Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, pretty sure they took him and we got an allocation which essentially makes it nil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    no one expected Wondo or Le Toux to put in 15+ goals last year either *shrug*
    I will wager you $20 and a beer that Barrett will start less than half the games for LA this season and will score less than 7 league goals if he lasts the full season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I will wager you $20 and a beer that Barrett will start less than half the games for LA this season and will score less than 7 league goals if he lasts the full season.
    you're on
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever. Barrett has to make himself look good for his new employers after a disappointing spell overall in Toronto. But it doesn't matter. I don't think he was an essential part of the puzzle so in that sense he won't be missed, and also Toronto FC are going to employ a completely different system to what LA will, so if Chad finds success there then good for him. You can't compare the two teams and now that he's gone it's time to look forwards anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett needed what, twenty clear cut chances to score a goal? Pretty obvious then that if TFC could have created another couple hundred chances for him he would have scored another five:-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Barrett needed what, twenty clear cut chances to score a goal? Pretty obvious then that if TFC could have created another couple hundred chances for him he would have scored another five:-)

At least he could create chances, Gordon and Martina will NOT be creating many chances for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drexel10 View Post
    At least he could create chances, Gordon and Martina will NOT be creating many chances for us.
    This!

People squak about all the squandered chances Barrett had but were, and are, unable to see that those chances came to him because he created them. He made good runs into space off the ball. It was those very runs that opened up space for Dero to have a breakout year in the Goal scoring department. And it is true that time and time again we saw him wide open only to witness Dero or Deguz sky another shot 50 yards over the bar.

Whatever happens in LA Barrett will do well, whether he is scoring the goals or whether he's simply tiring out the opposing teams defense and Angel, Beckham and Donovan are scoring the goals, it really doesn't matter.

I hope he has a breakthrough year, for his sake. In my opinion he deserves it. I'd take him back here in a heartbeat.