0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell yeah.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The CSA is a joke and thier Refs are just as bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Corrupt.

If the CSA doesn't hold this guy acountable, then what other conclusions can be drawn?

Is incompetence any more acceptable anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CSA holding a ref accountable? Hell will freeze over before that happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Gotta disagree on that...he had it up well before cunningham even shot. Just because nobody at the game knows a thing about soccer and is still cheering 15 minutes later...honestly, if you've got any experience watching the game you glance at the linesman on ANY throughpass. it kind of gets to me that the typical BMO crowd is not knowledgeable about the game. Several examples:
    "You cant call offside and a foul too" (from a guy behind me). Sure you can. The ref played advantage for Vancouver and brought it back a second later on an offside call. This was one of his better calls throughout the game.
    "Cunningham didnt even touch it" (person in my row, on the play where cunningham was offside and then left it for Smith). No, Cunningham didnt touch it, but was still actively offside as he originally went for the ball.

About the ref overall...it didnt seem like he called a great game, but I dont want to completely rip him until ive seen replays. The penalty against us was clearly a foul by brennan. Brennans claim for a penalty on a breakaway was a joke...hes lucky he didnt get called for diving. Kind of takes the bite out of his "you fucking cunt" rant at NE. Which leaves Guevaras wembley goal...no clue whether it crossed the line, but youve got to give it to the linesman, who was right on the goalline and called it right away. Much better view than I had in 108 so I wont challenge him. As for Smith going down in the box, that looked like a clear penalty. Again, havent seen a replay, but I think the ref butchered that call. I think his biggest mistake was letting the game get so out of hand...he was a bit slow reacting to the chippy play which went on throughout the game, and better use of his cards could have stopped that quicker.

Sorry for the speel, I'm a referee myself, and take more of an interest in them than most fans. Also, Torcida, none of this was directed at you apart from the fact that the linesman had his flag up quickly. It just turned into a megapost. Frustrating game anyway.
    Well said Colman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    let's remember this wasn't a league game, it's a CSA tournament - which explains ALOT... it seems like everything the CSA touches turns to shit.

I find MLS has gotten better in terms of officiating over the last few years.
    Steve Di Piero is also a MLS ref. He has officated in TFC games over the last 2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochdale View Post
    Steve Di Piero is also a MLS ref. He has officated in TFC games over the last 2 years.
    Which proves that MLS officiating has not improved over the past few years!

He really did call a poor game but you can't blame him for the offside call. The man in the middle has no option but to trust his assistants. He certainly was in no position to overrule the linesman.

In regards to the Penalty, we've all seen many things much worse in the box that have gone unpunished. The fact that it ended in a dive make the call look even weaker. I still disagree with it having watched it at least a dozen times.

B

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta disagree on that...he had it up well before cunningham even shot. Just because nobody at the game knows a thing about soccer and is still cheering 15 minutes later...honestly, if you've got any experience watching the game you glance at the linesman on ANY throughpass. it kind of gets to me that the typical BMO crowd is not knowledgeable about the game. Several examples:
    "You cant call offside and a foul too" (from a guy behind me). Sure you can. The ref played advantage for Vancouver and brought it back a second later on an offside call. This was one of his better calls throughout the game.
    "Cunningham didnt even touch it" (person in my row, on the play where cunningham was offside and then left it for Smith). No, Cunningham didnt touch it, but was still actively offside as he originally went for the ball.

About the ref overall...it didnt seem like he called a great game, but I dont want to completely rip him until ive seen replays. The penalty against us was clearly a foul by brennan. Brennans claim for a penalty on a breakaway was a joke...hes lucky he didnt get called for diving. Kind of takes the bite out of his "you fucking cunt" rant at NE. Which leaves Guevaras wembley goal...no clue whether it crossed the line, but youve got to give it to the linesman, who was right on the goalline and called it right away. Much better view than I had in 108 so I wont challenge him. As for Smith going down in the box, that looked like a clear penalty. Again, havent seen a replay, but I think the ref butchered that call. I think his biggest mistake was letting the game get so out of hand...he was a bit slow reacting to the chippy play which went on throughout the game, and better use of his cards could have stopped that quicker.

Sorry for the speel, I'm a referee myself, and take more of an interest in them than most fans. Also, Torcida, none of this was directed at you apart from the fact that the linesman had his flag up quickly. It just turned into a megapost. Frustrating game anyway.

