Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chad Barrett on his time at TFC

Here is what Barrett has said about his service at TFC:

It was close to 80 degrees on the steamy practice field Wednesday, but Chad Barrett is well aware that's not the only difference between playing in Toronto and playing for the Galaxy.

"I know if I make runs that I used to make run back then, I know I'm going to get the ball ... when I wouldn't get the ball in Toronto," Barrett said.
    Read the rest here: http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_17579682

Sorry Chad...but it wasn't just about a lack of service. All you brought was run, run, run. You had plenty of chances at TFC and shit the bed more often than not.

I don't miss this guy one bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a reason he wasn't getting the ball. DeRo shooting from 35 meters out may not always appear to be the best play, but it was often better then the alternative.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do. Solid hustler and had heart. Was brought in as a striker which he obv wasn't good at, but I thought he was a solid attacking mid type player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy for Chad. He's going to do well in LA. He fits their system very well. Looking forward to seeing him in April. Will enjoy very much seeing how our defense will cope with the pairing especially if Donovan and Beckham are in the lineup.

I'll miss him, but he's better off there. His career has a chance to flourish under that system and working with that kind of talent.

Wishing you the best Chad!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard-nosed worker in his time here, a passionate player, and for periods last season was one of the better players on the field for us. I wish him the best.

I'm not sure if service was his big problem, but it's not like he's going to say his problem is that he can't hit the net consistently, haha.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    That's a shitty attitude to have for a guy who gave every last drop for the club, even though he wasn't the most skillful.

I personally think this is his breakout year.

Also:

"The Galaxy's new forward looks around and sees David Beckham and Landon Donovan sending him passes, and looks to his left and sees Juan Pablo Angel."

Sorry, remind me again who we have up top?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He won me over last season when his composure increased in front of goal but I can't remember these incisive runs that were being missed he's talking about

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett is going to tear it up in LA (much like every striker who leaves TFC does).

And it is no coincidence that when Barrett went down last season, the team hit its annual 'post friendlies' nose dive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's right about having better service at LA. He's a whiny bitch for suggesting he didn't have chances in Toronto. So it's a mixed bag of general pre-season irrelevancy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's right about having better service at LA. He's a whiny bitch for suggesting he didn't have chances in Toronto. So it's a mixed bag of general pre-season irrelevancy.
    yep pretty much, we'd be foolish to compare lady donovan and secksy becksy to anyone we currently have or had when barrett was here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I can't blame any offensive player for coming away from this club feeling frustrated - even if their claims are specious at best.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    That's a shitty attitude to have for a guy who gave every last drop for the club, even though he wasn't the most skillful.
    Just because they try hard doesn't mean we are obligated to miss them. Lombardo and Andy Welsh had good work ethics too but I don't miss them either. Barrett was notoriously underwhelming as a finisher and extremely frustrating to watch. As Soccer By Ives put it prior to the release of the MLS Schedule this year: "#MLSScheduleisLateBecause the league asked Chad Barrett to finish it and, well...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait....is service a new way of saying aim??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahaha

This is the funniest shit I read all day.

I hope he does get better service, because he'll squander it to the point that he wont be getting played much anyway. He'll be fondly looking back at his TFC days then saying.

'Well at least at Toronto, they paid me huge and played me every week despite the fact that i'm actually fucking awful at football.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL at anyone shitting on Chad.

The guy's point is bang on and he will do much better in a healthier team environment.

He gave every bit he had for this team and his team mates...sometimes this board just makes my head head hurt.

Who on our team right now besides maybe Gargan gives you even the slightest belief that they will fight for every ball, chase players down, play with fire every game?

Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BODY!

Good luck Chad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett's problem was never service, he didnt know where the fucking goal was and he didnt know how to hold his position long enough to get the fucking ball anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Barrett's problem was never service, he didnt know where the fucking goal was and he didnt know how to hold his position long enough to get the fucking ball anyway.
    After awhile, teams just realized they could push him wide. Half of Barrett's shit strike rate was positioning. He knew how to make some space and even to get behind backlines somewhat, but most of the time, they marked him to an acute angle, so that it was very tough to hit empty net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys don't think he'll score more at LA with the service that he'll get, well, I just don't know what to say to that except I think you're very wrong.

He may need 4 chances to score one, but he'll get 4 chances very, very often.

I bet he scores 10-14 this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    There is a reason he wasn't getting the ball. DeRo shooting from 35 meters out may not always appear to be the best play, but it was often better then the alternative.
    true....VERY TRUE

the amount of times chad barret stumbled over his feet

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And just how often was Barrett given the ball with only a few yards to the net just to hesitate needlessly or kick it nervously wide of the target?

Sure, Barrett was improving last year, but let's not get carried away with his contributions.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Here is what Barrett has said about his service at TFC:

Read the rest here: http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_17579682

Sorry Chad...but it wasn't just about a lack of service. All you brought was run, run, run. You had plenty of chances at TFC and shit the bed more often than not.

Well, for the record. I'll miss Barrett, and I know alot of other people will as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chad didnt really have someone to partner up with and was on pace for a 12-15 goal season before he got hurt. Its no surprise our slide coincided with his injury.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

count me among those who miss barrett. last year under preki, we were obviously playing a more defensive system, and yet, he was good enough to be able to still do well in that system.

defences had to pay attention to him which opened up more space for other players, when he was out and everyone could concentrate on dero, and not have to worry about anyone else up front (ie obie, ibbe, peterson, those who weren't good enough to do well in a defensive system) the goals dried up for de ro as well. our record with chad was miles ahead of our record without chad last year.

doesn't mean he'd have fit in this year, and he's a bit overpaid, but to suggest he's as much of a waste of space as some poeple here are doing is frankly ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero's gonna miss Chad, as Chad set him up many a time for a sure goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did really like the guy but I think he's having a bit of selective memory.

Has anyone made an updated mixtape of his shocking missed opportunities from his time here? The one of his Chicago days was pretty funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    If you guys don't think he'll score more at LA with the service that he'll get, well, I just don't know what to say to that except I think you're very wrong.

He may need 4 chances to score one, but he'll get 4 chances very, very often.

I bet he scores 10-14 this year.
    I dont think he'll score more, because I dont think he'll start very often. He's not good enough to be any more than a depth player at LA.

This scoring of 1 in 4 chances is romantic, Chad squandered five out of six sitters. Few strikers would get away with some of the absolute unmissable opportunities he well....missed.

A lot of those missed opportunities were the difference between the playoffs and where we ended up.

That he got so many chances to miss should tell you he got service after all.

What he just said to the press after all the money and opportunities he got here in addition to the support he still gets from the chad-ettes on this board, makes him a bit of a cunt if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He had his moments, and sure he played hard. But I can't recall a guy in the league who missed an open net in 2009 more than Chad. So frustrating..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could make a lowlight reel of Barrett's misses when he did get delivery...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

barrett was a decent player for us and did his job the best he could... it would have been nice to still have him.... he was a hard worker and played with alot of hart... i wish him well with LA....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say whiny bitch.