Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mikey

I will miss Barndoor Barrett's work ethic, but not his annoying habit of going one on one with the keeper and then shooting the ball right at him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he would have done well in this system out wide feeding the ball in i wish he was still here..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well there you have it from Chad "breaking out next year since 2006" Barrett.

good luck in LA...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will probably end up scoring 2 goals when TFC plays LA because thats just how shit TFC really is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke_Jones View Post
    He will probably end up scoring 2 goals when TFC plays LA because thats just how shit TFC really is...
    you mean when TFC reserves play LA reserves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the vitriol. Was the guy the greatest? Not even close. He was incredibly frustrating to watch in front of the net. Did he give everything for the club, do whatever was asked and never cause any problems off the field? Yes. How many current or former players can we say that about? Whether or not he scores more in LA or doesn't, why the hatred? All he did was come in, work hard and keep his mouth shut. Isn't that what we want from players? If we're hating people for not being as talented as we want them to be then I guess we all hate every single member of Toronto FC, and I have no idea why any of us watch MLS at all. Or any team outside of the top few clubs in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I don't get the vitriol. Was the guy the greatest? Not even close. He was incredibly frustrating to watch in front of the net. Did he give everything for the club, do whatever was asked and never cause any problems off the field? Yes. How many current or former players can we say that about? Whether or not he scores more in LA or doesn't, why the hatred? All he did was come in, work hard and keep his mouth shut. Isn't that what we want from players? If we're hating people for not being as talented as we want them to be then I guess we all hate every single member of Toronto FC, and I have no idea why any of us watch MLS at all. Or any team outside of the top few clubs in the world
    Not hating Chad for his effort here. Hating him because he's complaining he didn't get delivery here.

Chad had plenty of delivery in 2009, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in broad day light and perfect weather conditions. To bitch about delivery of the ball is a joke. The only player Chad had to blame for his lack of finish was himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Not hating Chad for his effort here. Hating him because he's complaining he didn't get delivery here.

Chad had plenty of delivery in 2009, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in broad day light and perfect weather conditions. To bitch about delivery of the ball is a joke. The only player Chad had to blame for his lack of finish was himself.
    Why hate him for that though? Like Shake said, what's the guy supposed to say when the media people there ask him about his lack of finishing in Toronto? "Well, it's mostly cause I'm shite in front of goal"? He has to say something. Besides while I agree with you that the claim is ridiculous, the fact of the matter is the quality of service he'll be getting in LA is immeasurably better then what it was here, so who knows, maybe he'll be proven right in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the most frustrating TFC player to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why hate him for that though? Like Shake said, what's the guy supposed to say when the media people there ask him about his lack of finishing in Toronto? "Well, it's mostly cause I'm shite in front of goal"? He has to say something. Besides while I agree with you that the claim is ridiculous, the fact of the matter is the quality of service he'll be getting in LA is immeasurably better then what it was here, so who knows, maybe he'll be proven right in the end.
    Would have got a laugh out of me.

I would have chalked it up to luck and bounces...and quickly changed the topic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he finished many of those chances he would have 20 goals yes, but still he was on pace for 12-15. Very respectable in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chad forget the number of times he blew the ball over the net...probably effects the number of times he gets the ball

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chad barrett played his heart out for the badge
    sure some days he could not hit a barn door
    but he played his heart out for our club

wish him all the best for the future and move on
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initially I was a little annoyed at the comment, but then I realized, despite the fact that he had the touch of a jackhammer, is his comment really that inaccurate? Did he ever have good service? That has always been a problem with this team.

Yes...if he would have had good service more often than not he would have done nothing with it I agree. But that's irrelevant to his statement, here he is going to get more chances of better quality and while most of them are going to be wasted, it still is a a numbers game and his stats will improve regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is it that Barret was let go from TFC for cap space when LA was able to squeeze him in along with some of the highest paid players in the league?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Because there is a tremendous amount of bullshit that goes on where LA and NY are concerned. The league's biggest commodities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chad was one of the most productive players from any tfc roster.
    i thought he was solid player - class act and competitor.
    and he did score one of - if not the best - tfc goals ive ever seen in the ccl at home.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    hahahahaha

'Well at least at Toronto, they paid me huge and played me every week despite the fact that i'm actually fucking awful at football.'
    Great effort, poor in front of goal. he was a good player for us . . but hsi shortfalls were holding us back, esp his salary.

I have no Ill will towards the guy, but any more coments like this and I will. lol

he scored 2 VERY important goals for us, and I will remember them fondly. Good luck chad.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level 5 leaders look out the window when accepting praise and in the mirror when taking criticism.

Chad should have said that he could have been better and left the team out of it.

Those are the players I want.

I'm being partly facetious with the Good to Great reference; that is one of the few tangible points that I took from it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's a secret that the service to TFC strikers is piss-poor. I still think it's something you keep to yourself. He might not have meant it that way, but it sounds like a shot. Now, usually Chad Barrett shots miss the net, but he was dead-on with this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    How is it that Barret was let go from TFC for cap space when LA was able to squeeze him in along with some of the highest paid players in the league?

Yeah man, things are not adding up properly here. I would love to see the books and find out how the hell this is possible...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Great effort, poor in front of goal. he was a good player for us . . but hsi shortfalls were holding us back, esp his salary.

I have no Ill will towards the guy, but any more coments like this and I will. lol

he scored 2 VERY important goals for us, and I will remember them fondly. Good luck chad.
    Giles, drop the lipstick and step away from the pig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck to him.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it. It's always someone elses fault. He didn't get the service he needed...whaaa.

Maybe people didn't pass him the ball because he couldn't hit the wide side of a barn.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Giles, drop the lipstick and step away from the pig.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Love it. It's always someone elses fault. He didn't get the service he needed...whaaa.

Maybe people didn't pass him the ball because he couldn't hit the wide side of a barn.
    BAH!!! hahahahaha.

When will someone OTHER than dero hit double digits?
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe we should have this thread reopened at the end of the season to see what the outcome is, i'm betting Chad has a great season. and I'm sure somewhere Edson Buddle is laughing and telling Chad he's reached the promise land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    maybe we should have this thread reopened at the end of the season to see what the outcome is, i'm betting Chad has a great season. and I'm sure somewhere Edson Buddle is laughing and telling Chad he's reached the promise land.
    I agree. I predict Chad will be good for .5 goals a game this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ So Barrett is going to be close to the leading scorer in MLS ? Has anyone actually looked at the quality of other strikers in this league and compared them to Chad Barrett?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ So Barrett is going to be close to the leading scorer in MLS ? Has anyone actually looked at the quality of other strikers in this league and compared them to Chad Barrett?

no one expected Wondo or Le Toux to put in 15+ goals last year either *shrug*
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Yeah man, things are not adding up properly here. I would love to see the books and find out how the hell this is possible...
    I thought we we still on the hook for some of his salary.