Thread: Cunny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cunny

Ok i know we've been giving him a hard time on the boards as of late (although deserved) however i have to give him credit for when he does play well and today i thought he played a great game and really tried out there...

Also celebrating with the fans was a nice little touch even if his goal was called back.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'd be better off with a striker who wasn't always off-side. And one intelligent enough to realise that this wasn't his 100th goal because it was a non-MLS game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sure thought that was on-side, but heck, I was only a linesman for 5 years, and that in the early 70's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no big fan of Cunningham, but I was dead in line with him and he was clearly onside by at least 2 yards...the linesman was f*cking PATHETIC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also thought he was onside......no matter though, we deserved to lose

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously? He wanted to celebrate his self achievement of scoring 100 goals more then he wanted to get 3 points for TFC against a USL SIDE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Footie-11 View Post
    Ok i know we've been giving him a hard time on the boards as of late (although deserved) however i have to give him credit for when he does play well and today i thought he played a great game and really tried out there...

Also celebrating with the fans was a nice little touch even if his goal was called back.

Thoughts?
    BREAKING NEWS: RPB MESSAGE FORUM IN CUNNINGHAM PRAISE SHOCK!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting in Cunningham was a good move IMO. He has the speed that can beat the 'caps defense, which DD doesn't. Carver should repeat for next game.

Hopefully by the time we play Montreal, we'll have our DP striker.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    I'm no big fan of Cunningham, but I was dead in line with him and he was clearly onside by at least 2 yards...the linesman was f*cking PATHETIC!
    lmao...look at the replay. ive got a freezeframe of it, and hes offside. not by much, but he's off. dont make shit up about clearly and 2 yards.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Seriously? He wanted to celebrate his self achievement of scoring 100 goals more then he wanted to get 3 points for TFC against a USL SIDE.
    Agreed 100%. hes quoted in the globe and mail today about having practiced the celebration for weeks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Agreed 100%. hes quoted in the globe and mail today about having practiced the celebration for weeks.
    How can he not understand this wasn't an MLS game and it couldn't have been his 100th goal?

I'm starting to wonder if Cunningham is really that dumb, or if the significance of the game hadn't been well explained to the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonder if he is going to do the same celebration when/if he gets his 100th league goal. The cat is out of the bag, so its might not be the same, though perhaps he should focus on actually scoring more then which celebration he is going to do.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    How can he not understand this wasn't an MLS game and it couldn't have been his 100th goal?

I'm starting to wonder if Cunningham is really that dumb, or if the significance of the game hadn't been well explained to the players.

Yes...yes he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    We'd be better off with a striker who wasn't always off-side. And one intelligent enough to realise that this wasn't his 100th goal because it was a non-MLS game.
    LMAO! It definitely would have been a sweet celebration. I'm wondering if Carver gave him heck for it. 100 laps around the field after the game?