I ALWAYS look at the linesman, (quickly) to see if his flag is up when a goal was scored. I was not celerbrating, I knew it wasn't a goal, whether I disagreed with it or not.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exiled, I dont really care how much soccer youve watched. Yesterdays game wasnt completely out of hand with many blatantly wrong calls. Brennan did have a hand on the attackers shirt, and while many refs dont call that, you cant complain that this one did. He followed the rule book. Secondly, Cunningham was offside. It was close, yes. But he was off. We at no point deserved to score a goal. Vancouver did several times (Hitting the post late, guevara saving a goal with a tackle). If you put a 100% perfect ref in there, we still dont win the game. Suggesting that it was rigged just makes you look like a conspiracy freak. TFC simply didnt realize the holiday wasnt for them aswell.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    Im a ref, I know lots of refs. I was taught by the linesman at todays game, Amato De Luca. He's a FIFA linesman.
    Listen, the worst thing to do is start chanting "Fuck the Ref/The Referee's a wanker/Im nlind-Im deaf etc"

The Ref knows this, hears it and will go defensive. Whether you like it or not, you will then not get any boderline calls going for your team. This is simply a bad idea.
    Ask a Ref, see what they think.

CSA refs are a pile of shit and will never get big FIFA matches because of it, and if they are that way inclined then they should be a ref over a few name calling, send them back to kiddie football 101

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exiled, I dont really care how much soccer youve watched. Yesterdays game wasnt completely out of hand with many blatantly wrong calls. Brennan did have a hand on the attackers shirt, and while many refs dont call that, you cant complain that this one did. He followed the rule book. Secondly, Cunningham was offside. It was close, yes. But he was off. We at no point deserved to score a goal. Vancouver did several times (Hitting the post late, guevara saving a goal with a tackle). If you put a 100% perfect ref in there, we still dont win the game. Suggesting that it was rigged just makes you look like a conspiracy freak. TFC simply didnt realize the holiday wasnt for them aswell.
    How can you justify this? Why don't you find us a corner kick where this hasn't happened... in history? And FFS Clarke clearly fell down due to lack of integrity and intestinal fortitude.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    How can you justify this? Why don't you find us a corner kick where this hasn't happened... in history? And FFS Clarke clearly fell down due to lack of integrity and intestinal fortitude.
    However, it has been called before, and will be called again. the ref is within his rights to call it. A couple minutes earlier he was in the penalty area on a corner telling players to keep their hands off each others shirts (at least it looked like thats what he was saying from his gestures). Can you really say that because of 1 iffy penalty decision the game was rigged? thats just ridiculous. there must be rigged games every weekend then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, it has been called before, and will be called again. the ref is within his rights to call it. A couple minutes earlier he was in the penalty area on a corner telling players to keep their hands off each others shirts (at least it looked like thats what he was saying from his gestures). Can you really say that because of 1 iffy penalty decision the game was rigged? thats just ridiculous. there must be rigged games every weekend then.
    Show me the post where I say it was rigged and I will pay out a large sum of money. I actually said the opposite that I think the crappy play had more to do with it.

Like I said... this happens on every corner. There was no precedent to call the penalty other than pulling out the handbook. In fact, if you watch the game again can you tell me that during our 13 corner kicks a whitecaps player never had "a hand on the shirt". C'mon man you are proving my point... you call it by the book then call it both ways. He was an inconsistent ref, you are agreeing with me.

But hey... if you need to tell yourself that he did the right thing so you can feel all fuzzy inside at your next RA meeting then have at 'er.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it was the right call. I think it was the wrong call. However, it wasnt a horribly blatant wrong call. Im not discussing whether the penalty was or wasnt one, im talking about whether we can take "inconsistent reffing" and conclude that the game was rigged. I know you didnt say that. Exiled did. Thats what I was talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

understood... to be honest I am still kinda in shock that it was called. after watching it over and over it seems like such a routine part of the game. I am not much of one for conspiracy theories myself but this was suspect at best.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a suspect call. It wasnt a suspect performance to the point where we could consider that the ref was paid off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a suspect call. It wasnt a suspect performance to the point where we could consider that the ref was paid off.
    lol... yeah I will give you that

(I don't think he was that smart anyways... lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a blatantly biased and partial performance, the game was deliberately manipulated against us. If the referee wasnt paid off or instructed to influence the game in WCs favour by a higher authority, then he was clearly just having a hissy fit, or doesn't like Toronto for whatever reason.

Whatever reason he had, he was not being fair, and was not acting professionally, and should never referee in a professional environment again.

If you think his performance wasn't in any way unfair, you should do something else too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am goiing to be nothing but positive from Now On ,.. TFC will bounce back from this Loss ..
    This team is going to bust lose and go on a nice win Streak !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Dikestra View Post
    I am goiing to be nothing but positive from Now On ,.. TFC will bounce back from this Loss ..
    This team is going to bust lose and go on a nice win Streak !!!!
    Sorry to be a werewolf, but what the hell has your future attitude got to do with the referee on Saturdays game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ On a fucking roll today aren't ya mate?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Sorry to be a werewolf, but what the hell has your future attitude got to do with the referee on Saturdays game?
    I am hoping the ref will still change his mind on th PK and the offside ..

Oh wait THAT will nver happen ..so I think I willlook forward to the next game..
    You keep bitching about something that can't be changed Exile