Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Winter's right (no reason he shouldn't be, given that he coaches this shitshow), Cann's out of line. End of story. Still means our D is in shambles, but this is classic MeRo behaviour. Think this thread needs some Roogsy for pro-player balance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news, all fans who bring their footy boots & a valid transfer certificate to the home opener, get in for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just loving how people somewhat blame De Ro for this. Entertaining as hell, but really, attitude is not a disease. It does not spread. Cann was everybody's golden boy, the example of what De Ro should be, and when the boy turns out to have spots, everyone throws him under the bus.

Hilarious.

Maybe people need to consider that Cann is a professional athlete, being paid to do a job, like De Ro, and it's his objective to get as much as he can from the club as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pissed about this.

I understand Cann wanting a raise but TFC had the faith to sign him to a 4 year deal.

IMO he shouldn't be expecting a top rate raise while he is still under contract, but whatever the dog and pony show continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    I'm just loving how people somewhat blame De Ro for this. Entertaining as hell, but really, attitude is not a disease. It does not spread...
    wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just loving how people somewhat blame De Ro for this. Entertaining as hell, but really, attitude is not a disease. It does not spread. Cann was everybody's golden boy, the example of what De Ro should be, and when the boy turns out to have spots, everyone throws him under the bus.

Hilarious.

Maybe people need to consider that Cann is a professional athlete, being paid to do a job, like De Ro, and it's his objective to get as much as he can from the club as possible.
    I have to agree with you sir!

Shameless plug here from my blog about this":

"...lets take a look at another example of a much more well known contract dispute to give this worrisome news some context.

Dwayne De Rosario’s contract woes were without a doubt a huge story this off season, and to date there has been no significant word from player or club since training camp began more than a month ago on if there has been any progress on resolving the issue.

Dwayne has claimed to be unhappy with his deal for months and he wants a considerable raise. (no news there!) Even in spite of this Dwayne had been part of training camp since his return from Scotland. He has not gone home. He has not held out. AdrianCann apparently has
    ..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    wrong.
    Prove it...empirically. Produce the science that 100% demonstrates it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

According to the TFC article, he's in the 2nd of a 4 year contract. So yes, he is under contract. So, I guess players never renegotiate contracts, right?
    I never said that. I said the team, unless it's expiring.

If players had their way they'd renegotiate their contracts after every good season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hilarious.

This is absolutely false.

Have you ever played on or worked as part of a team? Attitude most certainly does spread. Good and bad.

Team culture is built on the premise of attitude and work ethic.

There is nothing else.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    When did Adrian Cann sign a four year contract? In January, Duane Rollins reported Cann was out of contract and negotiations had stalled with both him and Nana (who still has one year remaining). Both were looking for longterm contracts. Adrian Cann was making $65,322 and Nana was making the base salary at $40,000.
    I remember that article too.
    http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...-Nana-s-salary

I wonder what TFC's offer to Cann was? I can understand him asking for more money than he made last year. TFC have every right to say F U, you have a contract.

If Cann is looking for anything more than a bump to $110k he's delusional. He's had one decent year in the MLS and from what I've seen he's not showed he's smooth distributor of the ball from the back. He may not even be our long-term solution back there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that could be said either way

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    When did Adrian Cann sign a four year contract? In January, Duane Rollins reported Cann was out of contract and negotiations had stalled with both him and Nana (who still has one year remaining). Both were looking for longterm contracts. Adrian Cann was making $65,322 and Nana was making the base salary at $40,000.
    That's what I thought. Which would make more sense why Cann would leave camp. In effect, he has no contract to start the season with.

But the press release says he's going into his 2nd year of a 4 year contract?!?

Hence the confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha! relax! some are prone to being influenced by others attitudes, surely you've seen this happen at some point in your life? co-workers, family etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF that's all I have to say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or go read any introductory psychology text book or academic writing on influence then you will reconsider your proposition
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post

Have you ever played on or worked as part of a team? Attitude most certainly does spread. Good and bad.

There is nothing else.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hilarious.

dero was generally loved too...before his renegotiation demands.
    it wont be any different with cann for me.

i thought he was a team first guy. i was wrong

youre right though...players do this all the time...douchebag, me first players.

add another one to the list i guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    or go read any introductory psychology text book or academic writing on influence then you will reconsider your proposition
    Thank you.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hilarious.

I can assure you having spent time with teams, in creating teams and being a part of teams, it does.

That's why I said the rot runs deep in this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anyone who has signed a "four year contract" which most likely employer heavy with a series of one year team options with less than 100k base and a limited remaining career ... should take some liberties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I can assure you having spent time with teams, in creating teams and being a part of teams, it does.

That's why I said the rot runs deep in this club.
    thank you.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

FFS.

You spend 16 years with teams you don't need "science" to prove it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing else.
    Absolutely. And i can categorically say that no matter how hard i worked, no matter how much I gave encouraging words to my fellow players, at least a quarter of them were still lazy assholes. The remaining 3/4s worked their arses off all the time. Work ethic and attitude comes from within. Maybe it was the fact I was playing lower tiered hockey, but generally, it doesn't spread.

It's a myth that, as far as I'm concerned, should be forgotten. Captains are really unnecessary to teams as well, except for the purpose of talking to the referees.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is nothing else.
    Exactly.

Hell, it happens in workplaces, which the TFC is, a workplace.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I'm with Pigfynn.

You cry long enough, the team gives in.
    It's working for DeRo.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so..just to clarify

are you okay with CANNS DECISION of walking out of camp 3 weeks before the start of the season?

sidenote: i wanna hear from cann on this and get the facts on the contract length with cann

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read a funny comment on the TFC FB page:

Cann Adrian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    so..just to clarify

are you okay with CANNS DECISION of walking out of camp 3 weeks before the start of the season?

sidenote: i wanna hear from cann on this and get the facts on the contract length with cann
    It's not whether I'm okay with it or not. I'm pointing out the sheer hilarity of the situation with respect to Cann and De Rosario.

And quite enjoying the outrage from the peanut gallery.

Really Cann is replaceable. If he walks out, no big deal in the long run. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of time to replace him.

I respect his right to re-negotiate his contract. I don't agree with the optics of it. Similar to the situation with De Ro. I still think he can play a role on the team as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too was under the impression that he was under a one year contract. There may have been a provision of some sort to revisit the terms of that contract after year one or if he met certain expectations though. the article does state that they offered Cann a NEW CONTRACT that he turned down.

Why did they do this if he was already on the hook? There is more to this than meets the eye.

Shame though that so many people here are ready to kick his ass to the curb for wanting to make more the $55 K's a year! He gave everything that he could last year, along with Nana. Was it good enough? We had guys like Usanov, Saric and Hscanovics, not regular starters, making around $100,000 a year. Ibrahim and White, $100,000 a year, Peterson at 125,000 and GARCIA at $190,000.

If he's not happy with the New Contract offer, why shouldn't he try to hammer out the issues before the season starts as opposed to carrying the problem into the regular season and in essence on to the field? I won't throw him under a bus till I know what's really going down!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a bum, I hope the team can fine him and make him sit out a season after voiding his contract.

I have lost all respect for Cann.