunningham? - this may be the year we beat them. . . . TWICE.

TFC 2011, 9 points on the bounce! (kthnxbye)
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm..... why does the SSG have a crossbow?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped reading the Sun article at this point- not a lot of credibility there...

This type of strategy wasn't seen under Johnston, who earned the nickname "Trader Joe" after shipping players in and out of Toronto with great regularity during his tenure. .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Toronto Sportsman show this week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every single idiot who decides to argue that Canada will get a World Cup, or that the USSF would somehow partner with us on a bid, should be obligated upon pain of death to include this chart in their story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ms_by_capacity

Canada's largest stadium, Commonwealth, would be 80th on that list.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Every single idiot who decides to argue that Canada will get a World Cup, or that the USSF would somehow partner with us on a bid, should be obligated upon pain of death to include this chart in their story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ms_by_capacity

Canada's largest stadium, Commonwealth, would be 80th on that list.
    Actually 7th but anyways.
    Esco, outside the US, every other country builds stadiums to host. That's what Canada would have to do. So that list is irrelivant.

Edit: Just reading the article now and stopped at the part where Kelly says to get it we need to piggy back on the US. Lost me right there. Most illogical thing right there.
    Last edited by boban; 03-15-2011 at 08:39 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because she probably doesn't have the firearms license required to hold a high-powered assault rifle that I'm sure the photographer had in mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you look like that, you can do pretty much whatever you want!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but SI run down their predictions on the Eastern conference.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...011/index.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Esco, outside the US, every other country builds stadiums to host. That's what Canada would have to do. So that list is irrelivant.

Edit: Just reading the article now and stopped at the part where Kelly says to get it we need to piggy back on the US. Lost me right there. Most illogical thing right there.
    Canada would need to build but also it is the fact that retrofitting would work too.

In the long run if this is actually going to happen I see the following happening:
    Expansion of:
    EDMONTON
    WINNIPEG (Their new stadium)
    CALGARY
    VANCOUVER
    MONTREAL (Big O)
    TORONTO (Rogers Centre)
    MONCTON (Expand temporarily, unless they have a CFL team by then)

and New Stadiums in:
    REGINA (Half Permanent, Half Temp --> ling run would be new for Roughriders)
    TORONTO (New stadium for NFL/Olympics)
    HALIFAX?

Overall, this idea of the world cup in Canada would serve the needs of some of the sports teams/communities in the country
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Impact defender Adam Braz retires

Montreal Impact's Adam Braz, left, tussles with Toronto FC's Chad Barrett during first-half action in the Nutrilite Canadian Championship in Toronto, on April 28, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Montreal defender Adam Braz retired Monday to become the Impact's team manager.
    Braz, a nine-year veteran who spent seven years in Montreal, helped the Impact win championships in 2004 and 2009.
    The 29-year-old, who also suited up with Toronto FC in 2007, started 121 of 145 career games.
    Braz also played with the Canadian men's team at all age levels, including 12 games with the senior team between 2004 and 2007.
    Đ The Canadian Press, 2011

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not that old but I'm not anticipating ever seeing a men's World Cup solely being hosted by Canada in my lifetime.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Canada would need to build but also it is the fact that retrofitting would work too.

In the long run if this is actually going to happen I see the following happening:
    Expansion of:
    EDMONTON
    WINNIPEG (Their new stadium)
    CALGARY
    VANCOUVER
    MONTREAL (Big O)
    TORONTO (Rogers Centre)
    MONCTON (Expand temporarily, unless they have a CFL team by then)

and New Stadiums in:
    REGINA (Half Permanent, Half Temp --> ling run would be new for Roughriders)
    TORONTO (New stadium for NFL/Olympics)
    HALIFAX?

Overall, this idea of the world cup in Canada would serve the needs of some of the sports teams/communities in the country
    Gee I guess Ottawa is off the soccer radar given our poor track record with professional summer sports teams .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read Cathal Kelly's column. Holy fuck, what an unbelieveable amount of delusional shit this asshole shot out of his sphincter.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has posted this but SI run down their predictions on the Eastern conference.

Hearing about Mista being one of the biggest DP dissapointments really infuriates me. How hard was it to find a decent striker on this planet for the salary he got?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now you've done it Redcoe... LOL

Delusional?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually having something in place before the bid gives you a much stronger chance, It looks good on the states not to have to build new stadiums because they already have dozens of stadiums that are huge and more than accomodating for a world cup. Given that its Canada and the CSA were deaing with, theres nothing to suggest that any stadiums we'd build would be anything more than 'just enough' and potentially half-assed.

Ensco's point is that the USA does not need Canada as a tag along, and if it were to come down to Canada v USA, the states have all the advantages.

I seem to remember that the states bid for 94 came with conditions that ensured the creation of a respectable first tier league with numerous teams, soccer specific stadiums, academy systems, youth programs and so on. MLS owes its existence to that succesful bid.

Conditions like this would almost certainly be imposed on a canadian bid, and personally I dont think the canadian government or the CSA has the will or enthusiasm to create a top tier canadian league of about 8 teams that isnt just some mickey mouse arrangement that would make MLS first year look like serie a.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo not talking to the media today as per Gerry Dobson's twitter

Fuck!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post

Looks like SI weren't the only ones to rank us 17th going into the season:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...-rankings.html

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Actually having something in place before the bid gives you a much stronger chance, It looks good on the states not to have to build new stadiums because they already have dozens of stadiums that are huge and more than accomodating for a world cup. Given that its Canada and the CSA were deaing with, theres nothing to suggest that any stadiums we'd build would be anything more than 'just enough' and potentially half-assed.

Ensco's point is that the USA does not need Canada as a tag along, and if it were to come down to Canada v USA, the states have all the advantages.

I seem to remember that the states bid for 94 came with conditions that ensured the creation of a respectable first tier league with numerous teams, soccer specific stadiums, academy systems, youth programs and so on. MLS owes its existence to that succesful bid.

Conditions like this would almost certainly be imposed on a canadian bid, and personally I dont think the canadian government or the CSA has the will or enthusiasm to create a top tier canadian league of about 8 teams that isnt just some mickey mouse arrangement that would make MLS first year look like serie a.
    This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

How does Qatar figure into this?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qatar had some ridiculous *ahem* budget for marketing, like 20 times that of every other country bidding. Oil money = World Cup. So unless Alberta is pumping out a ton of oil and everyone with the $$$ wants the WC here, it's not comparable to Qatar.
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Ro is gonna love this:

According to Garber, referees and linesman are being instructed to only call offsides if the player is clearly off, eliminating the close calls that take goal scoring opportunities away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    De Ro is gonna love this:

According to Garber, referees and linesman are being instructed to only call offsides if the player is clearly off, eliminating the close calls that take goal scoring opportunities away.
    I thought that was the FIFA directive from 10 years back?!